What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

a US senator has said that US should consider military action against pakistan so there r little chances of PAF getting more F-16s.it seems our final number will be 63 F-16s.wat abt the upgrades?in my opinion they will be stopped too.LM will not do the upgrade in a situation like this n turkey will also halt upgrading PAF F-16s.

Sir, what if Pakistan exercises it's option for a follow up batch of Block-52s, albeit a marginal number but should give a life line to LM.

they would have to act quickly but in the current atmosphere it seems difficult.

I think only fighter coming out of LM would be F-35 in coming years. F-22 has been shelved already and F-16's order are not there. I think PAF can get additional F-16 if somehow Pak-US relations can crawl out of the pit. but still the probability is less and receding with every passing day.

A short Interview....
27th Sep_2011

Since 1980, Brill has racked up more than 6,300 hours in the cockpit, making him the most experienced F-16 pilot in the world. He's called the 419th Fighter Wing home for more than 20 years, now serving as chief of safety, giving him keen insight into what's changed and what's stayed the same.

The advances in the weapons we carry have had the biggest impact on how we employ. Things like Night Vision Goggles and Data Link have enhanced our ability to fly in poor weather and at night, but the precision munitions have completely changed how we do business. With dumb bombs, we flew at low altitude or in packages of 20-30 aircraft. Now we fly as two-ships at medium altitude.

How has F-16 pilot training changed as a result?

There is 10 times the amount of pre-mission study and planning. The missions and attack profiles are so complicated that guys will have to do hours of study, where before we only looked at an attack for a couple minutes. We used to fly with one or two pieces of paper that had all our mission data. Now we literally have books of data that we fly with.

You've flown around the world, including seven tours in the desert. How have deployments changed, or stayed the same, in 30 years?

The deployments themselves haven't changed too much over the years. They are longer now, but the facilities and the workload remain similar. The big difference since 9/11 is the type of missions. Prior to Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom, our missions were primarily airspace denial. In Operations Northern and Southern Watch there weren't any U.S. troops on the ground. Our role is critical now in that the guys with boots on the dirt are relying on us (pilots) for their survival. There is a lot of pressure to have your act together knowing Americans are down there depending on you.

Speaking of changes, you've spent more time in the cockpit than any other F-16 pilot. How have you changed?

I think I've learned that change is inevitable. A lot of people dread change; I've seen so much that I almost welcome it.

As we look forward to fifth-generation aircraft, what legacy will the F-16 leave?

The F-16 will be remembered has one of the best fighters ever produced. It will be in the same class as the P-51 Mustang. I was extremely lucky to be able to fly it for so many years. The 419th was on the leading edge the whole time. We had so many firsts it's impossible to credit it all to luck. The great people we have had and the hard work they put in made us one of the premier wings in the world.

Jmoyj.jpg
UXVXH.jpg
mHR30.jpg

leave this state of begging for F-16s. try to make your own internally produced planes for God's sakes.

F-16 is old news. now they have F-35 Lightning II.

leave this state of begging for F-16s. try to make your own internally produced planes for God's sakes.

They - 1st World Nation and The only Super Power
Pakistan - Third World Country near bankruptcy.
Don't try to punch above your weight.

what if i say F-16 is not old and you need to upgrade yourself before post ? we are not discuss here cars we are talking abut fighter jets .lolz

what if i say F-16 is not old and you need to upgrade yourself before post ? we are not discuss here cars we are talking abut fighter jets .lolz

trust me. F16 is fourth gen. F22 and F35 are the 5th gen state of the art stealth capable fighters

trust me. F16 is fourth gen. F22 and F35 are the 5th gen state of the art stealth capable fighters

whats new i know this since last 15 years that f-16 is forth gen and raptor f-35 are fifth gen .so whats the issue ???????

We should try to get blk 52's going back to the stone age is not gona help us at all we are trying to come out of that era.

i think we dont need any more f 16s instead we have to pay attention on jf 17s block 2 and instead of f 16 blk52 we should force on fc 20 which is comparatively cheaper and its maintenance cost is also very reasonable

f16-49-large.jpg

1 of 3 brand new PAF F-16's Block 52+ (serial# 10805) which landed at Lajes on their delivery flight to the Pakistan Air Force on June 22, 2010. [Picture courtesy: Leandro Rocha]

Back
Top Bottom