What's new

Pakistan Doesn't Need Lectures: Zardari

We can't build a strong political system with governments not completing their terms, so I hope we have no midterm elections.

We need to allow this government to complete its full term, and Pakistanis can then make the decision on who will serve them best for the next five years.

I've come to believe that its best to take this decision out of the Pakistanis hands. Not because the populace is not capable of an informed choice, but simply because the choices available are just not up to the mark.

I think another round of benign dictatorship, with the cunning of Husni Mubarak and the vision of Mahatir Muhammad can be our only way out of this.

We need someone who can stick around for at least 10 years, and not make the mistake that Musharraf did. The mistake of trying to accomodate and appease political interests.

I've come to believe that its best to take this decision out of the Pakistanis hands. Not because the populace is not capable of an informed choice, but simply because the choices available are just not up to the mark.

I think another round of benign dictatorship, with the cunning of Husni Mubarak and the vision of Mahatir Muhammad can be our only way out of this.

We need someone who can stick around for at least 10 years, and not make the mistake that Musharraf did. The mistake of trying to accomodate and appease political interests.

Who will decide who the dictator will be?

Giving so much power to one man is extremely dangerous. Right now Nawaz Sharif has his hands around Zardari's neck, one mistake and the government falls.

Secondly, the idea of wanting to be re-elected in the next elections too keeps one on track. If there is no need for pleasing the public, then one wouldn't even care what the public wants. He would do whatever the hell pleases him, and after the 10 year period is over he strike a 'deal' with the incoming government like Musharraf and leave politics forever. As being elected through a democratic process is no where as easy.

While democracy might not be a perfect way of closing rulers, it is most certainly better then dictatorship.

i watched now the interview of pm gilani to cnn,very disappointed,the cnn bìtch was talking to him like he was 'lallu panju'.

i watched now the interview of pm gilani to cnn,very disappointed,the cnn bìtch was talking to him like he was 'lallu panju'.

WHERE? I want to see! Is it available on Youtube? I missed it. Please post a link for the video if you have one. Thank you!

right on the spot, we need another round(s) of benign dictatorship to steer this country out of the mess. although I disagree with your idea of the populace being capable of an informed choice. I have my reasons for that, and I think history is my witness.

However, I don't think Musharraf should come into power again. He had one major weakness, he actually cared about public sentiment to certain degree. This weakness led to him taking off his uniform, and eventually "giving in" to american demands of restoring democracy. Although there are a lot of good things about Musharraf, he also made many mistakes that cost him and the country, for example, he unleashed the "free media" which has basically tried to determine national policy, and is another means for politicians to gather votes. Giving NATO supply lines for a measly transit fee of $10 billion dollars was incredibly stupid. Pakistan should be receiving $75 billion or more on its end, considering the vast amounts of money they spent on Iraq. He failed to kill of waderas and jagirdars and promote land reform to empower the villagers. I could go on about how he should eliminate the constitution and instead bring about a presidential system.

Pakistan needs a dictator who has the positive visionary qualities of Musharraf, but someone who is like Zardari, someone who can ignore opposition until it dies down. Musharraf was way too soft, he can hardly be called a dictator. If want to see dictatorship in its purest form, or even tyranny, you can go to Zimbabwe. Robert Mugabe lives rich while his people are suffering from about three hundred million percent inflation :cheesy: and dying from cholera. forget about democracy, he doesn't give a damn about his own people. instead he goes on to say, "Zimbabwe is mine".

we need a Mahatir Muhammad, but stronger. All Pakistan needs is some strong leader who has the will and determination to make it a global power. If we can get at least that much, I strongly believe it won't even take more than five years for Pakistan to become another imperial Japan.

right on the spot, we need ............to become another imperial Japan.
WHAT PAKISTAN HAS ACHIEVED UNDER THE PATHETIC MILITARY DICTATORS IN MORE THAN 35 YEARS OF THEIR DIRECT AND LONGER THAN THAT INDIRECT RULE. FOR GODS' SAKE, THINK BEFORE BOTHER TO PUT YOUR OPINION INTO WRITING. YOU SEEMS TO BE A FERVENT SUPPORTER OF MUSHRRAF, COME UP WITH THE FACTS AND FIGURES, AND I'LL COME UP WITH WHAT I KNOW. LETS SEE WHAT PAKISTAN HAS ACHIEVED (IF ANY) UNDER HIS FATEFUL DICTATORSHIP.

CARING ABOUT THE PEOPLES' SENTIMENT YOU CALL A WEAKNESS? DO YOU KNOW HOW THE FIRST 4 CALIPHS RULED THEIR PEOPLE? THEY SERVED THEM. HOW YOU SERVE YOUR SUBJECTS IF YOU DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR SENTIMENTS AND WELFARE?

