What's new

Pakistan, China & Iran Blocked From India Air Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that your own reasoning or do you have sources to prove what you are trying to say.

My own reasoning. If you don't agree with it, you can refute my logic with your sources.
:cheers:

For Pakistan it didn't make difference, invited or not invited:coffee::wave::wave::wave:. India giving negative signals to neighbors force to think 'What to do with India'.:sniper::lol:

i think our war-birds only made it there un-invited......just ask those who managed to survive Pattankot raid by jumping head-first into bunkers and trenches

when it comes to air shows, we dont need to be arrogant or brag to these increasingly troublesome bharti walas...

numbers, figures, the events we have participated in and will continue to participate in --say numbers.

in fact, Pakistan is no stranger to setting the standard during war-time or during air shows.

Please recall the aviation record Pakistan broke on February 1958 - during an Air Power and acrobatics demonstration when King Zahir Shah visited Pakistan. I believe there were 16 Sabres (the 'Falcon-16' team) flying in perfect diamond formation and performing aerial stunts.

I have a written piece on the actual maneuvers done. But basically our guys were dealing with consistent 5+ Gs while doing 360 degree loops and other maneuvers which impressed the crowd below.

According to accounts I have heard, the Falcons made the cover of Flight and Aeroplane --britisher magazine.

the RAF (which laid foundations of PAF) was so shocked; They eventually performed loops with 21 aircrafts in order to break Pakistani record. I'm not sure which aircrafts they used to do this.

16sabresloopbig.jpg

in conclusion:

no loss for neither Pakistan, China or Iran for that matter. I'd feel bad if the Thunder took away the attention from HAL's 25-30 year old fighter

Last edited:
China, Pakistan & Iran Blocked From India Air Show

NEW DELHI, Feb 1, 2011 (AFP) - India, which hosts South Asia's biggest airshow next week, has not invited arch-rival Pakistan, China or Iran to the biennial event, organisers said on Tuesday.

"Invitations to the airshow have not been sent to China, Pakistan and Iran but these are decided by the foreign ministry," defence production secretary R.K. Singh told a news conference in New Delhi.

Pakistan and India, who have fought three wars since their 1947 independence from the British, have no military-to-military contacts.

Trade links in recent years have improved between India and China, who fought a brief but bloody border war in 1962 but strategic ties are frosty as territorial disputes remain unresolved despite rounds of negotiations.

Singh did not comment on New Delhi's decision to block Iran from the event.

Aero India 2011, which begins on February 9, has invited a delegation from war-torn Afghanistan, Singh said, as part of India's national policy to build better ties with the country.

"We have good cooperation with Afghanistan and so we are delighted it is sending a delegation to the airshow. We want such cooperation to grow," Singh said.

About 350 official and trade delegations from 30 countries including Australia, Britain, France, Germany, Russia, Germany and the United States will participate in the five-day event, the organiser said.

Sensational news title? Source?

Pakistan I perfectly understand,
China I somewhat understand
But why Iran ? - Sometimes I feel MMS is bending too much backward :tdown:

If you invite Iran then your papa Israel will block your supplies. Buttt kissing of Israel is more important you know.

If you invite Iran then your papa Israel will block your supplies. Buttt kissing of Israel is more important you know.

well that is what they are doing; but i guess they have little to no choice.....

whether its liked or not, israel does have some good hardware to offer them

of course the indians will do more than just butt kiss them

it seems Iran on the other hand is increasingly isolated.....and india would throw the event down the bombay porto-potty if they invited the Iranians; the Americans, israelis etc. would without a doubt withdraw in protest

Dont talk about butt kissing here buddy. India isnt the country fighting a war for another country.. :usflag:

Dont talk about butt kissing here buddy. India isnt the country fighting a war for another country.. :usflag:

And getting bombed by drones...:cheers:

For the last effing time:

1.Pakistan has never been invited to Aero India.
2.China has been invited only once (in 2009)
3.Iran didn't come to the last show too. (because of the emabargo it seems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom