What's new

Pakistan, Iran agree to complete gas pipeline in 15 months

We should complete this project in very fast time. We can't face international pressure for long time.

It is building that to sell the oil to China, Pakistan is just another pawn for them while the animosity with America lasts! :lol:

Who gets the transit fees , processed OIL , economic progression and prosperity - not to mention the infrastructure development at Gwadar ? Coco Islands ? :lol:

Last time there were reports that Iran was supplying Pakistan electricity with the power station build by the Indians at Chahbahar ? :rofl: True , is it ?

There's a great difference between Army directly receiving money and buying weapons from it ( which was in the case of FMS ) and Govt of Pakistan allocating them money for their operations with the coalition as well as protection of the supply lines , not the overall operational expenses ...
After all its money passing through hands of Army and the Govt. my original statement.

US has claimed what-not in the past , do you expect me to take everything as true ?

Hahaha, the bills are submitted to US, only they can verify right? :azn:

How exactly did ammunition translated for " paper tigers " for you ? Sadly for you , that strategic strength is a significant factor in the overall military strength , we aren't the only ones in the club with " First Use " policy and not the sole possessor of nuclear weapons , what are the others without it ... :azn:

Even with ammunition made in your country, your forces are no match for Indian forces.. SO making ammunition in your country amounts to nothing, zero!

Lets not even talk of nuclear here cause India knows its dangerous to engage a country which is not in complete control of itself.

Who gets the transit fees , processed OIL , economic progression and prosperity - not to mention the infrastructure development at Gwadar ? Coco Islands ? :lol:

Did I say you will not get all that? I simply said that Iran is using your country even with the sad atmosphere in your country against Shias.

Last time there were reports that Iran was supplying Pakistan electricity with the power station build by the Indians at Chahbahar ? :rofl: True , is it ?
Why should they not, if it benefits them. After all Pakistan imports Indian good from SA, why would we not sell you if you pay.

After all its money passing through hands of Army and the Govt. my original statement.

Even with ammunition made in your country, your forces are no match for Indian forces.. SO making ammunition in your country amounts to nothing, zero!

After all , it is the money being used for payments of expenditures in support of coalition troops as well as protection of supply routes , which cant be considered AID by any means , since it isn't being used by the Pakistan Army for itself - my original statement ... I told you in my first post that the Pakistan Army doesn't take AID now , why did it take so long for you to understand ? :azn:

But maintaining nukes in the numbers of three digits does :lol: Yes , we saw that both in '87 and '02 - Op.Brasstacks and Op.Parakram respectively :rofl: Some threatened , mobilized and backed off loosing hundreds of men in the process ... Maybe , your army brass knows better , kid and do not whine about nuclear weapons that excessively , doesn't changes nothing :azn: These delusions of " your forces are no match for us " may help you sleep at night , but in the real world they just aren't worth it - zero value ...

Did I say you will not get all that?

Why should they not, if it benefits them.

No , we were just a pawn in your last post ... Do you even remember what you wrote earlier or have I been talking to a bi-polar all along ? :D

Indeed they should , whatever benefits them , as Tehran didn't go to India to ask for the power station at Chahbahar , you tried to play for the Central Asia , it is just that Pakistan's usage to its facilities directly against dreamed-plans of some for Iran is enough to upset " some " people ...

After all , it is the money being used for payments of expenditures in support of coalition troops as well as protection of supply routes , which cant be considered AID by any means , since it isn't being used by the Pakistan Army for itself - my original statement ...
What is the definition of the word Inflated in your dictionary?

But maintaining nukes in the numbers of three digits does :lol: Yes , we saw that both in '87 and '02 - Op.Brasstacks and Op.Parakram respectively :rofl: ... Maybe , your army brass knows better , kid and do not whine about nuclear weapons that excessively , doesn't changes nothing :azn:

Take out nukes and first use and 71 does not seem impossible, again!

No , we were just a pawn in your last post ... Do you even remember what you wrote earlier or have I been talking to a bi-polar all along ? :D

Yes you are a pawn with side kicks, creation of Taliban did give you benefits of shiny weapons and the status of an ally but did it backfire, I would say a big YES! :lol:
Indeed they should , whatever benefits them , as Tehran didn't go to India to ask for the power station at Chahbahar , you tried to play for the Central Asia , it is just that Pakistan's usage to its facilities directly against dreamed-plans of some for Iran is enough to upset " some " people ...
Tehran went any which way, they are still on good terms with us, grow up you just do not have two camps in the present world order.

What is the definition of the word Inflated in your dictionary?

Take out nukes and first use and 71 does not seem impossible, again!

Yes you are a pawn with side kicks, creation of Taliban did give you benefits of shiny weapons and the status of an ally but did it backfire, I would say a big YES! :lol:

Tehran went any which way, they are still on good terms with us, grow up you just do not have two camps in the present world order.

What is your definition of the word " AID " itself ? My original point was that the army isn't taking it now for itself , it is merely taking the payment for the support of the coalition forces , inflated or non inflated bills , the US isn't paying whatever the Govt of Pakistan bills them for , is it ? :azn:

Try it , kid , cross the border if you can , no territory of us is 1000 miles apart from us now :azn: ...

