What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Great news guys. I aint telling anything but fuckin-A deal going down.

There is a chance - that another 18 F16 Block 52's could be heading our way, together with a significant number of new MLU kits. PAF absolutely loves the block 52.

There is a chance - that another 18 F16 Block 52's could be heading our way, together with a significant number of new MLU kits. PAF absolutely loves the block 52.

Sir, you are talking about the original 36 Block 52 Viper's order, outa which Pakistan only opted for 18...and the remaining 18 Vipers which we had an option to acquire??

Great news, If and when it materializes; it will successfully checkmate any Rafale induction by the Indians in the immediate future and will put us in a comfortable position till J31 is inducted.

Sir, you are talking about the original 36 Block 52 Viper's order, outa which Pakistan only opted for 18...and the remaining 18 Vipers which we had an option to acquire??

Yes - the original deal was for 36 - which 18 of which we bought. The PAF regards these aircraft very highly.

Two things could be an obstacle - politics and finance, (the finance part not so much, US is offering very good terms) Ishak Daar has reassured all three Forces, that their critical Defense modernization programs will receive plenty of funding.

Airforce
On the cards - including F16's from the US and other sources.
20 Blackhawk helicopters, funded from a new anti-terrorist fund.

Navy
F23 Frigate deal (upgraded F22p from China)
Sub deal

Army
More Arty
MLRS
Longer term aim long range SAM.

What about US Congress sir, can't they create hurdles in that process.??

Already approved by Congress, more MLU kits will need approval - but it thought will not be too much of a problem.

Two things could be an obstacle - politics and finance, (the finance part not so much, US is offering very good terms) Ishak Daar has reassured all three Forces, that their critical Defense modernization programs will receive plenty of funding.

Airforce
On the cards - including F16's from the US and other sources.
20 Blackhawk helicopters, funded from a new anti-terrorist fund.

Navy
F23 Frigate deal (upgraded F22p from China)
Sub deal

Army
More Arty
MLRS
Longer term aim long range SAM.

Already approved by Congress, more MLU kits will need approval - but it thought will not be too much of a problem.
The budget says otherwise, due to strong fiscal gains needed under IMF, the govt simply cannot finance any type of military deals under budget. unless army creates some space by decreasing it funding and man power costs or USA rapidly clears all the coalition support fund(may be). the Chinese deals may be pushed under loans but USA ..., i dont see the new 18 f-16s (i will be stunned if govt can pay 1.5 billion dollars for them..). i mean this year budget saw just a 10% increase barely enough to keep with inflation.

DB-110
10340136_781737541850662_9113140356004619885_n.jpg

wish paf purchase 28 f-16s block-52+ from usa

Sir,
Wrong answer----the a5 could not take off on its single engine----the performance of those 2 engines put together was sort of half that of the single engine JF17-----.
Just comparing this aircraft to the adf's like su30 rafale or F18's, J11's etc is in poor judgement---. So---bsically---PK has no experience in a tru twin engine.

You may be right regarding not operating true twin engine plane but PAF pilots are flying Su-30s extensively in China so they know about twin engine planes well.

I have one question which arise after I read a post by an Indian member on PDF on some thread, in which he said that our new/MLUed F-16s don't have sensor fusion capacity and their upgraded Mirages and other planes will have it. Can please some one put some light on it in details, please.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom