What's new

Pakistan Hikes defence Allocation to Rs 495 Billion

Ever heard of budget deficit? It is not the first time.

I am sure you do understand what is Pak budget deficit at the moment....How an unmanageable budget deficit can kill economy in no time and all the ill-effects....Pak is in no position to increase the budget deficit....In fact Pak failed to reach the level where it would like to last fiscal as far as reducing this deficit is concerned....More deficit means more borrowing and more problems....

Good. Good.

Economy growing at 2 percent and defence allocation growing at 12 percent.

Stats can mislead dramatically....Look in absolute terms and you will see it is not as bad as it sounds in your post....

I am sure you do understand what is Pak budget deficit at the moment....How an unmanageable budget deficit can kill economy in no time and all the ill-effects....Pak is in no position to increase the budget deficit....In fact Pak failed to reach the level where it would like to last fiscal as far as reducing this deficit is concerned....More deficit means more borrowing and more problems....

You know our major portion of budget deficit is resultant of debt servicing of loans which our govts. Used to borrow for their own needs, but on the terms of lenders. One we tried 'qarz utaro mulk sawaro' idelogy, but i am not aware of discharge of any debt out of funds collected from that scheme. The only measure is to raise tax collection. But our leaders are poor than me as they pay tax 5% of what i am paying right now. Which do not include the indirect tax i am paying with purchase of any coomodity.
Mr nawaz sharif pays 5000, our hafeez sheikh nil, the list is long and shameful.

hold on to your people.

a whopping 45 million is gonna be spend on the residence of gilani the **** and billions on both the corrupt heads respective overseas visits and all that .

Defence Budget is little high for Pakistan as per its Current Economy and GDP growth.

Although, More money should be utilized for Education, Infrastructure development and Internal Securities.

But, I think it was Inevitable to increase budget due to WOT crisis.

Pakistan can grow nicely if 4 things can be solved :- Political Stability with Great Leadership Quality, Decrease/ Destroying Internal threat, Peace with India, Improving and better Economy.

I am not sure of Peace with India is possible soon due to various issues. But if other 3 problem could be solved, It will be Good for Pakistan.

Defence Budget is little high for Pakistan as per its Current Economy and GDP growth.

Although, More money should be utilized for Education, Infrastructure development and Internal Securities.

But, I think it was Inevitable to increase budget due to WOT crisis.

Pakistan can grow nicely if 4 things can be solved :- Political Stability with Great Leadership Quality, Decrease/ Destroying Internal threat, Peace with India, Improving and better Economy.

I am not sure of Peace with India is possible soon due to various issues. But if other 3 problem could be solved, It will be Good for Pakistan.

My sincere feelings are that if India is not our neighbor, our defence budget would be negligible. Same might not be the case with India, as it has to look after China and others besides Pakistan.

The arms race between India and Pakistan ensures that people of both countries remain below the poverty line.

My sincere feelings are that if India is not our neighbor, our defence budget would be negligible. Same might not be the case with India, as it has to look after China and others besides Pakistan.

The arms race between India and Pakistan ensures that people of both countries remain below the poverty line.

dude.. we have poverty not because of defence spending.. this is because of corruption.. we are investing heavily to reduce th poverty

read this

India’s Anti-Poverty Programs Are Big but Troubled

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/19/world/asia/19india.html

It seems a justified move considering the present situation.

i was responding to ur last line

Code:
The arms race between India and Pakistan ensures that people of both countries remain below the poverty line

Okay, so you have got an additional reason ;)

You know our major portion of budget deficit is resultant of debt servicing of loans which our govts. Used to borrow for their own needs, but on the terms of lenders. One we tried 'qarz utaro mulk sawaro' idelogy, but i am not aware of discharge of any debt out of funds collected from that scheme. The only measure is to raise tax collection. But our leaders are poor than me as they pay tax 5% of what i am paying right now. Which do not include the indirect tax i am paying with purchase of any coomodity.
Mr nawaz sharif pays 5000, our hafeez sheikh nil, the list is long and shameful.

Well that is one of the many issues Pak economy is in the shape it is now...Remember debt is not bad thing especially for developing economies....however a stagnant economic growth with debt is suicidal....It brought us on the verge of bankruptcy in 90's...and we don't enjoy powerful friends like US-China-Arab who can bail us out....Unfortunately Pak has failed to take the maximum benefit of this....

Back
Top Bottom