What's new

Pakistan gets 7.5 billion dollar from Pakistani working overseas

The 7.5 Billion is the official figure, if the money transferred through Hundi is taken into account, its much much more.

Well said sir , its 50% , so its 15 Billion what Ex-Pakistani sent back home.

Hundi still in use for over 50pc of money inflows: SBP
Updated at: 1433 PST, Tuesday, December 29, 2009

KARACHI: State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) Governor Salim Raza Tuesday said the overseas Pakistanis are still sending over 50 percent of their money in Pakistan through hundi or hawala system.

He said this while addressing on the occasion of agreement entered between Pakistan Remittances Initiative and Pakistan International Airline (PIA).

Salim Raza said the inflows of foreign remittances sent into the country by overseas Pakistanis may soar to $9.50 billion till June 2010.

The SBP Governor said the foreign investment is likely to go down by $3 billion in the current fiscal year as compared to last year, which would be

Hundi still in use for over 50pc of money inflows: SBP - GEO.tv

besides demographic population also comes into play as well as hundi!

india if it is sending 75 billion back then it has a population of 1 billion out of which it for sure has more indians abroad then pakistan!

so it is not only about blue collar jobs or white collar jobs!

HUNDI & population abroad also are major factors!

I could not help but notice, the announcement by every Pakistani about an "upcoming" revolution. It's like a recorded tape.

"There would be a revolution"
"There is going to be a revolution"
"Brothers! don't worry, a revolution is soon going to happen"

Who is going to bring the revolution?

The same people according to whom Zardari is the root of every problem?

You should come lead the revolution, we will follow you. But dont expect any help when you are getting lathi charged. Lol.

Anyway, I am willing to go back to Pak or work here to help with economic development and I am sure all other Pakistani's are too. If there is good investment or job oppurtunities, I am there.

Also Pakistan has two economies, legal and illegal one. Remember in our worst times the illegal economy keeps us alive. All that piracy, hundi, counterfiet and much ,ore is also our backbone.

Last edited:
Still those white western ppl alwayz put a south asian in a downgraded view coz of racism. .

pakistan ranks number 7 in receiving money from overseas
Well it depends on the Population, Pakistan rank 6th so....Pity Bangladesh ranks 7 in world population and sends more then Pakistan we are suchha bunch of misers :rofl::rofl::rofl:

besides demographic population also comes into play as well as hundi!

india if it is sending 75 billion back then it has a population of 1 billion out of which it for sure has more indians abroad then pakistan!

so it is not only about blue collar jobs or white collar jobs!

HUNDI & population abroad also are major factors!

Just to make clear that lots of Indians also send money through Hawala system ..

it's very nice to see peace between india & pakistan on this board atleast. that's why i like coming to this site, everywhere else there's fighting in between. nice forum and nicer people lol.

What govt. of Pakistan is doing for hardworking Pakistanis overseas in return,
Nothing, no support from govt. embassies are over charging and very poor service, no help in any matter,
FIA and immigiration in own country charging dollars as bribes to aboard them in plane even they posses all legal docs,

Overseas sent remittances of $7.811b during 2008-09: ICCI
By Asad Cheema

ISLAMABAD—Overseas Pakistanis are the backbone of our economy as they are contributing significantly to the economic growth by sending in large amounts of remittances and government is taking all possible measures to resolve their problems on priority. This was said by Ms. Neelam Ali, Federal Secretary, Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis while addressing a seminar on “Migration and Wealth of Nation” which was organized by the Economic Freedom Network Pakistan in collaboration with Friedrich Naumann Foundation (FNF) and Islamabad Chamber of Commerce & Industry (ICCI).
She said government is fully alive to the positive role of overseas Pakistanis and has undertaken many initiatives for their welfare which include providing them better services at airports, setting up suitable schemes in education, health care, housing sectors for them as well as providing them rehabilitation support on their return.
She said community security attaches have been appointed in Pakistani foreign missions to provide necessary support to expatriate Pakistanis so that they could play more effective role in the development of national economy. She asked business community to support government towards building Pakistan as a strong, credible and transparent country on the map of the world.
Mr. Rene Klaff, Regional Director, South Asia, FNF in his address said that more Pakistanis are leaving the country as compared to other nationals coming to Pakistan which shows that Pakistan could not provide better career prospects to majority of its citizens.

Yeah ... F Neelam !
It is an absolute disgust to go back home, and go through Pakistan Customs and Immigration, not to mention the security officers.
I have seen them literally steal packets of dates from poor worker's luggage !
I have been subjected to discrimination because minister's son had to go first ( i made enough noise , not to let that happen )
Every second person is robbed 300 - 700 Rs, by the airport staff for one thing or another ....

Heck, just look at the faces of those custom people .... they are just criminals !

Overseas Pakistanis have 50+ Billion Dollars , just imagine if all of that money comes in as Investment in Industrial sector.

There would be a revolution in Pakistan and i guess all we need is to have a Safer prosper Pakistan which would provide friendly environment to Investors who are investing in their own backyard.
But till mr 10% is in office it is not going to happen as he cannot be trusted.

It is not a matter of trust, We will bring our money back if there is some thing to put it into.
As of now, the only thing we invest in is Property ... but that too is loosing value.

There should be maximum effort to stop politicians stealing this money and putting it back in Europe's banks.
There should be more effort to encourage Pakistani companies to keep their money in Pakistan, not in Dubai or virgin islands.

Just motivating Ex-Pakistans to do better jobs and sent more. :D

You might have considered that there are about 100 times more Indians than Pakistanis.
Consider that, and actually we are doing a better job than others.

Back
Top Bottom