Where do Taliban come in between of Iran and Pakistan ? :lol: Iran wants to sell OIL to both Pakistan and China via Gwadar refinery , I am not seeing any " pawn " thing in here ... We will get the money for the transit ... All three countries will benefit ... Your problem being ?

It did , it was enough to upset a significant number of people who were taken by surprise when that news appeared in media and especially on PDF - I saw the reactions myself :P A proof that aren't interested in someone's dirty game ... Food for thought !

What is your definition of the word " AID " itself ? My original point was that the army isn't taking it now , inflated or non inflated bills , the US isn't paying whatever the Govt of Pakistan bills them for , is it ? :azn:

Why brag on something you are not getting by saying "We are not taking it?" Intellectual dishonesty I would say.

Try it , kid , cross the border if you can , no territory of us is 1000 miles apart from us now :azn: ...
Oh enough with your threats, kid.

Where do Taliban come in between of Iran and Pakistan ? :lol: Iran wants to sell OIL to both Pakistan and China via Gwadar refinery , I am not seeing any " pawn " thing in here ... We will get the money for the transit ... All three countries will benefit ... Your problem being ?
A comparison of how then Pakistan though it was a great enterprise for them :azn:

It did , it was enough to upset a significant number of people who were taken by surprise when that news appeared in media and especially on PDF - I saw the reactions my self :P
Maybe many were upset. Just like when US govt, distanced itself from the statement Hagel made, many got upset.

I rest my case!

Why brag on something you are not getting by saying "We are not taking it?" Intellectual dishonesty I would say.

Oh enough with your threats, kid.

A comparison of how then Pakistan though it was a great enterprise for them :azn:

Maybe many were upset. Just like when US govt, distanced itself from the statement Hagel made, many got upset.

I rest my case!

How long would you continue your intellectual dishonesty and keep on beating the dead horse when you have lost the debate ? Still , you couldn't understand that our army takes no " AID " from the US now ? Do you understand what does that word even mean , can you differentiate between money taken for expenditures for operations done for them with money taken for buying military equipment for the country ? I said we aren't getting it and since its a bill made by the Govt not the army so no need for you to whine , right ?

No threat , mere reminder :D

This is an economic deal , nobody's fighting a war for nobody in this case so a flawed example or whatever the hell it was ...

Groundbreaking of gas pipeline on 11th

ISLAMABAD: After a wait of almost two decades, the groundbreaking of $7.5 billion Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline will be performed on March 11 on the Pak-Iran border by the presidents of the two countries.

Agreements for opening two more border crossings (Gabd and Pasni) and setting up an oil refinery in Gwadar will also be signed after the ceremony, a Pakistan embassy official in Tehran told Dawn.

The ceremony will be held at Gabd zero point on the border from where the Pakistan section of the gas pipeline starts.

President Asif Ali Zardari returned on Thursday after a two-day visit to Iran for finalising the gas pipeline deal and sorting out financing and technical issues. “We have successfully completed all negotiations,” the official said after the president’s trip.

The two countries had initially planned to perform the groundbreaking on March 4, but delayed it for a week because of inadequate preparations for the ceremony.

A number of foreign diplomats posted in Islamabad are being invited to the event.

The pipeline issue is likely to bring Pakistan-US ties under renewed stress as Washington has been staunchly opposing the project.

“It’s in their best interests to avoid any sanction-able activity, and we think that we provide and are providing … a better way to meet their energy needs in some of the assistance we’re providing,” deputy US State Department Spokesman Patrick Ventrell said on Wednesday.

In Tehran, President Zardari, while rejecting the US pressure, had said: “We deeply believe in boosting bilateral ties. The international and regional players have tried in vain to prevent expansion of Iran-Pakistan ties but the people have learnt how to act against the enemies of Islam.”

The project has time and again run into problems. It initially started in 1994 as Iran-Pakistan-India gas pipeline, but in 2009 India separated itself from the project to get a civil nuclear deal from the US.

All along there have also been disputes over tariff. Lately, financing the laying of the pipeline in Pakistani territory has been a major issue because of US sanctions on Iran.

The US pressure was so intense that at one stage even a Chinese-led consortium ditched the project.

Tehran has agreed to provide a $500 million loan to partially finance construction of the pipeline on the Pakistan side, which will cost $1.5 billion. Pakistan will pay the remaining cost from its own resources.

If everything else goes well the pipeline will be completed in 15 months. Iran has already completed the pipeline in its territory, while the laying of 785-km-long Pakistani section will commence now. Pakistan plans to import 21.5 million cubic metres of gas daily from Iran via the pipeline.

Groundbreaking of gas pipeline on 11th | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Zadari knows his time is up and so he will not have to face any pressure from his masters in the US therefore such convenient date for the launch. I sincerely hope that the next government remains committed and finishes the project in time while at the same time showing a middle finger to the US.

Congratulations to Pakistan and Iran.

Once it comes to karachi and Lahore, we will take it from there to Delhi and Ahmadabad. Of course we will have to pay hefty fees to Pakistan Govt and its non state actors too...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom