Kala Dhaka Tribal Area

4697543574_378766702a_o.jpg

galiyat

4696911607_85d01997b4_o.jpg

4697545006_a0f5ecf65a_o.jpg

4697545998_9e1868ed71_o.jpg

4697546532_17be2d41a7_o.jpg

4697547222_681a843e5f_o.jpg

What in God's name was that!?! Not taking away any credit from loveicon for sharing this video I must say that these two chaps and their program is utter garbage. Not only were they more camera hungry than a couple of teenage girls they didn't show any of the place that they were there to show. They were in Karimabad and they didn't show any of it. Rakaposhi, Ultar Sar, Diran Peak, Ladyfinger, Spantik, Eagles' nest....did you see them? Did they say anything about them? Did they even show where the Baltit Fort stands? For heaven's sake all this can be seen from your hotel room window when your staying in Karimabad. Did they even tell where Hunza is? Did they show any of it's people? Did they talk about it's history? Did they tell you what you can do when your there? They even failed to manage a panoramic shot of the Hunza valley from the fort's damn balcony where they were sitting pretty talking about sitting on a king's throne like two idiots! Add to that the fact that they didn't know jack squat about the place. For example Hunza water, which they blabbered on about for many minutes, isn't water. It's the local wine! Had they talked to any local for 5 minutes he would've told them tonnes more than what they talked about. Who sent these monkeys there?

ps: And when the hell will these people learn to buy good cameras for such programs. It makes all the difference!

I have already pointed out it in first or second post and also on their channel. If you have good documentaries specially in English than share it here

I have already pointed out it in first or second post and also on their channel. If you have good documentaries specially in English than share it here

There aren't many. In "Don't tell my mother Im in Pakistan" the host only goes to the Lower Kachura lake and sits there in the boat. The shots were pretty awful to be honest, bad camera work and little knowledge of the places on the host's part e.g. He says that 4 out of the 5 highest peaks are in Pakistan, but his take on the place was interesting.

Could only find the hindi dubbed version on youtube:

Don't Tell my mother I am in Pakistan Part 5 of 5 - YouTube

Then was this long documentary "The Himalayas". The host starts off from the Khyber Pass, goes through Chitral, Kailash, Shandur, etc. Takes a helicopter ride to Concordia too. It's a decent documentary but the man hardly does justice to the places. It was as if he was only building on a prologue for Nepal and Mount Everest. Then he ruins it by saying that Pakistan and India are fighting over the Baltoro region. There are interesting comments here and there though.

The Himalaya

Then come some awesome ones. One is a documentary on the Lowari pass "Pakistan: Deadliest Journeys". It's pretty good, a must watch.

Deadliest Journeys- Pakistan - Part 1/2 - YouTube

Then one of my absolute favorites "The Birdman of the Karakorum". This is the kind of stuff which demands to be watched in HD. Not only are the shots, by Alun Hughes, breath taking and absolutely brilliant but John Silvester himself is pretty awesome! John is a para-glider who regularly visits the Hunza valley and stays in Karimabad. He's very well known there. There are shots of him flying over Rakaposhi, Ultar Sar, Diran Peak, Spantik, etc. Sadly I've been searching for years and still haven't been able to find the complete documentary. Can't find it in HD on youtube. You'll have to be patient for better quality:

Birdman of the Karakoram 10 mins on Vimeo

But the best shots by far were shown in BBC's Planet Earth series' first season's second episode, The Mountains, narrated by Sir. David Attenborough. In it they showed the Baltoro region, the Markhor and the Snow Leopard. I have the full episode in HD but it's an hour long. I uploaded the Baltoro part on youtube a long time ago. It's not HD and the sound is a bit sketchy. There are other interesting facts about this documentary and I'll share them in a little while. Enjoy this while I upload the whole part on Pakistan in HD:

Concordia Pakistan-- The Throne Room of Mountain Gods - YouTube

ps: Im pretty sure that you must have seen these vids before, many of them must have been uploaded here too. Also Iv only linked the first parts of all the videos to save the page from over loading. The rest of the parts can be found through the links.

