What's new

Pakistan grants 'holy city' status to Nankana Sahib

^^^^^^You guys are crazy! I'm a sufi and even I don't spend this much time pondering over my beliefs! :cheesy:

I just believe in the humanity that rests in every soul and in what they believe. For me, it is not about faith, caste, creed or nation but the ability to do good in each person.

Icarus, you said it.
Now did you have to go through miracles, or float, levitate, telepathise, worship at a grave, ect (I dunno what that is), Jadoo-phoonk-taweez, jadi-booti and anything else to understand that?

Razzie, going by what you said- you aint seen nuthin' yet. Maybe you're looking at the wrong guys; hanging out at wrong places. For starters; read something by Rumi for instance.
As I said I did not find what I said earlier in Harry Potter.

Icarus, you said it.
Now did you have to go through miracles, or float, levitate, telepathise, worship at a grave, ect (I dunno what that is), Jadoo-phoonk-taweez, jadi-booti and anything else to understand that?

Razzie, going by what you said- you aint seen nuthin' yet. Maybe you're looking at the wrong guys; hanging out at wrong places. For starters; read something by Rumi for instance.
As I said I did not find what I said earlier in Harry Potter.

Many Pakistanis call themselves Sufi, but what is Sufism?

The main principle is Taswwuf. I have already mentioned that. You don't need to teach me about Rumi, as I am very well read already.

Sufism is to Islam what Kabala is to Jewism.

Both are "engineered" schools of thought, and have nothing to do with the original religion.

Both are "engineered" schools of thought, and have nothing to do with the original religion.

Lol, salman bhai you said what I was thinking, but didn't have the heart to say it.

Although a lot of culture in Pakistan is inspired from the Sufi babas.

You do realize that it was the Sufis who converted most of our ancestors to Islam? If they were men of an 'engineered' school of thought, I wonder how they acted as the pioneers in Islamic Missionary efforts......

dude by that logic most of the muslims in subcontinent aren't true muslims

You do realize that it was the Sufis who converted most of our ancestors to Islam? If they were men of an 'engineered' school of thought, I wonder how they acted as the pioneers in Islamic Missionary efforts......

Yes this is 100% correct

This has opened up a can of worms which I think is not really allowed to be discussed on the forum.

Many Pakistanis call themselves Sufi, but what is Sufism?

The main principle is Taswwuf. I have already mentioned that. You don't need to teach me about Rumi, as I am very well read already.

Then you know everything already. I don't need to say anything at all.
Since I'm not very well-read. I'm still trying to understand myself.
What Icarus said, helped along the way, the journey.

But if you need to know more about the meaning or significance of the whirling dance.............

Qudratullah Shahab... The most famous person in Pakistan. a burecrate and a sufi of high order. May Allah bless his soul, His Shahab nama is the greatest book i ever read after Quran Pak

Than come Wasif Ali Wasif.... The man of wisdom and sufi of high stature. Your head will spin after reading his books

Ashfaq Ahmad mashallah what a person he was!

Now a days, Syed Sarfaraz shah, he lives in Allama Iqbal town and is a retired chief executive of some company. He follows naqshbandiya order and is a great buzurg

Point being,,, sufis are not somone who goes in to jungles and forests and live their lives there or they spend all their life on dargas.

The dervish order follows the philosophy of Moulana Rumi and we know the stature of moulana Rumi!

Lol, salman bhai you said what I was thinking, but didn't have the heart to say it.

Although a lot of culture in Pakistan is inspired from the Sufi babas.

I am aware there will be a huge wave of people saying otherwise.

Silly notions people have developed ...

e.g Karachi is safe from storms, Shah Ghazi is residing.

Lahore is basti of data sb etc etc etc ...

Apparently, Ch Shujaat won no favors, when his saint let him be interrogated by intelligence...

Apparently, Shah Ghazi's followers can not explain the lack of peace in Karachi.

Lahore is well ... the musical ( also ______, ______, ... ) center of Paksitan.

There is multan, Kasure, Nowshehra, to follow ... leading to the head quarter i.e Ajmair.

I heard people think, going there makes their movies successful !

Urghhhhh .... NO.

Nothing aginst the person, the SUFI themselves did a great job.

but, PEOPLE after them associated stuff to them; and over a period of time ... that has led to the formation of a totally distorted religion.

Urghhhhh .... NO.

Nothing aginst the person, the SUFI themselves did a great job.

but, PEOPLE after them associated stuff to them; and over a period of time ... that has led to the formation of a totally distorted religion.

That I agree with. Some people have started cultic hero worship and have associated powers to the dead missionaries which is crazy based on the anvil of science and religion.

Back
Top Bottom