What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

yes janab now its ours :bounce:

Is this confirmed? Are the Fennecs in our possession or are we still trying to cut a deal and also why can't we try and get the ones being retired by the RSAF? Get some cheap and reliable attack helis to put the woosh in the TTPs beacksides as they rush to meet their maker.

So that is why PA gave a tender for the 2.75" rockets.

BTW, those are 2 different helis in the pic, so expect them to be in service with us shortly.

THe pics are from France and the registration is French and a test pilot is at the helm.

575598_10151545054404130_1686596302_n.jpg

You sure about Glock? Because the last heard only ISI and SSG operatives were armed with Glock. Glock has a ban on exports to Pakistan, so we don't have many in our military.
Yes I am very sure, PAF, PAA pilots and SSG all have Glocks as their side arms.

You sure about Glock? Because the last heard only ISI and SSG operatives were armed with Glock. Glock has a ban on exports to Pakistan, so we don't have many in our military.

Personal use is also widespread. The Turkish weapons are also sometimes used.

Personal use is also widespread. The Turkish weapons are also sometimes used.

The last time i was in market, you couldn't purchase Glock just like that. But yes Turkish and Brazilian sidearms are common as a common man can buy one easily and get a license for it.

That's why i was asking. I know for sure that Intelligence and SSG personal use Glock.

The last time i was in market, you couldn't purchase Glock just like that. But yes Turkish and Brazilian sidearms are common as a common man can buy one easily and get a license for it.

That's why i was asking. I know for sure that Intelligence and SSG personal use Glock.

Hes right they are using glocks...

ISPR-CRSs-Parwaz-e-Junoon-First-Telefilm-of-Season-II-PR-Pics2.jpg

24azuy1.jpg

2upd4ap.jpg

Has anyone got a pic of PA/PAF pilots with their sidearms?

If you have time and search this thread, you will find many pictures of army aviation officers having their side arms, especially in operational areas.

I guess you won't be able to see any PAF pilot with his sidearm as till date haven't seen anyone having one. May be used on in times of war.

Reason being, the pilots are issued official sidearms due to the operational requirement, just like SSG and others using due to the operational requirement for them. Otherwise sidearms have been withdrawn from the conventional forces and MP-5s are to be used in that role. The normal PA/FC officers that you see wearing sidearms are the ones which they have bought for themselves out of their own pockets and the choices ranges from personal choice to the affordability of each officer's pocket. Bought CF98s/Russian Vikings/Makarov/some Turkish ones for some officers myself on their request based on personal choice and in some cases whatever best they could in the given budget.

Nowadays have learnt that units deployed in operational areas have received a few new Turkish origin pistols which are issued selectively on case to case basis, but majority of the officer have now bought one of their own.

Reason being, the pilots are issued official sidearms due to the operational requirement, just like SSG and others using due to the operational requirement for them. Otherwise sidearms have been withdrawn from the conventional forces and MP-5s are to be used in that role. The normal PA/FC officers that you see wearing sidearms are the ones which they have bought for themselves out of their own pockets and the choices ranges from personal choice to the affordability of each officer's pocket. Bought CF98s/Russian Vikings/Makarov/some Turkish ones for some officers myself on their request based on personal choice and in some cases whatever best they could in the given budget.

Nowadays have learnt that units deployed in operational areas have received a few new Turkish origin pistols which are issued selectively on case to case basis, but majority of the officer have now bought one of their own.

The people i know who have Glock is like it's not their own sidearm but the unit they are serving in.

So for example if you were serving in Quetta but then moved to Karachi, your sidearm would remain with Quetta and you would be issued a new one in Karachi. They have to account for every single Sidearm, holster, bullet and magazine that was issued.

Also, it doesn't seem fair that the officers have to purchase the side arm out of their own pocket. Units should supply them when needed. So if a Pakistan Army Aviation pilot is going to fly over hostile territory, then he should be given a sidearm.

Why Glock Export ban on Pakistan.. ??

Back
Top Bottom