What's new

Pakistan : Head in the sand

And btw, of course bharatis will over analyze this.. it suits their worldview. Just wait for 2014 guys.. you'll be in for a huge shock, when the terrorism you love so much which keeps you going through your days will be gone. It's actually no rocket science, this is happening because of US presence. As soon as that's gone, or reduces substantially, the terrorism will go with it.

Terrorism always existed in Pakistan since 1980's. It was created as a result of Zia's policies and Pakistan's use of non state actors for asymmetric power projection. US's presence just brought the gennie out of the bottle. Now US or no US, its not gonna go back in..

Dude, I am not criticizing the safety record on road traffic in Pakistan. Its an example to show, that though more people die in Road accidents, terrorism gets more sound bytes and govt attention, because as I said, its the mode of death that plays an important role and not just the numbers. The same logic is extrapolated between individual reasons' driven homicides vs ethnic/sectarian/terror related deaths..

this is happening because of US presence. As soon as that's gone, or reduces substantially, the terrorism will go with it.

How? Will the terrorists magicly vanish. Does it mater which side of the porus line that passes for a border they are on, they are still going to be there with their guns and now no Yanks to shoot at. There is the distinct possibility that the ttp will become more active in Pakistan not less once the US goes.

On you other point yes the US has an atrocious murder rate but the problem with pointing the finger at some one else when you have the same problem is its just what the title says head in the sand.

St Louis and Karachi both have made the top 10 worlds most dangerous cities, just because there are places as bad or worse doesnt mean Karachi doesnt need help.

How? Will the terrorists magicly vanish. Does it mater which side of the porus line that passes for a border they are on, they are still going to be there with their guns and now no Yanks to shoot at. There is the distinct possibility that the ttp will become more active in Pakistan not less once the US goes.

On you other point yes the US has an atrocious murder rate but the problem with pointing the finger at some one else when you have the same problem is its just what the title says head in the sand.

St Louis and Karachi both have made the top 10 worlds most dangerous cities, just because there are places as bad or worse doesnt mean Karachi doesnt need help.

I just googled "world's most dangerous cities"... Nowhere there was Karachi...

Terrorism always existed in Pakistan since 1980's. It was created as a result of Zia's policies and Pakistan's use of non state actors for asymmetric power projection. US's presence just brought the gennie out of the bottle. Now US or no US, its not gonna go back in..

:lol:

Ok, make yourself believe what you want to believe. The terrorism which has kept you guys so happy for the last few years will give you a heart attack once it's gone in 2014.

:lol:

Ok, make yourself believe what you want to believe. The terrorism which has kept you guys so happy for the last few years will give you a heart attack once it's gone in 2014.

Chalo.. Ummeed pe duniya kaayam hai.. But my take is that post 2014, there will be a much sharper spike in terrorism in Pakistan and not the other way around..

Chalo.. Ummeed pe duniya kaayam hai.. But my take is that post 2014, there will be a much sharper spike in terrorism in Pakistan and not the other way around..

Tumhara kya hoga Bharti... Chalo ketay hai ke Taliban takes over Pakistan... Parr wo Taliban nuclear weapon bomb kare India toh~`???

The reason why terrorism has gone up is because of anger at US occupation and our perceived notion of supporting US. Once US leaves, groups such as TTP and LI will stop having any supporting and will become extinct. I mean why do you think these terrorists cropped out in the first place? Where were they before 2009?

And what do you mean they will turn to Pakistan with no Yanks to shoot? Haven't they been shooting Pakistan already? The reason why they've been getting any support is because of our support for NATO. Again, as soon as NATO goes away, so will this.

You need to read my post carefully. My problem is some people trying to paint Pakistan as some sort of a hell where the murder rate is astronomically higher than any other place in the world, and all the doom and gloom pictures. This is my problem.

Tumhara kya hoga Bharti... Chalo ketay hai ke Taliban takes over Pakistan... Parr wo Taliban nuclear weapon bomb kare India toh~`???

Before Taliban takes over Pakistan, the Pakistani nuclear weapons will be removed by USA/UNSC..

Anyone acquainted with the ground reality would agree with me.. though if you so want to clutch to your hopes then so be it.

You need to read my post carefully. My problem is some people trying to paint Pakistan as some sort of a hell where the murder rate is astronomically higher than any other place in the world, and all the doom and gloom pictures. This is my problem.

Its You who need to read the thread more carefully.. Its you who brought in the concept of comparing murder rates.. The thread is not about murders, but about issues like terrorism, extremism, sectarian killings etc..

Anyone acquainted with the ground reality would agree with me.. though if you so want to clutch to your hopes then so be it.

Increase terrorism in Pakistan in no way is a part of my (or any Indian i know) hopes. I dont want Pakistan to descend further into the hell of terrorism any deeper than what it is already.. But while hopes are fine, practical logic says otherwise..

Its You who need to read the thread more carefully.. Its you who brought in the concept of comparing murder rates.. The thread is not about murders, but about issues like terrorism, extremism, sectarian killings etc..

Can you give me any logical reason why 40 people killed in terrorism is worse than 40 people killed in shootings? No rhetorical, melodramatic 'arguments' please.

Back
Top Bottom