I almost forgot. This little collection of clips deserves a special mention, even though it only covers a grain out of the sand dune that is the Gilgit Baltistan. These clips were shot by a man who traveled some length of the KKH armed only with a simple compact Sony camcorder. He was traveling independently for his own pleasure. When he went back home he decided to compile the clips into a video and gave them a little narration. The shots are amazing specially when considering the simple camera and the amateur cameraman:

The Karakoram Highway - from China to Pakistan - YouTube

OMG no wonder India & Pakistani are fighting over Kashmir!

its not part of kashmir its kaghan valley part of Khyber pakhton khuwa hazara division , but this valley connects with Neelum valley of kashmir by a Noori pass Neelum valley is parallel to this kaghan valley

There aren't many. In "Don't tell my mother Im in Pakistan" the host only goes to the Lower Kachura lake and sits there in the boat. The shots were pretty awful to be honest, bad camera work and little knowledge of the places on the host's part e.g. He says that 4 out of the 5 highest peaks are in Pakistan, but his take on the place was interesting.

Could only find the hindi dubbed version on youtube:

Don't Tell my mother I am in Pakistan Part 5 of 5 - YouTube

Then was this long documentary "The Himalayas". The host starts off from the Khyber Pass, goes through Chitral, Kailash, Shandur, etc. Takes a helicopter ride to Concordia too. It's a decent documentary but the man hardly does justice to the places. It was as if he was only building on a prologue for Nepal and Mount Everest. Then he ruins it by saying that Pakistan and India are fighting over the Baltoro region. There are interesting comments here and there though.

The Himalaya

Then come some awesome ones. One is a documentary on the Lowari pass "Pakistan: Deadliest Journeys". It's pretty good, a must watch.

Deadliest Journeys- Pakistan - Part 1/2 - YouTube

Then one of my absolute favorites "The Birdman of the Karakorum". This is the kind of stuff which demands to be watched in HD. Not only are the shots, by Alun Hughes, breath taking and absolutely brilliant but John Silvester himself is pretty awesome! John is a para-glider who regularly visits the Hunza valley and stays in Karimabad. He's very well known there. There are shots of him flying over Rakaposhi, Ultar Sar, Diran Peak, Spantik, etc. Sadly I've been searching for years and still haven't been able to find the complete documentary. Can't find it in HD on youtube. You'll have to be patient for better quality:

Birdman of the Karakoram 10 mins on Vimeo

But the best shots by far were shown in BBC's Planet Earth series' first season's second episode, The Mountains, narrated by Sir. David Attenborough. In it they showed the Baltoro region, the Markhor and the Snow Leopard. I have the full episode in HD but it's an hour long. I uploaded the Baltoro part on youtube a long time ago. It's not HD and the sound is a bit sketchy. There are other interesting facts about this documentary and I'll share them in a little while. Enjoy this while I upload the whole part on Pakistan in HD:

Concordia Pakistan-- The Throne Room of Mountain Gods - YouTube

ps: Im pretty sure that you must have seen these vids before, many of them must have been uploaded here too. Also Iv only linked the first parts of all the videos to save the page from over loading. The rest of the parts can be found through the links.

awesome share brother :) i have seen the one dnt tell my mom i am in pakistan and loved the part of eagles nest morning scene simply awesome :)

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3016030 said:
3237314726_6537e596e0_b.jpg

Thandiani

3218733034_fea62b1f52_b.jpg

Chillam valley

3421999188_9526207964_b.jpg

nanga parbat

Nanga parbat fairy meadows , astore , rama meadows , chillum and deosai are our next destination of our coming july tour :D

551755_10151824021220495_755270494_26014733_895370012_n.jpg

Rama Meadows , Astore

Photo by: Syed Mehdi Bukhari

@Karah - Thanks dude, I have seen it but forgot the links, thanks for sharing.

This series of dont tell my mom is misleading alot this 5th part host is totally mis leading and showing skardu part of talibans hide outs :angry: i was talking about another series by saira khan let me share her videos this guy is totally talking crap

Back
Top Bottom