What's new

Pakistan Army restricts Geo Channels in its offices

Did you really believe army initiated this petition to get Geo closed? Not to going to happen, this was adopted as mere jesture to pressurize the group and cash in on it, and hope they will mind their business next time....other news.channels are doing this, to cash in on this for monetary reasons. They thought they can actually get them banned.
Cme on vcheng, i know you since 2007 from other forum, i know you are better then this....you are just trolling me....

So the petition is just a threat? Still illegal. :)

Or do they now realize the consequences of such blatant pressure on the largest media outlet in the country? In the petition they do ask for cancellation of the license.

Ah,this is Pakistan Mr.Vcheng..and here the definition of illegal is 'terhi ungli se ghee nikalna' rather then 'najaiz/wrong' :D

Ain't that truth! :D

(Please remember this line of argument when asking for respect for Pakistan on any other topic.)

Or do they now realize the consequences of such blatant pressure on the largest media outlet in the country? In the petition they do ask for cancellation of the licens
A national institute was defamed, that is what everyone saw that night, and anyone would agree on that...and as per pemra ordinance 2007, license can be cancelled....logically and legally,excluding political pressure....
So much for being the biggest media house in the country....nobody from military has passed the judgement

A national institute was defamed, that is what everyone saw that night, and anyone would agree on that...and as per pemra ordinance 2007, license can be cancelled....logically and legally,excluding political pressure....
So much for being the biggest media house in the country....nobody from military has passed the judgement

What defamation? All Geo did was cover a news story where the brother of the victim said that he was told by him that if something happened to him, he would suspect the ISI. That is all. That is similar to what Benazir said before her death about Gen Musharraf. There was no brouhaha over that like this one.

Geo's coverage included both sides of the story, and the investigation by the Tribunal will reveal whether the accusations put forth by the victim and his family are true or not. Geo's coverage is not part of that at all, but let PEMRA determine whether Geo broke any regulations in covering that story.

However, there is a more sinister story than all of the above. The Army is out to show to the entire government, country and world that it is still the undisputed real Master. Illegally, but that is what it wants to demonstrate.

My dear, if this what they had said, then trust me, i would have agreed with you over here, but i was watching this channel for past one hour, i know very well what was. Said abd how it was said, who said what.....even if it was not geo who accused soneone, but still they broadcasted it, they were abd should have stopped the broadcast....let me get my laptop and share that video.....
What defamation? All Geo did was cover a news story where the brother of the victim said that he was told by him that if something happened to him, he would suspect the ISI. That is all. That is similar to what Benazir said before her death about Gen Musharraf. There was no brouhaha over that like this one.

Geo's coverage included both sides of the story, and the investigation by the Tribunal will reveal whether the accusations put forth by the victim and his family are true or not. Geo's coverage is not part of that at all, but let PEMRA determine whether Geo broke any regulations in covering that story.

However, there is a more sinister story than all of the above. The Army is out to show to the entire government, country and world that it is still the undisputed real Master. Illegally, but that is what it wants to demonstrate.

My dear, if this what they had said, then trust me, i would have agreed with you over here, but i was watching this channel for past one hour, i know very well what was. Said abd how it was said, who said what.....even if it was not geo who accused soneone, but still they broadcasted it, they were abd should have stopped the broadcast....let me get my laptop and share that video.....

Sure, let us see and discuss what was said: Commentary and Discussion on a major News story, or Defamation?

Or do they now realize the consequences of such blatant pressure on the largest media outlet in the country? In the petition they do ask for cancellation of the license.

Ain't that truth! :D

(Please remember this line of argument when asking for respect for Pakistan on any other topic.)
hahahahahaha....yeah,very clever,old man:D
Didn't I tell you or did I tell you that no one is innocent in Pakistan,no institution is free of error...but there is a term 'national interest' and it is above 'right' or 'wrong'.Defaming army is contrary to national interest my friend.ID suggest you to ignore the 'term' justice and replace it with national interest when enjoying arguement about Pakistan,because justice does not existed in Pakistan,justice never does.We do not have white as ana option,but Black and grey..:D

Last edited:
Sure, let us see and discuss what was said: Commentary and Discussion on a major News story, or Defamation?
crap- cant find that video...
anyone helpme find this video please, it was broad casted at 19:05 / 7:05 pm right after 7pm headlines....am after the raw video, not the one that was edited later on....

hahahahahaha....yeah,very clever,old man:D
Didn't I tell you or did I tell you that no one is innocent in Pakistan,no institution is free of error...but there is a term 'national interest' and it is above 'right' or 'wrong'.Defaming army is contrary to national interest my friend.ID suggest you to ignore the 'term' justice and replace it with national interest when enjoying arguement about Pakistan,because justice does not exsists in Pakistan,justice does not exists.We have no white,but Black and grey..:D

Fair enough, but let us see the charge of defamation be proven first. Merely claiming it is not enough in this case. :)

Sure, why not? And what if nothing adverse is found?

Isnt that what they are afraid of..? Or, perhaps they are sure that no such malpractice is happening in Jang Group.

Okay, let us talk about what is criticism, insult and defamation:

Criticism is "the expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes."
Insult is to "speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse."
Defamation is "the act of saying false things in order to make people have a bad opinion of someone or something."

Criticism is the expression of an opinion and must be tolerated. An insult is a perception of disrespect, which says more about the person on entity claiming to have been disrespected. Defamation cannot be proven one way or the other unless there is a formal investigation to judge the truthfulness or falsehood in what has been claimed.

In each of the three cases, the response of the Army, leaves much to be desired.

Tell us all, what is the difference between Journalism and Activism.

Geo must be further restricted.

There must be new policy regarding content of the media. This fore for all type of media is not freedom of expression. The content on Geo and other Pakistan channels is highly objectionable. Its anti Pakistan and subverts our culture too.

I had stopped watching Pakistani channels couple of months ago. Watching them gives a feeling of disgust.

Geo must be further restricted.

There must be new policy regarding content of the media. This fore for all type of media is not freedom of expression. The content on Geo and other Pakistan channels is highly objectionable. Its anti Pakistan and subverts our culture too.

I had stopped watching Pakistani channels couple of months ago. Watching them gives a feeling of disgust.

If you have decided for yourself that you do not wish to watch Geo, that is great. But please allow the courtesy of the same freedom of choice and decide for themselves if they do or do not want to watch Geo. After all, your remote has the Channel and Power switches for a reason. You control them. Let others control theirs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom