What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

As much as I love the f-16, any and all dollars spent on its procurement have been a waste...the sad reality that they were utterly useless after the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan ended has made for a very expensive show piece. I do hope we learn our lesson, but the problem with having leaders who are more interested in protecting their position of power is that they do what those protecting them tell them to do...so I wouldnt be surprised if we see more f-16s in the future or the f-35 down the road when it has taken a place similar to the f-16 on the tech tree...unless our nation wakes up and chooses better leadership ofcourse.

As much as I love the f-16, any and all dollars spent on its procurement have been a waste...the sad reality that they were utterly useless after the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan ended has made for a very expensive show piece. I do hope we learn our lesson, but the problem with having leaders who are more interested in protecting their position of power is that they do what those protecting them tell them to do...so I wouldnt be surprised if we see more f-16s in the future or the f-35 down the road when it has taken a place similar to the f-16 on the tech tree...unless our nation wakes up and chooses better leadership ofcourse.

DO U HAVE ANY IDEA HOW EXTENSIVELY WE HAVE USED F-16S IN OP IN SWAT AND FATA?I HAVE BEEN THERE AND SAW THE FALCONS BOMBING THE TALIBAN HIDEOUTS THUS PAVING THE WAY FOR THE GROUND FORCES TO ADVANCE.F-16S USUALLY USED GEN PURPOSE BOMBS WITH AMAZING ACCURACY EVEN DURING THE ANTI AIR CRAFT GUN FIRE BY THE TALIBAN.
SECONDLY WEAPONS R NOT ALWAYS PROCURED TI BE USED .THEY ALWAYS HAVE SOME DETERRENT VALUE.WE HAVE NUKES .HAVE WE EVER USED THEM?BUT THE ENEMY HAS TO THINK MANY TIMES WHILE PLANNING AN ATTACK AGAINST A NUCLEAR CAPABLE COUNTRY WITH EFFICIENT PLATFORMS FOR THEIR DELIVERY

DO U HAVE ANY IDEA HOW EXTENSIVELY WE HAVE USED F-16S IN OP IN SWAT AND FATA?I HAVE BEEN THERE AND SAW THE FALCONS BOMBING THE TALIBAN HIDEOUTS THUS PAVING THE WAY FOR THE GROUND FORCES TO ADVANCE.F-16S USUALLY USED GEN PURPOSE BOMBS WITH AMAZING ACCURACY EVEN DURING THE ANTI AIR CRAFT GUN FIRE BY THE TALIBAN.
SECONDLY WEAPONS R NOT ALWAYS PROCURED TI BE USED .THEY ALWAYS HAVE SOME DETERRENT VALUE.WE HAVE NUKES .HAVE WE EVER USED THEM?BUT THE ENEMY HAS TO THINK MANY TIMES WHILE PLANNING AN ATTACK AGAINST A NUCLEAR CAPABLE COUNTRY WITH EFFICIENT PLATFORMS FOR THEIR DELIVERY

We never bought the f-16s for the Western border, even though we can essentially only use them effectively on that side, but it was meant to counter the Indian threat. The old mirages can adequately bomb terrorist locations...what we need is a counter to the Indians and on that side the f-16s were useless in the 90s due to the sanctions and now with relations going south once again, Im not sure what we plan to do. Considering the Americans abandoned us when the Vietnam War started and again, when the Soviet invasion ended, we should see this coming no? They are effective in SWAT and Fata as you say so Ill concede they are very useful, but dont you feel the kind of money we spent on these aircraft is too high a price to pay? Just for bombing runs on a hopelessly outclassed enemy, in the conventional sense, since the terrorist lack an airwing.

The PAF was offered the F-5E.. to be followed by the F-5G(F-20)..
PAF was not offered F-4... but was offered A-7's prior to our nuclear ambitions.

Was not the first non-nato country to acquire the F-16.. that was Israel.

PAF was even offered the A-10 Warthog....a formidable aircraft by all means, a battle-proven one --but one with a very limited role and not even designated for air-to-air combat

Pakistan+air+forcee+F-16+c+d+block+52%252B++CFT+%2528Conformal+fuel+tanks%2529+Aim-120+amraam+c5+%25281%2529.jpg

Pakistan+air+forcee+F-16+c+d+block+52%252B++CFT+%2528Conformal+fuel+tanks%2529+Aim-120+amraam+c5+%25282%2529.jpg

Pakistan+air+forcee+F-16+c+d+block+52%252B++CFT+%2528Conformal+fuel+tanks%2529+Aim-120+amraam+c5+%25283%2529.jpg

We never bought the f-16s for the Western border, even though we can essentially only use them effectively on that side, but it was meant to counter the Indian threat. The old mirages can adequately bomb terrorist locations...what we need is a counter to the Indians and on that side the f-16s were useless in the 90s due to the sanctions and now with relations going south once again, Im not sure what we plan to do. Considering the Americans abandoned us when the Vietnam War started and again, when the Soviet invasion ended, we should see this coming no? They are effective in SWAT and Fata as you say so Ill concede they are very useful, but dont you feel the kind of money we spent on these aircraft is too high a price to pay? Just for bombing runs on a hopelessly outclassed enemy, in the conventional sense, since the terrorist lack an airwing.

WE USED F-16S TO DEFEND OUR AIR SPACE DURING 2002 N 2008 STAND OFF B/W INDIA N PAK.MIRAGES CAN BOMB THE TALIBANS BUT F-16S CAN CARRY LARGER PAYLOAD.WE HAVE TO USE 4 MIRAGES INSTEAD OF 2 F-16S TO CARRY OUT A BOMBING MISSION AGAINST THE TALIBANS.US IS NOT TRUST WORTHY AND WE SHOULD REDUCE OUR DEPENDENCE ON US EQUIPMENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,I AGREE WITH U.PROBABLY THATS Y WE REDUCE THE NO OF F-16S FROM 70 TO 18 IN 2005 N WENT FOR J 10S

THERE IS NO AMRAAM IN THESE PICS.THEY R CARRYING AIM 9M SIDEWINDERS I THINK.NO SNIPER PODS AS WELL.
IN THE F-16 ROLL OUT CEREMONY F-16S WERE CARRYING AMRAAMS,SNIPER PODS N AGM 65 MAVERICK

THERE IS NO AMRAAM IN THESE PICS.THEY R CARRYING AIM 9M SIDEWINDERS I THINK.NO SNIPER PODS AS WELL.
IN THE F-16 ROLL OUT CEREMONY F-16S WERE CARRYING AMRAAMS,SNIPER PODS N AGM 65 MAVERICK
can u send link or of photo or video ?? carrying all these above specified weapons

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom