What's new

Pakistan begins Falco UAV production

:disagree:

I dont feel any excitement as you guys are feeling!!

Here are the reasons:

1) Falco UAV is old news, a light weight UAV without weapons capability! The most important thing for a modern UAV is to be able to carry atleast a small payload. Falco cannot do this.

2) There were many other options that the PAF could have spent its money on rather than this UAV. There are many Pakistani companies producing indigenous UAVs, if PAF had spent only one million or less they could have gotten a UAV far better than Falco, an in less money.

3) The tech level of the company is not worthy either, an investment in one of our own companies would have been more wise.

4) The wingspan of Falco is painfully small, a good UAV is actually a glider capable bird. just look at a Predator and you'll know what I mean. The lift ratio, the hours of flight get extremely large with a good wingspan.

5) It seem like an urgent action, looking for something to acquire without thinking of its relevance by today's requirements. We do not require a small weaponless UAV that has no radar evading capability nor can carry weapons. We need, both a surveillance and offensive capable system and radar evasion would be a plus.
1) Yes, its unarmed UAV used for mainly intelligence gathering and battle field view.The role of UAV is different and i am quite it would be much cheaper then other viws.
2)These Uav's are far better then anything Pakistani Companies have made.
3)I disagree this company is one of the leading company in Radar's and other aeronautical stuff.Hell, it also produces AESA Radar.
5)It does have a radar as well as Optical Sensor system.Read the whole information about it on internet.

is it a silent UAV such as US drone or a normal with noise?

A "silent" UAV? - "normal with noise"?? With ketchup and fries??

Sorry Hacsan, one reads some strange questions and comments but that one deserves some kind of award for craziness, other worldly.

KAMRA: Pak Air Force has formally started the production of pilotless drone planes in collaboration with an Italian company, Geo News reported Thursday.

According to details issued by the PAF, the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra has commenced producing the pilotless planes Falco UAV in collaboration with Selex Galileo of Italy.

Aeronautical Complex chief Air Marshal Farhat Hussain said pilotless Falco UAV highly important for the country’s defence, adding the production of the planes will greatly add to the professional capabilities of PAF.

Farhat said Pakistan is now a member of the club of countries manufacturing drone planes.

The system will be used mainly for aerial reconnaissance and information gathering, although the PAF will later also induct UAVs equipped with weapon systems to carry out offensive operations.

PAF begins drone planes production - GEO.tv

is he hinting predator or indiginious production of armed drones?

Pak version of drones ‘whirrs’ into production

ISLAMABAD: Amid calls for the US to provide the unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) technology, Pakistan launched on Thursday the production of its own version of drones at its leading aeronautical factory in Kamra. The rollout of Pakistan’s first UAV – called Falco and being be co-produced in collaboration with an Italian company – at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) is scheduled for the near future.

“Falco is an advanced, tactical UAV designed by Selex Galileo Italy ... it would address current and future surveillance and reconnaissance needs of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF),” said a PAF spokesman. A simple ceremony was held at the complex on Thursday to launch the production.

sajjad malik

sorry no mention of weapons systems here!

As i said it is a tactical UAV, not a pure heavy MALE UAV powerful enough to carry weapons, but it can carry laser guided designators for fighter aircraft to launch its PGMs.

Further:

"Selex Galileo is, meanwhile, also offering the Falco Evolution (Evo), a retrofit designed to meet the Italian army's requirements. Featuring longer booms and a 14m (45.9ft) wing span almost double that of the standard design, the Evo package increases the UAV's payload capability from 70kg (154lb) to 120kg. First flight is expected in the second quarter of 2010, which can be retrofitted to existing Falcos. The Evo adds longer wings and tailbooms, increasing MTOW to 750 kg with a 120 kg payload. Endurance is increased to a maximum of 18 hours and the Evo can exceed the XN's 6000 m altitude limit.

Selex-Galileo is building four Falco Evo prototypes, with first flight scheduled for the second quarter of 2010. The company believes that its existing customer is a strong sales prospect for the Evo and it hopes to double or even triple the installed Falco fleet there. "

So let future come, then we see what Falco evolves into.

Last edited:
one Falco UAV was lost recently around Sargodha!

but the news doesn't exclusively state it was a flaco

Sir, kindly read my post, i said some said it was a Falco & some said it to be an other type of UAV, ambiguity. It was Sir Fatman17 who said Falco was lost around Sarghoda, this one was lost around Kohat, type not confirmed, it may be, it may not be Falco.

check the notify air crashes section!

Back
Top Bottom