What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The entire software suite on these F-16s has multiple modes of operation, some of which are absolutely transparent to the end-user, including the pilots, and offers distinct advantages to the US, to be utilized if warranted.

Whether one believes this or not, I will respect your right to disagree, but I do have my reasons for stating this, and I stand by my words.

What kind of advantages?

posted on another blog...

"Air chief Marshall Rao Qamar Suleman has officially announced that PAF has Requested for purchase of another batch of 18 Block 52+ F-16s.

PAF sources confirmed that a reply in this regard is expected a few weeks time, and U.S approval is almost certain citing that this option of another buy was open to the PAF as and when desired.If all goes to plan, we are expected to receive these jets by the end of next year hopefully.(?)

Apart from this PAF is also seriously considering buying two squadrons of Norway F-16AM/BMs, in is plan of operating a fleet of 100 F-16s combined for next 15-20years."

But I dont understand the logic here. We are not replacing the p-3c orions the navy lost due to the deteriorating relationship with the US, yet we are still willing to put our trust and money into a distinctly American product that has proven almost useless the last time we were sanctioned. Those Orions were of far greater importance, relative to the strength of the navy, and the fact that we are unwilling to ask for those shows that things are not going well, then where do these f-16s come from? How capable are we of sustaining our force in case of sanctions?

"Air chief Marshall Rao Qamar Suleman has officially announced that PAF has Requested for purchase of another batch of 18 Block 52+ F-16s.

PAF sources confirmed that a reply in this regard is expected a few weeks time, and U.S approval is almost certain citing that this option of another buy was open to the PAF as and when desired.If all goes to plan, we are expected to receive these jets by the end of next year hopefully.(?)

Apart from this PAF is also seriously considering buying two squadrons of Norway F-16AM/BMs, in is plan of operating a fleet of 100 F-16s combined for next 15-20years."

Those are gonna be F-16Cs and will be equipped with CFTs as per order.

No Norwegian has come to verify this, many of them on forums related to the f-16 vehemently deny any possibility of such a sale.

Any trustworthy source for this? I mean it was posted on blog it can very well just be a rumor. And Where ACM officialy announced it? there is no such news in media

Any trustworthy source for this? I mean it was posted on blog it can very well just be a rumor. And Where ACM officialy announced it? there is no such news in media
You can take me as a source.
I have inside men to tell it to me, and yes, it is true.

14960910150320099370475.jpg

I had already said this before many times that PAF will go for the 18 option for blk 52 & here it is i had also stated that PAF will try to get used mlu vipers .Paf has always wanted to maintian a force of 100 + vipers lets see what the US says.

Sukhois at Srinagar???,,,,seems a bit awkward>

Hi,

That was about 3--4 years ago i believe-----and we discussed this deployment quite a bit on this forum here. A flight of strike planes can take off from kamra and be over that base even before the engine in the su30 spools up to have enough power to start taxiing towards the runway to take off----.

Hi,

That was about 3--4 years ago i believe-----and we discussed this deployment quite a bit on this forum here. A flight of strike planes can take off from kamra and be over that base even before the engine in the su30 spools up to have enough power to start taxiing towards the runway to take off----.

Khan sahab, too much wishful thinking..

Can't understand why there is always underestimation about IAF thinking..

But so far assessment of capability is concerned, I would like IAF to consider Pak A-Darter is equal to Derby, SD-10 as R-77 and JFT as a mini F-16. Under estimation is always dangerous......

Hi,

But isnt srinagar considered disputed?,,,,,what is the current status of the air base?

Back
Top Bottom