What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Csn soldering the USMC only recently started operating the AH-1Z I find it unlikely that there will be any AH-1Zs retired by the USMC that Pakistan can get, surely the Marines will want to keep these birds for at least another decade? Maybe Pakistan bpcan Buy some new AH-1Zs from 2015 onwards but I see getting retired ones unlikely as they are way too new to be reinterred.

Thanks to Musharraf, there are up to 10 AH-1Z already paid for and slated for delivery, starting 2015-16 till 2020.

img3983v.jpg

Gentleman

If you are looking for the best available helicopter, with a huge range, good carrying capacity and state of the art technology, buy EH101 Merlin. We are operating them from Açores and Madeira in the middle of the Atlantic on SAR missions and we are stunned with this new machine we bought.

Greetings from Portugal

Since past few days I have been noticing unusual activity of Cobras in pindi. AFAIK Qasim base provides maintenance for Pumas and Mi17..but not Cobras?

Since past few days I have been noticing unusual activity of Cobras in pindi. AFAIK Qasim base provides maintenance for Pumas and Mi17..but not Cobras?

That is right. Cobras are provided maintenance at Multan (499 EME) and also Gujranwala. (i think, i might have the name of the city wrong).

Edit: Gujranwala only does some work on the TOW missiles,not cobra. Cobra only at Multan.

Don't know about cobras, but I have been noticing the regular and unusual activity of the white-painted Army Aviation Mi-17s (posted above), preceded by camouflaged Mi-17s (one or two).

Don't know about cobras, but I have been noticing the regular and unusual activity of the white-painted Army Aviation Mi-17s (posted above), preceded by camouflaged Mi-17s (one or two).

White ones are white due to different reasons.

1- They were from the UN mission. PAA usually let's some helis keep on operating with the white UN paint scheme, removing the bold UN ofcourse.

2- They are from the government of Punjab.

In the above pic, it was UN heli most probably.

Guys, if it's unusual (or usual) military hardware routine, please do not post it on public forum for various reasons, even if it's nothing sensitive. You're advised to discuss development of PAA not monitor the movement of their assets.

Ho many Mi-17 did we lost and buy since 2001 ?

I think we lost more than 10 and buy ca. 40-50 ( inlcuding ca. 10 from US and 2 from UK)

And then, there was this Bell sitting on Constitution Avenue, Islamabad, just last week. ??

2012092945.jpg

And then, there was this Bell sitting on Constitution Avenue, Islamabad, just last week. ??

2012092945.jpg

I think it was the one in which the ever eager Rehman Malik had his situation awareness trips! He always pretty quick to get a helicopter and fly!!!

This was from the MoI, flown and maintained by serving and retired (contract) PAA folks.

I think it was the one in which the ever eager Rehman Malik had his situation awareness trips! He always pretty quick to get a helicopter and fly!!!

This was from the MoI, flown and maintained by serving and retired (contract) PAA folks.

Yea, it seems to belong to MOI, but who was it ferrying is another question.
I'm sure the PM was summoned to court last week as well. ?? !!

Yea, it seems to belong to MOI, but who was it ferrying is another question.
I'm sure the PM was summoned to court last week as well. ?? !!

The PM is very near to the SC building.

Although the possibility of RM giving some air surveillance to the PM cannot be ruled out.

Every single Helicopter of Pakistan should be used at the frontline for example wounded Soldiers, airborne Operations, close fire support, Scout Role...... and not for VIP transports !

Gentleman

If you are looking for the best available helicopter, with a huge range, good carrying capacity and state of the art technology, buy EH101 Merlin. We are operating them from Açores and Madeira in the middle of the Atlantic on SAR missions and we are stunned with this new machine we bought.

Greetings from Portugal

very expensive helos!

all white paint were/are helos used by PK UN peace-keeping forces.

Back
Top Bottom