What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Not from what i have read.
Whatever we read is written by someone, diversity of opinion is a bitch. all of us have our sources for verification:pleasantry:yet who knws what happened in reality......common sense is the best tool to sniff out the truth these days.

I update the Wikipedia Page for the Pakistan Army.

I recently heard the Pakistan Army re-organized itself into 3 Armies. North, Central and South.

Anyone have more info on that?
3 commands for ease of operations. Yes that model has been implemented.

Musharraf was not particularly liked by those around him according to many Gens and senoir officers who had served with him, he was very ambitious and not particular capable intellectually speaking compared to other senior officers yet his Muhajir background prompted buffoon Sharif to perceive him to be a potentially weak and compliant chief hence his promotion, the result was this....
hqdefault.jpg
He was not intellectually capable ??? I have doubts about this statement from what we saw when he was in power and even now also.

He was not intellectually capable ??? I have doubts about this statement from what we saw when he was in power and even now also.
Well compared to the average Tom dick and harry, Mushy may well be ok yet in comparison to the creme de la creme of our military I believe he was lacking, many senior officers hold this view.Kudos

Well compared to the average Tom dick and harry, Mushy may well be ok yet in comparison to the creme de la creme of our military I believe he was lacking, many senior officers hold this view.Kudos
Chances are those senior officers have personal grudges with him.

Same used to be said abt raheel sb. He was an instructor with one of my close relative and when raheeb sb became chief he said we never would have guessed he will even become a general as he was so soft spoken and had no spark. But see what he became. One of the best.

Chances are those senior officers have personal grudges with him.

Same used to be said abt raheel sb. He was an instructor with one of my close relative and when raheeb sb became chief he said we never would have guessed he will even become a general as he was so soft spoken and had no spark. But see what he became. One of the best.
You could be right as Gens like Kuli Khan Khattak and co are hardly going to be charitable to Mushy though one can certainly not direct any blame upon them,,,,,, interesting about Gen Raheel as I know a relative of his who said something on similar lines.Kudos

You could be right as Gens like Kuli Khan Khattak and co are hardly going to be charitable to Mushy though one can certainly not direct any blame upon them,,,,,, interesting about Gen Raheel as I know a relative of his who said something on similar lines.Kudos
Same gen ali kuli then got big ticket construction projects during rule of musharaf. He was md or at some senior post of their family run construction company after his retirement.

Industry

Pakistan boosts defence spending for 2017-18

Jon Grevatt - IHS Jane's Defence Industry

30 May 2017

The government of Pakistan has announced a 2017-18 defence budget of PKR920.16 billion (USD8.7 billion). Budgetary documents show that the figure is a 9.3% increase over the revised defence budget for the year earlier.

The defence budget amounts to 24% of the total national expenditure for the year and emphasizes personnel expenses and military modernisation. Both these allocations received year-on-year increases of 12% in the new budget.

“Physical Assets”, which is thought to include funding for procurement, is allocated PKR244 billion, while “Employee-Related Expenses” receives PKR322 billion. The budget provides a pay rise for armed forces personnel, although military pensions are excluded.

Military Capabilities

US DoD says China is likely to build more overseas bases

Gabriel Dominguez, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

07 June 2017

China is expanding its access to foreign ports to pre-position the necessary logistics support to regularise and sustain deployments in waters as distant as the Indian Ocean, Mediterranean Sea, and Atlantic Ocean, the US Department of Defense (DoD) said in its 2017 report to Congress on military and security developments involving China.

Published on 6 June, the 97-page document said China's expanding international economic interests are increasing demands for the People's Liberation Army (PLA) Navy (PLAN) to operate in more distant maritime environments to protect Chinese citizens, investments, and critical sea lines of communication (SLOC).

As a result, Beijing will "most likely seek to establish additional military bases in countries with which it has a longstanding, friendly relationship and similar strategic interests, such as Pakistan, and with which there is a precedent for hosting foreign militaries", the report said.

Chief of Army staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa visited Peshawar Corps Headquarters. He was given detailed briefing on situation along Pak-Afghan border, ongoing and future operations, progress on development works and return of TDPs. COAS appreciated improved security situation and measures for better border management including fencing.
COAS expressed his satisfaction on operational readiness of the formations and asked them to stay vigilant against all types of threat. He said that we consider Afghanistan as a brotherly neighbor and terrorists are our common enemy. The threat thus requires a trust based coordinated response rather than blame game or unwarranted skirmishes.
COAS said that unilateral actions like drone strike etc are counterproductive and against spirit of ongoing cooperation and intelligence sharing being diligently undertaken by Pakistan. Pakistan Army is capable of taking effective measure if actionable intelligence is shared. He said that our focus now is to transform our operational achievements in FATA into enduring peace and stability for which early mainstreaming of FATA through reforms is essential and Pakistan Army fully supports all efforts towards that end.

Chief of Army Staff(COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa addressed participants of National Security and War Course at National Defence University Islamabad.
Highlighting internal and external challenges to national security, COAS said that the full spectrum of threat demands comprehensive national response and Army is fully engaged in enabling that response in coordination with other institutions of the state.
COAS said that terrorism has no religion, sect or ethnicity. Pakistan has fought against this menace indiscriminately and shall root it out through ongoing operation Radd-ul-Fasaad. He said that terrorism can not be defeated by closing eyes from one's own responsibilities and resorting to throwing blames outside as being done by few players in the region.
He said that Pakistan Army is committed to defence and security of the country and shall continue to perform with support of the people of Pakistan.

19146239_1550042528359681_681807507614145848_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom