What's new

Pakistan in Guinness Book of World Records

Heaviest kidney stone

112703-heaviest-kidney-stone.jpg

Details
Wazir Muhammand s/o Abbass Ali Jagirani (Pakistan) had a kidney stone weighing 620 g (21. 87 oz) removed from his right kidney at the Nephro-Urology Chandka Medical College Hospital, Sindh, Pakistan, on 24 June 2008.

OOOuuuch. Is that guy alright now?

In the feild of cricket, there is only one record that can not be broken, and India has it..........guess which one amigos.....

Are you talking about Anil Kumble's 10 wickets in a single innings record?

Never mind... it has nothing to do with the topic

Here we go with more records that Pakistan made.

Karachi Designer Kurta is the World’s Largest

Deepak-Perwani-World-Largest-Kurta-520x392.jpg

A humongous kurta from famous fashion designer Deepak Perwani in Karachi has been given the certificate of being the world’s largest by Guinness Book of World Records. The kurta, large enough to be worn by a 175-foot tall person, was unveiled at a public ceremony. The kurta was measured last month by professional experts.

Youngest civil judge

Muhammad Ilyas passed the examination enabling him to become a Civil Judge in July 1952 at the age of 20 years 9 months, although formalities such as medicals meant that it was not until eight months later that he started work as a Civil Judge in Lahore, Pakistan.

Pakistan Gets the World’s Largest WiMAX Network
Wateen Telecom and Motorola together rolled out the largest and the first in the world WiMAX 802.16e network nationwide in 22 cities of Pakistan. Motorola’s first commercial WiMAX network went live today in 22 cities in Pakistan, making it the first of its three high-profile nationwide network contracts to launch.

Don't know if this is in the Guiness Book, but we are also the only airforce in the world with fighter manufacturing facilities. Usually, it's third-party companies that supply aircraft to airforces.

We have the world's largest biometric database

We also have the world's largest canal based irrigation system

Answers.com - Where is largest irrigation system of world

We have the world's largest milk processing plant

Pakistan Opens the World’s Largest Milk Processing Plant - PakPositive

World's largest exporter of hand stitched soccer balls (footballs) catering to 70% of global demand

Sports Industry in Pakistan

We have the world's largest earth and rock filled dam (#6 overall amongst all dams)

http://www.digalist.com/item/1089

Also related to the above, Tarbela has the world's largest dam embankment

Up until recently, we were the world's largest exporter of sports gloves. Now we are #2 behind China.

In terms of Cricket, I didn't see mention of Shahid Afridi's fastest ODI century in history

Largest number of tall mountains in the world's top 50 tall peaks

http://www.scaruffi.com/travel/tallest.html

Highest Margin Of Victory - One Day Int.
The largest victory margin is 233 runs by Pakistan against Bangladesh (320 for the loss of three wickets to 87 all out), at Dhaka, Bangladesh, on June 2, 2000.

Bhai the highest margin of victory in an ODI - 290 runs - is held by New Zealand (403) against Ireland (113) held at Aberdeen in 2008.

The Score you mentioned is at the 8 th spot in the top 10.

Records | One-Day Internationals | Team records | Largest margin of victory (by runs) | ESPN Cricinfo

Don't know if this is in the Guiness Book, but we are also the only airforce in the world with fighter manufacturing facilities. Usually, it's third-party companies that supply aircraft to airforces.

We have the world's largest biometric database

We also have the world's largest canal based irrigation system

Answers.com - Where is largest irrigation system of world

We have the world's largest milk processing plant

Pakistan Opens the World’s Largest Milk Processing Plant - PakPositive

World's largest exporter of hand stitched soccer balls (footballs) catering to 70% of global demand

Sports Industry in Pakistan

We have the world's largest earth and rock filled dam (#6 overall amongst all dams)

http://www.digalist.com/item/1089

Also related to the above, Tarbela has the world's largest dam embankment

Up until recently, we were the world's largest exporter of sports gloves. Now we are #2 behind China.

In terms of Cricket, I didn't see mention of Shahid Afridi's fastest ODI century in history

Largest number of tall mountains in the world's top 50 tall peaks

Highest Mountains in the world

many thanks for this valuable post

Some cricket related World records in my mind ATM

Shahid Afridi holds the world record for most number of sixes in ODIs (280 sixes as of today)

Records | One-Day Internationals | Batting records | Most sixes in career | ESPN Cricinfo

Shahid Afridi also holds the world record for most number of sixes in all formats combined (354 sixes)...

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/284025.html

Shahid Afridi also holds a world record for highest strike rate in an innings (SR 305.55)

Records | One-Day Internationals | Batting records | Highest strike rate in an innings | ESPN Cricinfo

Shahid Afridi also holds the World record for highest strike rate in career (if you exclude Mr Nobody from Bermuda who has played mere 26 ODI innings)

Records | One-Day Internationals | Batting records | Highest career strike rate | ESPN Cricinfo

@ those who are saying some stats are outdated

Oh bhai logo I copied the first post from somewhere else and that was valid until 2007.

I know Wasim Akram has 500+ (502 if i am not wrong) wickets in ODI and some other records too are broken now. No need to panic guyz - 97% of the records are still valid

PS: Records are made to be broken

Pakistan holds the record for most tree plantation in 24 hours...

===================

and a Pakistani man holds the World record for tree plantation by an individual in 24 hours

Unfortunately I am unable to find those records from Guiness Book of World records may be because the records are not updated yet.

I think the following month, some Indian losers organized a similar program and broke this record for plantations.

Back
Top Bottom