What's new

Pakistan Business Council dumps PTI, lauds PML (N)

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Pakistan Business Council (PBC) has issued a report on the positions of major political parties on the National Economic Agenda (NEA). The report makes for an interesting read. Quite in line with the latest surveys and polls, the PML (N) is on top with a high 84 percent similarity to the PBC agenda. The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has scored 66 percent, while the PPP follows with 53 percent.

The NEA focuses on five key areas for reforms including energy, macro economy, regional trade, social protection and education. Energy being the core issue at the moment deserves the most attention, so lets start with the energy policies of major political parties and their similarity or the lack of, with the PBC agenda.

Recall that the PTI was the first party to have presented a detailed energy policy early in 2012, one that received good press. Although the Party will officially announce its manifesto on the Pakistan Day, one should not expect significant change in its Energy Policy.

The report reads that the PML (N) has ticked all the seven boxes in the energy reform matrix, whereas the PTI fills only four - making PML (N) the clear leader. Lets dissect the seven indicators that the PBC deems primary for energy reforms in the country and the respective parties status.

Firstly, the PBC deems Fast tracking of LNG imports a must do, for which it gives the PML (N) full marks as in its latest manifesto, it clearly emphasises on expediting setting up of LNG terminal and rightly so. Strangely enough, the PBC fails to see the same in PTIs Energy Policy, which is a much more detailed document and covers the LNG import plan from short-term to long-term in intricate details.

Moving on, evamping existing assets in power generation and distribution system seems to be well-addressed by both the PML (N) and the PTI, for which they have got the business councils nod. But it has to be said that the PTIs take on reforming the infrastructure is a detailed one and discusses the costs and steps associated with it, while the PML (N) in its manifesto has just made a passing comment.

Another area, where the PBC seems to have erred in analyzing the PTIs Energy Policy is the deregulation of energy sector. The PBCs Research Wing seems to have overlooked the PTIs liberation of Gencos and Discos, which is point number one in the energy reforms presented by the Party. Perhaps, a revisit to the PTI Energy Policy might result in a tweak to the PBCs findings.

Yet another point, which the PBC has given credit to the PML (N) but failed to do the same for the PTI is the creation of an integrated Energy Ministry. The PML (N) in its manifesto has promised a central ministry for energy, a move which has to be welcomed and one of which the experts have long been calling. The PTI had presented this idea more than a year ago, stating the creation of a single, professional ministry for energy as the core of its energy sector reforms. Why has the PBC missed to spot it in the PTIs Energy Policy is unfathomable.

In all honesty, without a doubt, the PTI deserves a seven out of seven on its stance on energy, just like the PML (N). The Pakistan Business Council is a reputable organisation and it would do good to revisit its findings and come up with a more objective analysis, free of factual inaccuracies. More on the other parts of the NEA later in these columns.

Pakistan Business Council dumps PTI, lauds PML (N) | Business Recorder

lol..and? Did you even read it before posting?

As an over-seas Pakistani, I can guarantee you that over-seas Pakistani business community will massively invest in Pakistan if PTI comes to power (and Inshallah, it will!). PTI and Imran Khan's credibility is way higher in business circles than PML(N)'s. Only big "mafias" of Pakistan will want PML(N) in power because then they all can eat Pakistan together..

Shame that you have taken the role of a patwaari, doing propaganda for your masters who are just a family!

BTW, don't you have any shame that you are supporting a family-mafia party over a genuine democratic party? Over-seas experiences didn't teach you anything

As an over-seas Pakistani, I can guarantee you that over-seas Pakistani business community will massively invest in Pakistan if PTI comes to power (and Inshallah, it will!). PTI and Imran Khan's credibility is way higher in business circles than PML(N)'s. Only big "mafias" of Pakistan will want PML(N) in power because then they all can eat Pakistan together..

Shame that you have taken the role of a patwaari, doing propaganda for your masters who are just a family!

BTW, don't you have any shame that you are supporting a family-mafia party over a genuine democratic party? Over-seas experiences didn't teach you anything

Yes i did read. Not my view idiot. Its interesting some random writter disagrees with reputed Pakistan Buisness Council. Again no comments on my part on the energy policy. I don't work in that field nor i'm sure the writer.

Investment is good in many forms. I'm also Pakistani living overseas but i would never ever say or do anything that would benefit me the most in Pakistan. Shame on you.

You talk about credibility ? Go and talk to orangzaib and the western company he is working with. He has business contacts and he is the best source.

lol...looks like Nawaz Sharif is playing his cards right....:lol:

I don't know your level of Urdu but if i summarize in one line its called "Aik hamaam main sary nangy" 9 PTI target killer arrested by Sindh police "9" a party running organized militant wing in Karachi, expecting it won't do corruption and bad things is sheer stupidity. PTI is not what it seems sooner or later you will see their reality.

Its up to you to decide Patwari's are bad or target killers, but don't try to impose your opinion on others.
Its a pool of bad people and you have to find right one with experience who can develop Pakistan, improve our economy and image worldwide, make good relations with world powers.

IK is good person but he got no brain he is bad choice at the moment he needs to form government in Baluchistan get some experience, maturity and show performance like PML-N did in Punjab then dream about ruling Pakistan.

I don't know your level of Urdu but if i summarize in one line its called "Aik hamaam main sary nangy" 9 PTI target killer arrested by Sindh police "9" a party running organized militant wing in Karachi, expecting it won't do corruption and bad things is sheer stupidity. PTI is not what it seems sooner or later you will see their reality.

