What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

Germany Suspends 3-Billion-euro Eurocopter Order

Germany Suspends 3-Billion-euro Eurocopter Order

(Source: compiled by defense-aerospace.com; issued May 25, 2010)

432274250_00b96528fa.jpg

Germany is suspending its three billion euro purchase of the EADS Tiger attack helicopter due to serious problems with its wiring.

A spokesman for the German defence ministry said the first combat-ready aircraft are not expected before 2012 and, according to a leaked ministry report, the purchase from EADS division Eurocopter has been suspended until the faults have been effectively and systematically rectified.

So far Eurocopter has delivered 11 of 80 Tiger helicopters to Gemany, but the report said none was suitable for operational use or training.

Corrective measures related to Tigers wiring problems have been developed, agreed by the customer and are being implemented, Eurocopter spokeswoman Cecile Vion-Lanctuit said by e-mail. Two helicopters will be handed over for intensive tests in June and July, with additional deliveries scheduled for the fourth quarter, she said.

France and Germany ordered 80 Tiger helicopters each in 1998, with France choosing a different version than the German model. The French army last year deployed its first Tigers to Afghanistan. Germany is still waiting for the first fully combat-capable version of the type it has ordered, and which it needs to provide air support for the 4,300 German troops deployed in northern Afghanistan.

Eurocopter has won export orders from both Spain, for 24 helicopters, and from Australia, for 18 units.

Pakistan's military procurement official general Kingriwi visiting Turkey's SSM (undersecretariat of the ministry of defence, military procurements and developments office) to get information on Pakistani F16 modernization and T-129 attack helicopter project.

for pictures: Savunma Sanayii Müste?arl???

Pakistan and T-129 ...

According to Aselsan magazine, Aselsan engineers have developed a new, lighter and intelligent MFD's to integrate on Turkish aviation programs but I do not know whether They will be applied for T-129 Atak's as well...

At current statues, Indigenous utility helicopters, Hurkus basic trainer and the winner of medium utility helicopter tender will carry new Aselsan MFD'S...

Upper 3 screen are new MFD's...
aselsan-14.jpg

Current classic MFD's Aselsan is producing...
Defense_10-41-17_mfd268e_cokislevli01.jpg

Last edited:
In additions, Most probably, T-129 will carry indigenous Tubitak-UEKAE made HF-VHF-UHF "Radio Voice Security Device" called Milsec-3.

tbitak-2.jpg

and UEKAE Milon-7 Krypto Device

tbitak-7.jpg

Congratulations Turkey on its attack helicopters program.

If the T-129 ATAK helicopters passes our assessment tests and meets our needs, I think we should go ahead and procure it from Turkey.

Pakistan needs to have a large attack fleet of helicopters (should be greater than 200) especially when factoring our terrain, and the size of our adverseries. Furthermore, other types of helicopters (medium transport) should also be procured as we learned from the October 2005 earthquake the impact of not having enough helicopters. Also, civilian helicopters for our major urban centres/cities would go long ways in helping better police them as well as in better planning urban projects. I think a helicopter manufacturing industry is in need for Pakistan overall.

I also think we should bolster our previous stock of AH-1 Cobra Helicopters; these can be procured from surplus US army supplies for next to nothing if not practically free. We should try to procure them at a regular rate as they have a proven track record and are affordable as well as pack quite a punch for their size!

I do think, that in the interim to long run, we should be manufacturing our own attack as well as transport helicopters(Blackhawks or other) in line with our policy of local manufacturing and indigenization learning from our past experiences and the many sanctions we have been placed under.

Perhaps, maybe we can offer our Turkish brothers our engineering expertise and build a new mod/upgrade of this pre-existing design. Again, congratulations to our Turkish brothers on what looks like a marvelous design.

Congratulations Turkey on its attack helicopters program.

If the T-129 ATAK helicopters passes our assessment tests and meets our needs, I think we should go ahead and procure it from Turkey.

Pakistan needs to have a large attack fleet of helicopters (should be greater than 200) especially when factoring our terrain, and the size of our adverseries. Furthermore, other types of helicopters (medium transport) should also be procured as we learned from the October 2005 earthquake the impact of not having enough helicopters. Also, civilian helicopters for our major urban centres/cities would go long ways in helping better police them as well as in better planning urban projects. I think a helicopter manufacturing industry is in need for Pakistan overall.

I also think we should bolster our previous stock of AH-1 Cobra Helicopters; these can be procured from surplus US army supplies for next to nothing if not practically free. We should try to procure them at a regular rate as they have a proven track record and are affordable as well as pack quite a punch for their size!

I do think, that in the interim to long run, we should be manufacturing our own attack as well as transport helicopters(Blackhawks or other) in line with our policy of local manufacturing and indigenization learning from our past experiences and the many sanctions we have been placed under.

Perhaps, maybe we can offer our Turkish brothers our engineering expertise and build a new mod/upgrade of this pre-existing design. Again, congratulations to our Turkish brothers on what looks like a marvelous design.

wellll u took this alll from my lips agreed every bit of your statement we neeed more and more helis transport attack helis and more helis for police it will help them to come over crime specially for major cities karachi lahore peshawar quetta hyderabad faislabad islamabad etc and reple agging heli puma etc

In regards to the Cobra, they are probably available in abundance however I am not sure wether the Cobra helicopter is very suitable for Pakistan.

Pakistan has like Turkey high mountains and needs a helicopter that can fully armed hover up to 4 - 6 km. The single engined Cobra can not!

The double engined super Cobra can, but they are not available cos the US marines is converting them into King Cobra helicopters.

That's the main reason why Turkey selected the T-129 attack helicopter, the helicopter is suitable for the Turkish mountainous landscape (also for Pakistan)

regards

very Very Hot.. VERY VERY SEXY, I hope PA will get this deadly bird

very Very Hot.. VERY VERY SEXY, I hope PA will get this deadly bird
That's not T129, it is a photo of old A129.

T129 is not ready yet, it will have a longer body, 5 rotor blades and longer blades, more powerful LHTEC CTS800-4A engines, bigger FLIR(aselsan aselflir300), and some other changes will be made on body

Heres a pic of first prototype.

It will be as heavy as apache and as light as cobra :) im thrilled :bounce:

turkey is emerging weapons market in the world

i think by 2015 they will start indegenous aircraft project too

Turkey is emerging weapons market in the world

i think by 2015 they will start indegenous aircraft project too
It depends on israel i think :) go jews ! make us do it! :yahoo:

More enemies you got, more weapons you need, simple...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom