What's new

Pakistan Army Unwilling or Unable?

I completely agree with you Niaz but you should also consider that Insurgencies within a civilian Area cannot be avoided and you can near be sure from where insurgents appear and as to where they hide. You can not engage a enemy within. In SWAT PA has to sweep check all local population for Extremist and same is the case in rest of the FATA region. No Army in the world if considering the local population in these areas can do better than what PA and FC are doing. It is not like you sit and start carpet bombing the whole area like US in the Afghanistan. These are our people and Security forces have a code of conduct in such cases. They can not fire a single round without being fired at. The operation which has now started will see an end of Extremist movement. Doesn't matter if we supported Talliban in past years but as far as Pakistan is concerned, the dual policy over Afghanistan is tearing Pakistan Apart because these elements are now out of the control of MI and ISI.

This is precisely I am trying to convey. One needs a very rapid response and excellent intelligence net work, specially support from within the civil population.

A specialized task force is therefore sourly needed. In addition to FATA, look at all the electricity pylons, railway tracks and gas pipelines destroyed by the BLA. This can only be overcome thru diligent sattelite/aerial monitoring equipment. That is why IMO, to successfully combat local insurgency, we need less MBT's, field guns etc but more UAV's, predetors and COIN aircrafts along with air mobile rapid response force and a basic realization in our military planning that the threat from within is at least as deadly as from our Eastern borders.

This is precisely I am trying to convey. One needs a very rapid response and excellent intelligence net work, specially support from within the civil population.

A specialized task force is therefore sourly needed. In addition to FATA, look at all the electricity pylons, railway tracks and gas pipelines destroyed by the BLA. This can only be overcome thru diligent sattelite/aerial monitoring equipment. That is why IMO, to successfully combat local insurgency, we need less MBT's, field guns etc but more UAV's, predetors and COIN aircrafts along with air mobile rapid response force and a basic realization in our military planning that the threat from within is at least as deadly as from our Eastern borders.

I agree with you!

We require better infrustructure to stop these insurgents and to deal with them in the strict way. BLA's time will come like Akbar Bugtti. As for the realization of threat level within, their exists a communication gap i feel between MI and ISI.
Taliban are still considered as an asset for future of Afghanistan by some in establishment whether you believe me or not.

niaz the pakistan army has got these militants under control so i dont know what you are talking about

Slimoe,

Good afternoon---sorry to sound sarcastic and insulting---but could you please give us the address of the burrow that you crawled out of---( also let us know if it was today, yesterday or 50 years from now ) we would like to view the situation of pakistan from your perspective. I again apologize for my being disrespectful to your post.:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Slimoe,

Good afternoon---sorry to sound sarcastic and insulting---but could you please give us the address of the burrow that you crawled out of---( also let us know if it was today, yesterday or 50 years from now ) we would like to view the situation of pakistan from your perspective. I again apologize for my being disrespectful to your post.:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

:smokin:....

You need it today!

watch the news mastankhan looks like the PA has cornered mehsud so i think there reaching there objective..and our government is also a coward,not threatning india for doing things in nwfp and balochistan.

Hi Slimoe,

Thanks for your post. It is too little too late. A day has come in the life of pakistan army that in broad day light the taliban take control of a strategic multi billion ruppee choke point in the heart of the province and they are caught sleeping. The Kohat tunnel completed after years of hard labour billion ruppees taken over---by a rag tag militia in the heart of the country---and there is so much damage to the tunnel that it will take a month to repair it.

If this is the standard of the PA commanders to protect the national assets---and such an important asset as this one---they ought to be ashamed---there is no excuse that the commanding officer can come up with to hide his incompetence.

It is the sixth year into the insurgency---the time for excuses by the PA has long gone. People and the nation needs results. Pakistan needs the army to show some professionalism and complete the jobs that it has been designated to do

Maybe because India is not involved?

Thinking that people who call themselves Muslims cannot be evil is crazy, delusional talk.

Muslims are also people who will be judged. As such there will be evil men and evil teachings and evil movements that call themselves Islamic.

Merely being Muslim does not elevate you, without the right morals, thoughts and actions.

Throughout history the real Muslims have had to fight insane, tyrannical extremists.

Blaming it on India and US will not do when it is clear that they have ample funding of their own, probably from the same people who are willing to believe that everything is a conspiracy theory of US in the first place.

Maybe because India is not involved?

Thinking that people who call themselves Muslims cannot be evil is crazy, delusional talk.

Muslims are also people who will be judged. As such there will be evil men and evil teachings and evil movements that call themselves Islamic.

Merely being Muslim does not elevate you, without the right morals, thoughts and actions.

Throughout history the real Muslims have had to fight insane, tyrannical extremists.

Blaming it on India and US will not do when it is clear that they have ample funding of their own, probably from the same people who are willing to believe that everything is a conspiracy theory of US in the first place.

Agreed with your view on evil or bad as such people are found everywhere.

As far Indian Involvement is concerend you are confusing it with extremism while are are saying that India is involved in Balochistan. India is funding BLA whereas extremism is a different sector where we are not blaming India for it.

As far conspiracy theories these are also everywhere so we are not the only people who finds these in the first place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom