What's new

Pakistan court sentences Briton to death for blasphemy

it is ironical that the very law or religion they cite for blasphemy- is one that had it's prophet and a famed fable about him showing concern for the health of a person, who used to chuck garbage at him. If he was so tolerant then how do your countries justify such laws?

@Developereo @FaujHistorian @Oscar like your thoughts. I don't get how this law is even legal per my example above.

Many countries, including western countries, have laws against racial and religious vilification. These laws are seen as a necessary compromise between absolute freedom of speech on the one hand, and maintaining communal harmony on the other.

The problem in Pakistan is that the scope and application of this law has gone off the deep end.

These laws were made during the Zia regime. Problem with Pakistan is that, it is not well connected with the Arab world due to lack of Arabic language. In most cases Arab world has very clear answers to these sorts of situations. Arab countries are good in Islamic laws reason is they are using it for centuries.
I think all the Islamic scholars who are appointed in some prestigious position, one of their qualification should be they must be graduated from some leading Arab university. So that they could know what is Islamic laws use by those countries.
We need to revise a lot of Islamic laws. A lot of those laws are due to lack of knowledge.

obviously this guy is delusional, court could have ordered a medical review before giving the death sentence.

It did. Please read the news

it is not the court. it is the blasted blasphemy law to blame

These laws were made during the Zia regime. Problem with Pakistan is that, it is not well connected with the Arab world due to lack of Arabic language. In most cases Arab world has very clear answers to these sorts of situations. Arab countries are good in Islamic laws reason is they are using it for centuries.
I think all the Islamic scholars who are appointed in some prestigious position, one of their qualification should be they must be graduated from some leading Arab university. So that they could know what is Islamic laws use by those countries.
We need to revise a lot of Islamic laws. A lot of those laws are due to lack of knowledge.

When it comes to religion, Arab world is the most forked up place. you must not be reading newspaper for the last decade or more.

In fact such paaathetic laws are inspried by Arrabs Mullahs and Iranians Ayatullahs

Many countries, including western countries, have laws against racial and religious vilification. These laws are seen as a necessary compromise between absolute freedom of speech on the one hand, and maintaining communal harmony on the other.

The problem in Pakistan is that the scope and application of this law has gone off the deep end.

Before we all go ape about laws in the West,

The day Islamists can show even 1/100 of the religious and cultural freedoms of America,

they can talk about punishments too.

This is the most paaaaaathetic argument I have heard about Islamism.

Yeah.

American is sure a role model for all the $hitty and barbaric laws. NOT!

Not this blasphemy again. With science, we need to do some research on religion too.

Religion and science are two mutually exclusive things.

But that's a separate thread and entirely different discussion.

The Arab world is very much divided. We see a lot many things in that part of the world. But when it comes to their orthodox school, due to their attachment to the language and pure knowledge, they have solutions for all the problems, which is very much miss interpreted in non Arabic parts of the world.
My opinion is all the Islamic laws need revision in Pakistan. Islamic scholars should do that and qualification of Islamic scholars sold they must be graduated from renowned Islamic universities of the Arab world.
A lot of Arab countries and Arab people are not satisfied with the Islamic laws in Pakistan.

This is the most paaaaaathetic argument I have heard about Islamism.

That's OK.
I don't expect you to be able to conduct a conversation without foaming at the mouth.

My comment was not addressed to you and it was not a defence of "Islamism".

Do carry on.

Last edited:
The Arab world is very much divided. We see a lot many things in that part of the world. But when it comes to their orthodox school, due to their attachment to the language and pure knowledge, they have solutions for all the problems, which is very much miss interpreted in non Arabic parts of the world.
My opinion is all the Islamic laws need revision in Pakistan. Islamic scholars should do that and qualification of Islamic scholars sold they must be graduated from renowned Islamic universities of the Arab world.
A lot of Arab countries and Arab people are not satisfied with the Islamic laws in Pakistan.

My dear poster

Modern system of jurisprudence is 1000 years ahead of Sharia laws.

And thus Arab universities cannot help Pakistan.

In other words you cannot go to a near-death sick man, and eat the same $hit he has been eating.

if you want to be healthy, then you ONLY copy healthy nations and healthy habits.

not the other way around.

Last edited:
by non-Islamic law, he is free to be a prophet of whatever religion he wants. he does not deserve death penalty. rather, let him roam free. I must say, the laws are archaic and medieval. Muslims must be fearing each other as this kind of law can be used to settle scores on personal feuds.
there is no love among Muslims, rather it is mutual fear of each other and their religious leaders that is the norm of their society .
if a muslim can proudly chest thump in front of a Salafi mosque that "Mein Murtad hoon" and he remain alive after that, then we can accept Muslim(Sunni) as a tolerant society.

My point of view in this discussion was Islamic laws were very miss interpreted in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Indian Muslim Community. That is the reason most of Arab doesn't think south Asian Muslim as the real Muslims, they do not take them seriously.
I agree with the Arab opinion, because lot many things Muslims of these regions do, that has nothing to do with Islam.
As the society is not Islamic then laws are also not Islamic and the same goes to the religious figures, they are also not Islamic. That is the reason neirhter of religious figure from this region a has never been greeted by the Arabs.
Now,how to interpret any of these laws. Again, go back to Islamic renowned Islamic universities.
Even for the short term solutions, look at the Islamic laws in some Islamic countries e.g. Yemen, Egypt etc.

As it has already been stated in the post, that he is 71 years old. A lot of capital punishment is waived off in that case, depending on the case. I think case such as this comes under the age limit.
Secondly, as it is mentioned very clearly that he is schizophrenic, again, he is exempted from any sort of capital punishment. He could be sent to a mental hospital, which i think, severe punishment than the death sentence. His all mental illness will drain over there in one day.

Back
Top Bottom