What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

@ MZUBAIR

Buddy if they dont ask about money what else will they post

Most of the post are.

How will you afford it.?

Why do you need it?

you are failed state. Better work on economy.

Where will you get the money from.

You can only buy chinese junk.

Are these freebies?

And loop starts again

How will you afford it?

yes, surely you can buy. 5 bn dollars over 10 yeras, like 500mn dollars per year. yup that much you can surely afford
Keep in mind...even though Pakistan WILL have trouble affording new-equipment, it does have the option of picking up on EDA. For example, through the EDA program, the PAF can acquire used F-16C/D airframes free of cost...and just end up paying for necessary upgrades. I believe the CCIP that would bring older C/Ds to Block-52+ standards (in terms of radar, avionics, ECM/EW, etc) would cost $20-25mn per fighter. That is well within Pakistan's budget and can allow it to build a formidable force-multiplier fleet through the F-16s.

Keep in mind...even though Pakistan WILL have trouble affording new-equipment, it does have the option of picking up on EDA. For example, through the EDA program, the PAF can acquire used F-16C/D airframes free of cost...and just end up paying for necessary upgrades. I believe the CCIP that would bring older C/Ds to Block-52+ standards (in terms of radar, avionics, ECM/EW, etc) would cost $20-25mn per fighter. That is well within Pakistan's budget and can allow it to build a formidable force-multiplier fleet through the F-16s.
sir, they can surely buy what you have mentioned, but the quantity would be less as far as i think. the aids and loans, you cannot divert in purchasing weapons.

sir, they can surely buy what you have mentioned, but the quantity would be less as far as i think. the aids and loans, you cannot divert in purchasing weapons.
The EDA program is specific to Major non-NATO Allies (MNNA) and allows them to acquire excess equipment irrespective of aid programs. The actual equipment through EDA - whether F-16s, helicopters, ships, etc, - come for free to MNNAs. In other words, it has nothing to do with the War on Terror aid....it's literally hardware that can be transfered free of charge, just like the recent Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate PN got...

New Night Eyes Over Pakistan
July 1, 2010: Pakistan recently received three F-16 Block 52 fighters. These are all-weather aircraft, that are particularly effective at night. These are the first all-weather fighters the Pakistani Air Force has received. Another 15 or these aircraft will be delivered by the end of the year. Pakistan has operated 40 F-16 since the 1990s, but was barred from buying any more after Pakistan revealed that it had nuclear weapons in 1989. That embargo was lifted in 2005 and another 14 F-16s were delivered by 2008.

Pakistan is paying a Turkish firm to upgrade its older F-16s from Block 15 configuration to Block 40 (about halfway to the highest upgrade level for an F-16). Now that the U.S. has lifted its arms embargo on Pakistan, there are many firms competing for all the work needed to update older American weapons still used by Pakistan. The Turks have long had good trade relations with Pakistan, and have also developed, with the help of the U.S. and Israel, a growing aircraft maintenance and upgrade industry. Most of the F-16 work will be done in Pakistan, using Turkish engineers and technicians supervising some local workers, and using largely imported (from Turkey and elsewhere) components. Turkey has long maintained one the largest F-16 fleets outside of the United States.

The F-16 is the most numerous post-Cold War jet fighter, with over 4,200 built, and still in production. During The Cold War, Russia built over 10,000 MiG-21s, and the U.S over 5,000 F-4s, but since then warplane production has plummeted about 90 percent. But since the end of the Cold War, the F-16 has been popular enough to keep the production lines going.

The U.S. F-16 is one of the most modified jet fighters in service. While most are still called the F-16C, there are actually six major mods, identified by block number (32, 40, 42, 50, 52, 60), plus the Israeli F-16I, which is a major modification of the Block 52. Another special version (the Block 60), for the UAE (United Arab Emirates) is called the F-16E. The F-16D is a two seat trainer version of F-16Cs. The various block mods included a large variety of new components (five engines, four sets of avionics, five generations of electronic warfare gear, five radars and many other mechanical, software, cockpit and electrical mods.)

The F-16 can also function as a bomber and ground attack aircraft, although not as effectively as the air force folks would have you believe. It can carry four tons of bombs. In air-to-air combat, it has shot down 69 aircraft so far, without losing anything to enemy warplanes. It was originally designed as a cheaper alternative to the heavier F-15.

The two most advanced versions of the F-16 are in use by foreign air forces. The UAE has 80 "Desert Falcons" (the F-16E) which is optimized for air combat. It is a 22 ton aircraft based on the Block 52 model, but with an AESA (phased array) radar and lots of other additional goodies.