LEARN TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN OBJECTIVE AND SUBJECTIVE. IF YOU ARE ADVOCATING FOR SOMETHING, SHOW EVIDENCE SO AN ILLITERATE LIKE ME CAN BE CONVINCED.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT QUID E AZAM AND HIS DISCIPLES HAD PLANNED FOR THE COUNTRY YOU CALL PAKISTAN?

WHY YOU NEED MAHATIR?, WHY NOT BUSH JUNIOR ? HE CERTAINLY CAN DELIVER MORE OF WHAT YOU ARE ASKING. WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT MAHATIR ? (BTW I LIVED IN MALAYSIA BETWEEN 2001-2005)

Last edited:
@asaad-ul-islam

You seem to be the kind of person who is itching to live in a country ruled by Hitler or the like.

"Assistance to Pakistan is not charity; rather, the creation of a politically stable and economically viable Pakistan is in the long-term, strategic interest of the United States," he said.

Zardari said the Obama administration should immediately encourage Congress to pass the Enhanced Partnership with Pakistan Act.

The multi-year, USD 1.5 billion annual commitment to social progress here would signal to the people of Pakistan that this is no longer a relationship of political convenience but, rather, of shared values and goals, he said.

I believe the good will jesture speach is about the 1.5 billion annual commitment and nothing else. Especially the part that he mentions that the money should be considered as not a Charity. That is a bad political move at this point in American politics, because the american people do consider as such. All through out the campaigning trail the aid that was given to Pakistan was one of the major questioned asked. Like I have said previously, the non-military aid is a motivational money so Pakistan can keep fighting the terrorist war, and keep the American people at bay, that military aid cancelled.

Last edited:
WHAT PAKISTAN HAS ACHIEVED UNDER THE PATHETIC MILITARY DICTATORS IN MORE THAN 35 YEARS OF THEIR DIRECT AND LONGER THAN THAT INDIRECT RULE. FOR GODS' SAKE, THINK BEFORE BOTHER TO PUT YOUR OPINION INTO WRITING. YOU SEEMS TO BE A FERVENT SUPPORTER OF MUSHRRAF, COME UP WITH THE FACTS AND FIGURES, AND I'LL COME UP WITH WHAT I KNOW. LETS SEE WHAT PAKISTAN HAS ACHIEVED (IF ANY) UNDER HIS FATEFUL DICTATORSHIP.

CARING ABOUT THE PEOPLES' SENTIMENT YOU CALL A WEAKNESS? DO YOU KNOW HOW THE FIRST 4 CALIPHS RULED THEIR PEOPLE? THEY SERVED THEM. HOW YOU SERVE YOUR SUBJECTS IF YOU DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR SENTIMENTS AND WELFARE?

LEARN TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN OBJECTIVE AND SUBJECTIVE. IF YOU ARE ADVOCATING FOR SOMETHING, SHOW EVIDENCE SO AN ILLITERATE LIKE ME CAN BE CONVINCED.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT QUID E AZAM AND HIS DISCIPLES HAD PLANNED FOR THE COUNTRY YOU CALL PAKISTAN?

WHY YOU NEED MAHATIR?, WHY NOT BUSH JUNIOR ? HE CERTAINLY CAN DELIVER MORE OF WHAT YOU ARE ASKING. WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT MAHATIR ? (BTW I LIVED IN MALAYSIA BETWEEN 2001-2005)
did you actually take the time to read my post or did you just blurt out whatever came to your mind after seeing the first few lines? Pakistan has been more prosperous under military dictators than it has been under democratic civilian rule. get this through your head, engrave it on rocks, and repeat this ten times if you have to. tell me, exactly where in my post do I claim that Musharraf should rule Pakistan again? What makes me a musharraf supporter-not that I would be ashamed of being-other than the fact that I openly admit his rule was more prosperous than civilian rule?

You made a serious mistake in bringing up the khulafa of Islam. The Khulafa of Islam, especially the initial four, were all military generals. They led or at least planned military expeditions of their own. the politicians you suck up to and love so much have painted this picture of islam coupled with democracy, when in reality a true form of islamic governance would be more of a one man rule, maybe not complete, but still very much authoritarian.

more importantly, don't even try to talk about logic, facts and figures. it's quite obvious you have no idea what you're talking about and your biggest mistake on this forum would be to lock horns with me. there are facts, figures, statistics all over the web that prove Musharraf's govt. was probably the "best of the worst", as so many independent journalists put it. How about you trying to prove a civilian govt. to have a better economy and military, the two most important strengths of any nation which are absolutely crucial to its survival. Please provide statistics, facts, and figures to support your claims.

I'm also going to tell you this once, please stop writing in upper case letters and red color. your posts are annoying to read and are an eyesore.

cheers.

@asaad-ul-islam

You seem to be the kind of person who is itching to live in a country ruled by Hitler or the like.
I don't like replying to one liners, but here goes. You seem to be the kind of person who is itching to live in a country ruled by Asif Zardari.

Back
Top Bottom