What's new

Pakistan economy grows beyond targets

5% economic growth is not bad, especially since Pakistan is in the middle of a war.

But it should be higher too. :china::pakistan:

Another Problem.

The industries sometimes face power shortage and because of that, they are unable to work full time. I hope in the next few years that gets solved.

Good job. We should get more people in tax net. InshAllah it will be ok.

Is the general sentiment that the economy is doing better since Nawaz Sharif took over?

I dont see if economy is doing any better neither in Industrial nor in services sector as the article claimed, no facts are given to back the claim. just a vague report.

but we need such positive reports to so to build investor's confidence, this is what such news are all about, otherwise in reality any stability is due to the massive loans new govt has taken from IMF/WB etc.

For 5 Years we had people who were just busy in looting, Current govt. at-least trying to do something. If they can take effective measures to improve security situation and over come energy crisis than 7-8% growth rate is not difficult.

Economy is growing only due to population growth.

Pakistan needs to implement an effective tax system and use the revenues to fix invest in its disastarous infrastructure so that chronic power outages are fixed.

But I highly doubt that will ever happen.

I dont see if economy is doing any better neither in Industrial nor in services sector as the article claimed, no facts are given to back the claim. just a vague report.
You can't see anything......except "Sir Imran" immensily popular around the world, immensily popular in the barbars of lahore, immensily popular in Talibans and whatelse?

but we need such positive reports to so to build investor's confidence, this is what such news are all about, otherwise in reality any stability is due to the massive loans new govt has taken from IMF/WB etc.
They are investors, not idiots.

that's good news, pak-iran gas pipeline and opening of gawader port can give boost to our economy ..and other big projects are in pipeline . I hope Govt will do 25% of what they promised

And you are in a habit of rubbing your Butt against other's dicks when you are not invited....Talk Logic or shooo outta here...
1456042_406373706174009_1699097205_n.jpg

I hope this year we will Achieve 5.5% AOA against the target of 4.4% set by govt.

But even if we achieve 5%.Clocking 6% next year won't be a problem.

Pakistan has the potential to reach 8% by 2017-18

i wonder why is any good news in pakistan never believed?? large scale manufacturing (LSM) picked up and that is the reason why overall growth has picked up as well. increase in LSM growth has been because of better energy supplied due to the clearing of the circular debt by the government. If energy crisis could be handled, that alone will give us atleast a 100 basis points increase in GDP growth.
Nothing hard to believe here. and congrats!

pakistan has the habit of cooking numbers...

LOL rich coming from you when Congress is lowering numbers in order to show more growth since elections are coming up but still fail to hide the slowing of Indian economy. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom