What's new

Pakistan Civil Aviation | Information & News.

AirBlue

airblue-mar13-main-2.jpg

Flights Schedule:

Route: Islamabad to Rahim Yar Khan
Flight Number: PA-291
Days of Operation: Tuesday & Sunday
Departure from Islamabad: 8:00AM
Arrival in Rahim Yar Khan: 9:35AM

Route: Rahim Yar Khan to Karachi
Flight Number: PA-301
Days of Operation: Tuesday & Sunday
Departure from Rahim Yar Khan: 10:15AM
Arrival in Karachi: 11:35AM

Route: Karachi to Rahim Yar Khan
Flight Number: PA-300
Days of Operation: Monday & Wednesday
Departure from Karachi: 9:30AM
Arrival in Rahim Yar Khan: 10:45AM

Route: Rahim Yar Khan to Islamabad
Flight Number: PA-290
Days of Operation: Monday & Wednesday
Departure from Rahim Yar Khan: 11:30AM
Arrival in Islamabad: 1:00PM

PIA to launch Chicago and Glasgow from May 2013

PIA to launch Chicago and Glasgow from May 2013.After successful launching of Kandhar.PIA is planning to launch Kashghar,Mashhad and Najaf.Management has plans to re-establish new destinations in SouthEast Asia ,particularly through Karachi.

I don't see increase of flights to North America due to loan default of Boeing 777. However, i'm very pleased to see their intentions of expanding in the neighbourhood i.e. China Afghanistan, Iran, and Iraq

It is possible, as long as the airports undergo upgrading of their facilities to meet the requirements for A380 traffic.

It will be the first airport of Pakistan which can land and park Airbus A-380, most wide bodied aeroplane in the world. It has two runways, the main runway is category F runway, which is the highest category for runways. It has the ability to carry the largest and heaviest aircraft.

Benazir Bhutto Airport to open in June next year: Asif Yasin - thenews.com.pk

However, I am not so sure about the facilities to deal with the large sudden rush of passengers to have flights leave on time. Humein line banaanee to aati nahi kuon keh hum issay apni bayizzati smajhtey hein.

True that...but the new airport will hopefully have larger immigration halls, the current one is tooooo cramped with only 4-6 counters..if 2 or 3 flights come in at once, its pandemonium!

It's actually the ground handling I am curious about, air bridges or stairways.

True that...but the new airport will hopefully have larger immigration halls, the current one is tooooo cramped with only 4-6 counters..if 2 or 3 flights come in at once, its pandemonium!

It's actually the ground handling I am curious about, air bridges or stairways.

It is not the number of counters, but the type of people that create the pandemonium. Baggage handling will be another huge task to run smoothly.

It is not the number of counters, but the type of people that create the pandemonium. Baggage handling will be another huge task to run smoothly.

One thing I have seen is that the airports around the world use fixed columns to create a queue. The columns are screwed into the ground and the rope then runs along with it. This way no one can cut lines and come from the side, and a order will be maintained.

Let's hope everything runs smoothly and the new airport is a new beginning for Pakistani civil aviation. Fingers crossed.

One thing I have seen is that the airports around the world use fixed columns to create a queue. The columns are screwed into the ground and the rope then runs along with it. This way no one can cut lines and come from the side, and a order will be maintained.

Let's hope everything runs smoothly and the new airport is a new beginning for Pakistani civil aviation. Fingers crossed.

Do you think a mere rope can stop desis from walking under or over it? How about the staff and their bosses themselves breaking the lines to give their friends and relatives priority?

Anyway, I join your hope that everything runs smoothly at the new airport, but I have my doubts. Aakhir log to wahi hon gey.

The runway of karachi airport is short for A380! There is no place to make runway a little longer enough for the A380.

Since when does the A380 need a long runway?

It has better takeoff performance than the B777, B747 and A340. Emirates managed to get an A380 off BHX's 8500ft runway with an unrestricted load for a six hour BHX-DXB flight. The a380 would need less than 8000ft for a short hop across the gulf from Pak.

The A380's size does not make it a "dog". It has a very big wing which is very lightly loaded which gives it phenomenally low take-off and landing speeds in addition to excellent field and climb performance.

On a standard ISA day at sea level, she requires circa 9800ft runway at MTOW with a rotation speed of 155 knots. Compare that to the A340, 747 and 777 which all require 10000ft + with speeds in excess of 165 knots.

Today a Emirates 777 declared emergency at Islamabad airport as the plane showed a low pressure warning in one of the wheels in the right main landing gear. Fire crews were put on standby beside the runway.

Luckily though, the warning turned out to be false, the Tyre pressure indicator system or TPIS malfunctioned on the tyre number 9 and gave a false reading to system for that tyre.

A low pressure tyre could lead to a tyre explosion or puncture and it could be dangerous.

The windscreen of the aircraft Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) leader Nawaz Sharif was travelling in cracked mid-air on Friday, reported Express News.
According to initial details, the plane was at a height of around 9,000 feet and was headed towards Hasilpur from Quetta when the incident happened.
The plane was diverted towards Lahore where Nawaz was safely off-boarded. Nawaz went home from the Lahore airport and the party rally scheduled in Hasilpur was called off, said a PML-N spokesperson.
There were 12-15 other people on board the plane.

It was a princely jets business jet.

pk_apr30b.jpg

So what happened to the A320's that were coming in July?:what:

Damaged runway: Peshawar airport closure disrupts international, domestic flights

KARACHI / PESHAWAR:
Bacha Khan International Airport was temporarily shut for air traffic on Saturday after a ditch was discovered along a portion of the runway. The schedule of up to four international flights and one domestic flight was disrupted as a result.
According to airport officials, the ditch was detected when an Airblue flight was preparing for take-off. The runway was then closed and repair work was initiated, an official said.
“Since the airport is being used by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and Pakistan Air Force (PAF) jointly, a meeting of the base commander and airport authorities is under way,” the official said.
The airport closure disrupted the schedule of five flights, including four international flights.
CAA spokesperson Abid Qaimkhani told The Express Tribune that all inbound and outbound air traffic was temporarily suspended due to the ditch.
“Runway maintenance work is under way but as for now no specific time for resuming flight operations can be stated,” said Qaimkhani.
The fault disrupted operations of at least two flights of Pakistan International Airlines were delayed, said PIA spokesperson Muhammad Mashhood Tajwar. PIA flight PK-755 bound for Riyadh from Lahore via Peshawar at 6:50pm was delayed. Another Peshawar-bound flight from Karachi, PK-350, was also delayed.
Shaheen Air International’s Muscat-bound flight from Peshawar, NL-771, was also cancelled.
Tajwar, however, clarified that the national flag carrier was waiting for clearance and information provided by CAA and airport authorities.

Damaged runway: Peshawar airport closure disrupts international, domestic flights – The Express Tribune

Back
Top Bottom