What's new

Pakistan Army: Better trained?

we dont even need more funding it is our religion which teaches us "Ghazi ya Shaheed"(victorious or martyred)

I believe that, money aside, Pakistan Army is still, along with Turkish and Chinese and Israeli, the best in the world. It is second only to Turkey. In every war (including 1971) it has proved itself.

1971!

I was under the impression that 90,000 Pakistani soldiers were taken prisoners of war by Indian army.

we dont even need more funding it is our religion which teaches us "Ghazi ya Shaheed"(victorious or martyred)

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.....

Only a person who is either a fanatic or a idiot would believe the above.

I think there is nothing like the best army or best trained army in the world.

Each Army has to address the singular and unique Threat Perceptions and that may not be applicable to another Army. The organisation, weapons, concepts and tactics has to suit the country's national threat.

What maybe fine for one Army, may not be fine for another, but it, in no way, could mean that the other army is not well trained for its threat perception.

there wernt 90,000 these no. is exagerated.there were only 15,000 pakistani troops.the rest were civilians counted as soldiers the that indian government.and they had sent around 100,00 on our soldiers so i dont think that it was a courageous act by these indians.

Only 15,000 defending East Pakistan?

so, the war was lost even before begun?

Are you seriously stating that East Pakistan was left to its own on guts and wits?

Since the commencement of the political crises and the military action in East Pakistan in March 1971, certain significant changes had taken place: -
1. India had entered into a military alliance with the Soviet Union, thus ensuring substantial supplies of sophisticated weapons in all fields, and decisively tilting the military balance against Pakistan.
2. The prolonged military action in East Pakistan had completely alienated the local population, with the result that the Pakistan army was faced not only with external aggression, but also with the constant threat of internal subversion.
3. India has openly started training forty to fifty thousand guerillas for infiltration into East Pakistan.
4. By the month of October and November 1971, India had concentrated on the border of East Pakistan a force equivalent to nearly twelve divisions.
5. The declare objective of India at this juncture was the establishment of Bangladesh by overrunning the capturing part, if not the whole of East Pakistan.
6. The Pakistan Army was stretched in penny-pockets all along the East Pakistan border wit India.

In view of these facts and circumstances, the concept that "the defence of East Pakistan lies in West Pakistan" needed a serious fresh look by those responsible for the formulation of our defence policy. The first important task was to hold out in East Pakistan as long as possible so as to enable International community to intervene effectively. General Yahya and most of his commanders are of the view that allocation of more forces to East Pakistan could not have produced any different results, as East Pakistan could not be held in any case.

Area Distribution
The area was divided into three sectors namely: -
1. Eastern sector consisting of Narsinghdi- Ghorosal- Demra- Narayanganj.
2. Northern Sector comprised of area Kaliakair- Rajendrapur- Joydevpur- Tunji
3. Western Sector consisted of Damrai- Savar- Mirpur

The southern sector lying between Padma and Buri Ganga was left unprotected because natural obstacles covered that area.
Sector No. Sector Name Responsibility
1 Jessore 9th division
2 Area- Rajshahi- Dinajpur-Rangpur- Bogra 16th division
3 Jamalpur-Mymensingh- Dacca 14th division
4 Sylhet- Moulvi Bazaar- Brahmanbaria 14th division
5 Comilla- Laksham- Chittagong Area 14th division

Sector No. Commandere Divisional Headquarter
1 Maj.-Gen. M.H.Ansari Jessore
2 Maj.-Gen. Nazar Hussain.Shah Bogra
3 Maj.-Gen. Jamshed Dacca
4 Maj.-Gen.Qazi Abdul Majid Khan Brahmanbaria
5 Maj.-Gen. M. Rahim Khan Chandpur

Fall of Dhaka 1971

Forty five thousand troops and an almost equal number of civilians of West Pakistan were taken as prisoners of war.
The Separation of East Pakistan [1971]

Not an Indian site.

Not that it matters about the Surrender.

Only 15,000 defending East Pakistan?

so, the war was lost even before begun?

Are you seriously stating that East Pakistan was left to its own on guts and wits?

well Salim surely not all the 90000 were soldiers.Pakistan never fully deployed army there because of the theory that defence of the East Pakistan will be done from West Pakistan.

Look, these matters are of dispute.

To me, it makes no difference.

The bottomline does.

I really don't understand as to what you mean that the Pakistani Army did not fully deploy.

Defence of a country cannot be so callously taken or is that what you are suggesting that the Pak Govt could not care less?

Many wont call them better trained after their surrender to few militants.The amount of dollars parvez musharraff has been taking from US,if even after that Pakistan Army is not better trained then nothing will make them better trained.:undecided:

theory that defence of the East Pakistan will be done from West Pakistan.

I also don't understand how the defence of East Pakistan can be done from West Pakistan!

for being victorious you need funding.

Don't count Israel army personal as good soldier. They are the children of US, as almost half of there Armed Forces are US citizen and most of them have served with US Forces and have seen live action worldwide, they have the same weaponary and training. They train alongside US Forces, infact they are fighting along side in Iraq & Afghanistan.
If anyone has gone to the Graveyard near the Bridge on the River Kawai (Thailand) there you will see hundreds of graves with star of David. That shows that they were fighting with US from day one.

Don't count Israel army personal as good soldier. They are the children of US, as almost half of there Armed Forces are US citizen and most of them have served with US Forces and have seen live action worldwide, they have the same weaponary and training. They train alongside US Forces, infact they are fighting along side in Iraq & Afghanistan.
If anyone has gone to the Graveyard near the Bridge on the River Kawai (Thailand) there you will see hundreds of graves with star of David. That shows that they were fighting with US from day one.

I agree. A lot of Israeli troops sevreved in the U.S. Armed Forces, but I still think the Israeli Army is good.

Back
Top Bottom