The Israeli F-16I is optimized for bombing. It's a 24 ton, two seat aircraft, and is probably the most capable F-16 model in service. It's basically a modified version of the Block 52, equipped with a more advanced radar (the APG-68X) and the ability to carry Israeli weapons like the Python 4 air-to-air missile and the Popeye 2 air-to-surface missile.
Costing $45 million each, the F-16I has an excellent navigation system, which allows it to fly on the deck (a few hundred feet from the ground), without working the pilot to death. The aircraft can do this at night or in any weather. The F-16I can carry enough fuel to hit targets 1,600 kilometers away (meaning Iran is within range). The aircraft uses the latest short and long range air-to-air missiles, as well as smart bombs. Electronic countermeasures are carried, as is a powerful computer system, which records the details of each sortie in great detail. This is a big help for training. The F-16I is basically optimized to deliver smart bombs anywhere, despite dense air defense

For the last two years, Pakistani F-16s have been heavily used in the tribal territories, along the Afghan border, dropping smart and dumb bombs, and giving the pilots experience using targeting pods. This is the first combat experience the Pakistani F-16s have received.
Warplanes: New Night Eyes Over Pakistan

This is misleading as the current ACM has already said that all BLK 15 models will become BLK 50/52.

The article mentions it as only BLK 40.

The parts, radars, avionics for BLK 50 MLUs have already been purchased.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

The EDA program is specific to Major non-NATO Allies (MNNA) and allows them to acquire excess equipment irrespective of aid programs. The actual equipment through EDA - whether F-16s, helicopters, ships, etc, - come for free to MNNAs. In other words, it has nothing to do with the War on Terror aid....it's literally hardware that can be transfered free of charge, just like the recent Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate PN got...

Well, Pakistan is paying 78Million per ship, so is that the cost of upgrade only?

yes, surely you can buy. 5 bn dollars over 10 yeras, like 500mn dollars per year. yup that much you can surely afford

Even u dont hav 500mn dollars per year defence deals with USA.
So y ur in superiority complex......I feel ur feeling spice :chilli: n burning :flame:

U hav just 40+ Western Jets (Mirage), all other r Russians... :tdown:
We have more then 200 westerns in the from of F-16. Mirage...ROSE upgradations n other sophisticated western weapons :tup:

30 - 40 more F-16sBlock 52 r coming.....equal to the number of western AC's u have in ur fleet :D

Last edited:
Well, Pakistan is paying 78Million per ship, so is that the cost of upgrade only?
My understanding is that the OHP is being refurbished and its ASW capabilities restored/upgraded. The actual hull was free to Pakistan, but added things such as refurbishment & upgrades would cost it money. However, it still wouldn't be as much as new-built systems and would be as capable as most contemporaries.

After this MLU, how much additional hours these birds get. will it last for another two dacades. Or does PAF has plans to retire them in a dacade

Even u dont hav 500mn dollars per year defence deals with USA.
So y ur in superiority complex......I feel ur feeling spice :chilli: n burning :flame:

U hav just 40+ Western Jets (Mirage), all other r Russians... :tdown:
We have more then 200 westerns in the from of F-16. Mirage...ROSE upgradations n other sophisticated western weapons :tup:

30 - 40 more F-16sBlock 52 r coming.....equal to the number of western AC's u have in ur fleet :D

Wow, what a great comparison, All western 60s or 70s Mirage, F-16western jets are better and Mig-29 and Su-30Mki sort of jets are :tdown: ??? Keep going buddy, you are acting like a entertainer here.:yahoo::yahoo:

Wow, what a great comparison, All western 60s or 70s Mirage, F-16western jets are better and Mig-29 and Su-30Mki sort of jets are :tdown: ??? Keep going buddy, you are acting like a entertainer here.:yahoo::yahoo:

People acting like a bunch of kids at a school yard..
My daddy's got a rolex..
Mine's got an Omega.. and it doesn't even need batteries.. :cheesy:

Both fleets are currently in the process of up-gradation, India still operates a large fleet of Mig-27's and Mig-21's.. but that is about to change in the next ten years.
And while Pakistan's mirage fleet isnt new, its avionics are fairly on par with new build late 90's and early 21st century aircraft.
So while they aren't going to be showboating with pirouettes and "ballet" moves in the sky, they are quite capable of taking out a well defended target from a standoff distance or engage in BVR combat.

and considering these capabilities were acquired at 1/10th of the billion dollar deal a new jet fleet is.. its a bargain.
Now.. the western systems are needed because of their more mature striking ability compared to the Chinese systems.
At the same time the systems being acquired (F-16's) are those which the PAF is very familiar with and knows how to operate very well.
MLU's add another 20 to 30 years of life depending on usage and other factors. Most Pakistani embargo jets were the last A models off the line and fairly new... and so have a lot of time left in them.
The F-16's that will be in service at that time will be fairly potent platforms.. and contrary to the feeble concept that most carry that they will be dueling with Sukhoi's or Migs.. their task will be to complete their missions which will probably involve interdiction and strike sorties.. which will mean punching through the Indian Air Defense Ground Environment .. something that their gadgetry will assist considerably in.
On the other hand the Sukhoi's should not all be expected to be roaming around the skies freely like rajnikanth. their mission will be to use their massive ordnance capacity and survivability to punch through Pakistani defense and create routes for strike aircraft to follow through.. stick around to ensure the job is done.. and then make sure the friendlies make it back and GET BACK itself.
Now that Ive laid out the uses of the respective scrotum.. lets not go into another vs vs.

10801-f16d-pakistan-101609-6.jpg

10801-f16d-pakistan-101609-7.jpg

10801-f16d-pakistan-101609-4.jpg

Part of the aid does come as Military aid.

Kerry Lugar bill is other than that.

Back
Top Bottom