What's new

Pakistan calls for expansion of ties with Iran

Iran is not serious in expanding relations with Pakistan, they are friends of our enemy. Iran is also supporting BLA.

What do they gain in supporting the BLA? Remember a large chunck of Balochistan is in Iran and the Iranians have been surpressing an insurgency over there for a long time. Further the BLA loves blowing up gas pipelines whilst the Iranians have been seeking to connect Pakistan and potentially India and/or China with gas via pipelines going through Balochistan. So no, I dont buy that the Iranians are supporting BLA, rather the opposite.

With regards to Iran-Pak relations, sure I would like to see relations with them becoming stronger but there is no doubt that in places where they want us to side with them we cant do that (Syria or Azerbaidjan for example) or where we want them to side with us they cant (Kashmir or Afghanistan). In essence hence we wont be able to become allies, but at the same time we can try to maintain cordial relations and at least not work against each other.

Reggi was serving the BLA interest on the other side of the border, later the escape to Pakistan. Then he flew toward Dubai and got trapped. While ago started the thread about Saddam role in Baluchistan insurgency , people will also find Dubai been playing dirty role and provide refuge to these Anti Pak elements, since 70s.

Yes we all admit UAE today and Iraq back in the day meddle in Baluchistan but Iran has aligned with Indians so Pakistan should just realize as such. Also come 2014 if Afghanistan goes back to being hell then Iran will engage Pakistan in another proxy fight just like in the 90s.

Yes we all admit UAE today and Iraq back in the day meddle in Baluchistan but Iran has aligned with Indians so Pakistan should just realize as such. Also come 2014 if Afghanistan goes back to being hell then Iran will engage Pakistan in another proxy fight just like in the 90s.
Its simple , trade between Pakistan and India is much higher compare to India and Iran. Plus as long as Iran don t provide any military base, all fine with Pakistan. Plus , if trade increase between India and Iran, its all good for Pakistan. Pakistani trader and govt will earn more money, though transit fee etc . Indian economy is reality of the region. Pakistan should secure the border , but take advantage of opening need doors of trade.

iran should either choose her neighbour pakistan or india, not both at the same time

Why ??? Iran can have good relations with both Indian and pakistan at the same time .

Isn't it the best way forward for Iran and us ???

Why ??? Iran can have good relations with both Indian and pakistan at the same time .

Because we have most pathetic diplomats and policy makers

No problems with the neighbors except India.

India has problems with all neighbors unless its a client state. So unless Pakistan is willing to accept a client state status vs India, it will always have problems.

I agree and not one comment from Iranian here as well expressing expansion of ties. Iran is with India so Pakistan should proceed accordingly.

Iran is not serious in expanding relations with Pakistan, they are friends of our enemy.

I agree with both of you.....

Specially after visiting this thread (link given below) and some other recent threads..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/275883-iran-orders-release-indian-tanker.html

I thought Iranians are friendly towards Pakistan but thanks to the PDF... here we can interact with different people and we can see the (to some extent) real picture with our own eyes... For Iranians we are saudi slaves and Indians are their best buddies.India can be their friend thats not the main issue.. the problem is they call us slaves and weak nation and after reading some posts i can say that some of them even dislike/hate us.

So today onward, i am no more fan of Iran and this ummah fantasy

we should care about our own country and interests only. So if its good for Pakistan then, Great.. otherwise a big NO THANK YOU to our dear (soon to be) ex presidant.

because its iran who is telling pakistan to choose either iran or saudi arab

Back
Top Bottom