Its up to you to decide Patwari's are bad or target killers, but don't try to impose your opinion on others.
Its a pool of bad people and you have to find right one with experience who can develop Pakistan, improve our economy and image worldwide, make good relations with world powers.

IK is good person but he got no brain he is bad choice at the moment he needs to form government in Baluchistan get some experience, maturity and show performance like PML-N did in Punjab then dream about ruling Pakistan.

for the Bold part:
Really ... ? Please post the source link for that news.

for the Bold part:
Really ... ? Please post the source link for that news.

lol you don't know its all over the news.

http://dunyanews.tv/index.php/en/Pakistan/165277-Karachi-unrest-IG-Sindh-submits-list-of-224-crimi

Jang
398776_396162877148937_817292267_n.png

228984_395950597170165_1837260906_n.jpg

The Pakistan Business Council (PBC) has issued a report on the positions of major political parties on the National Economic Agenda (NEA). The report makes for an interesting read. Quite in line with the latest surveys and polls, the PML (N) is on top with a high 84 percent similarity to the PBC agenda. The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has scored 66 percent, while the PPP follows with 53 percent.

The NEA focuses on five key areas for reforms including energy, macro economy, regional trade, social protection and education. Energy being the core issue at the moment deserves the most attention, so lets start with the energy policies of major political parties and their similarity or the lack of, with the PBC agenda.

Recall that the PTI was the first party to have presented a detailed energy policy early in 2012, one that received good press. Although the Party will officially announce its manifesto on the Pakistan Day, one should not expect significant change in its Energy Policy.

The report reads that the PML (N) has ticked all the seven boxes in the energy reform matrix, whereas the PTI fills only four - making PML (N) the clear leader. Lets dissect the seven indicators that the PBC deems primary for energy reforms in the country and the respective parties status.

Firstly, the PBC deems Fast tracking of LNG imports a must do, for which it gives the PML (N) full marks as in its latest manifesto, it clearly emphasises on expediting setting up of LNG terminal and rightly so. Strangely enough, the PBC fails to see the same in PTIs Energy Policy, which is a much more detailed document and covers the LNG import plan from short-term to long-term in intricate details.

Moving on, evamping existing assets in power generation and distribution system seems to be well-addressed by both the PML (N) and the PTI, for which they have got the business councils nod. But it has to be said that the PTIs take on reforming the infrastructure is a detailed one and discusses the costs and steps associated with it, while the PML (N) in its manifesto has just made a passing comment.

Another area, where the PBC seems to have erred in analyzing the PTIs Energy Policy is the deregulation of energy sector. The PBCs Research Wing seems to have overlooked the PTIs liberation of Gencos and Discos, which is point number one in the energy reforms presented by the Party. Perhaps, a revisit to the PTI Energy Policy might result in a tweak to the PBCs findings.

Yet another point, which the PBC has given credit to the PML (N) but failed to do the same for the PTI is the creation of an integrated Energy Ministry. The PML (N) in its manifesto has promised a central ministry for energy, a move which has to be welcomed and one of which the experts have long been calling. The PTI had presented this idea more than a year ago, stating the creation of a single, professional ministry for energy as the core of its energy sector reforms. Why has the PBC missed to spot it in the PTIs Energy Policy is unfathomable.

In all honesty, without a doubt, the PTI deserves a seven out of seven on its stance on energy, just like the PML (N). The Pakistan Business Council is a reputable organisation and it would do good to revisit its findings and come up with a more objective analysis, free of factual inaccuracies. More on the other parts of the NEA later in these columns.

Pakistan Business Council dumps PTI, lauds PML (N) | Business Recorder

So re-read the highlighted part - you will see that Business Recorder seems to be saying the "fix is in" and that it hurts the credibility of the PBC

PMLN ati hai to businessman badmuashi karte hain PPP aati hai to jageer dar. No wonder PPP is popular among farmers and PMLN in business circles but we don't need supporter of business or farmer community.. there exists an entity by the name PEOPLE who in the equation matter the most.

So re-read the highlighted part - you will see that Business Recorder seems to be saying the "fix is in" and that it hurts the credibility of the PBC

That is the writer's point of view not mine. My job was to be neutral in this thread. I opened this thread for a reason. Someone with expertise in the field of energy can make sure which part is right and wrong.

More than that, Nawaz league is considered a status quo party. Of course its views will be inline with Status quo institutions.

A lot of these institutions have former political supporters now at the helm. So much so the Gallup Pakistan chief was a former advisor to Nawaz Sharif during his Premiership. No surprise that suddenly Gallup has started to pimp up Nawaz league.

One of the biggest problems these institutions foresee is their dukaan closing down. Nawaz league is especially very good at their corruption. You won't see them loot like the way PPP's Fehmida Mirza did, by declaring a big retirement package (and big monthly pay) for herself before she left. They will first buy big amounts of cheap land, launch some crazy new projects around it to increase the land value soon after.

What these bewaqoof bachey dont understand is just doing Election is not a solution of all Ills. If the majority is chore they will choose chore as their leader. Election are for educated nations who can distinguish between good and bad, unfortunately majority of pakistanis dont fall in that category. you need one leader with strong hand to choose a team of best person, If imran was doing that i would be with him but it seems like he has lost his interest in the party and trying to find a way out, Election kero aur choose kero sub se bara badmash. have we not learned anything

Back
Top Bottom