Xeric

RETIRED THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan goes beyond nuclear deterrence: Indian army chief_English_Xinhua

Pakistan goes beyond nuclear deterrence: Indian army chief

English_Xinhua 2009-09-02 22:42:35

NEW DELHI, Sept. 2 (Xinhua) -- Indian Army Chief Gen. Deepak Kapoor said on Wednesday that Pakistan was going well beyond deterrence after reports Islamabad had increased its nuclear arsenal and was working to add cruise missiles.

"There were certain degrees of deterrence and the figure of 70 to 90 nuclear warheads directed against a country certainly goes beyond the concept of deterrence," Kapoor said in the western Indian city of Pune.

"It is a matter of concern for us," he added.

Gen. Kapoor was commenting on an article published in the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientist about the enhanced nuclear arsenal of neighboring Pakistan.

"A new nuclear-capable ballistic missile is being readied for deployment, and two nuclear-capable cruise missiles are under development. Two new plutonium production reactors and a second chemical separation facility also are under construction," said the U.S. journal.

Pakistan has previously denied it is adding to its nuclear warheads. Information Minister Qamar Zaman Kaira said in May his country did not need to expand its nuclear arsenal but would maintain a minimum nuclear deterrence that was essential for its defense and stability.

----

Asking for trouble? Or making the trouble to happen?

We have not just threat from India but US too so why shouldn't we beyond nuclear deterrence its a matter of Pakistan's National security the fact he's mad because he can't do anything about it all he can do is bark.I've been hearing this number of 60-90 Nuclear Warheads for atleast 3-4years now its probably like 100+

^^Every day he gets new briefing and every day his opinion changes. its natural.
Funny part is that it is non other than Indian which has started the Nuclear race in the region.

This baby never shuts up for GOD's sake shut the hell up! we have a right to defend our selves against anyone speically this baby which its armed forces & country four time our size i think its only logical that we are doing wat we are doing ! India buying arms up the A$$ is not conrern for anyone do we cry no! so SHUT the hell up!

Last edited:
I think Pakistan has the right to upgrade its nuclear arsenal from a defensive to offensive level and no one in this world can stop it from achieving that status no matter how disturbing is it for any body .

The Indian officials are simply raising up a storm in a tea cup. Their pleas and cries would go unheard because every action has an opposite reaction. They have a fairly reasonable stockpile of nuclear munitions across the border along with delivery systems, and we have our share as well. It's just that they haven't really been able to achieve the standard of Pakistan's nuclear capability in terms of weapons production and delivery methods and for that reason I believe they're having a hard time these days digesting the fact that no matter how many MRCA inductions take place in India, or no matter how many Arihant's are developed, Pakistan will always have a blunt answer to their arms race IF provoked. Call it a mushroom cloud or a conventional operation, our friends across the border understand the gravity of the situation at hand.

Cry me a river Mr Deepak and get busy on that Brahmos.

1. Pakistan has modified harpoons to target India
2. it is increasing its stockpile of nukes and getting offensive.
these two news came out almost at the same time from the US. and Indian military chief has responded on that. one thing is clearly implied India's own intelligence failed to report these developments to these generals.
3. Indian scientist claims Pokhran II was not successful.
this news also coincides with the other two.
Can some one connect these dots.

If India is worried about Pakistan increasing their weapon, then why don't they do the same? Simple, init? :|

Buzdils............................. whats new?? Anyways, how many nukes does Israel have?just curious!

1. Pakistan has modified harpoons to target India
2. it is increasing its stockpile of nukes and getting offensive.
these two news came out almost at the same time from the US. and Indian military chief has responded on that. one thing is clearly implied India's own intelligence failed to report these developments to these generals.
3. Indian scientist claims Pokhran II was not successful.
this news also coincides with the other two.
Can some one connect these dots.

I agree with your observation. I have also notices the same.

At one side India claims Pokhran II not successful just to add reason for another test(s). On the other hand Pakistan is accused of having more than necessary (no one know the necessary quantity) Nukes.

I think they want to test some more nukes yet they want Pakistan to not test any thing.

i personally think our chief of army should not have said that ... let pakistan make as much as bombs they want... it is not our duty to check and count... if he is worried about anything then he should ask govt to increase the stock pile....

Back
Top Bottom