What's new

Pakistan-America bilateral relationship worsening.

I agree with your view and always read your posts read them respectfully. But it may look bad to ask you the question, 'how do you think it is possible?' Who will tell the ISI/PA that there are something more in enmity/rivalry than this. Why just get rid of all sort of extremism whether it is Haqqani or LeT or any other mujaheddin and get a modern progressive enmity.

Firstly thank you for doing me the kindness and reading me, secondly questions confirm that you actually read for comprehension - and I am delighted to see both of those in our readership.

Before we deal with your question, may I request an indulgence, please do follow this thread :

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/130474-7-steps-us-officials-dealing-pakistan.html

Firstly thank you for doing me the kindness and reading me, secondly questions confirm that you actually read for comprehension - and I am delighted to see both of those in our readership.

Before we deal with your question, may I request an indulgence, please do follow this thread :

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/130474-7-steps-us-officials-dealing-pakistan.html

Thanks, I read it but I do not agree with the points made. I mean some of them are not the steps. Specially that Pakistan has no say in Afghanistan's current situation and India in Afghanistan to teach Pakistan a lesson. I always said that Pakistan's support is very important for peace process in Afghanistan. But the Haqqanis and other Taliban groups in FATA etc send a bad signal.

And indeed, neither do I, it's rubbish, those 7 steps - So there is a divergence in Afghanistan - WHY?

Because Pakistan wish to see someone on the "Takht" in Kabul who is not an enemy - does not have to be a friend, but must not be a enemy -- And what are the kinds of policy tools available to Pakistan? Does Pakistan have a economy generating a surplus that it can put development funds in Afghanistan? Is it offering Afghanistan the opportunity to build new economies?

No, all it has is the ability to frustrate - a net negative for all concerned - In fact Pakistani policy makers do not conceive that they may make a positive contribution, and the Afghan know and resent this. The Pakistan state plays the same game in Pakistan itself - look the army kills off Islamist militants, have you ever seen bodies of those militants or have you ever seen or read the Pakistan army make a case about them and how it is successful? Because the Islamists in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad don't want to see dead islamicans, dead army personnel, well, a fancy ceremony and we can all get back to business -- all over Pakistan it is the same case, in ability to generate the positive, so if lemons is all they have.....This is the explanation for why Pakistan are where they are and for the policies they follow - I should like to leave you with this Mosharraf Zaidi quote:

Not only does Pakistan lack the basic capabilities that modern nation states must posses. It lacks them because it doesn’t know why it should possess them. Pakistan’s bureaucracy and parliament are crawling with LSE, Cambridge and Harvard graduates. This is not country that lacks generic capacity. It is a country that lacks a specific and overarching will. What use are the world’s best classrooms, and most revered texts in the absence of a moral compulsion to use them? And how could they ever be used effectively in the absence of an institutional framework to regulate their use?

And indeed, neither do I, it's rubbish, those 7 steps - So there is a divergence in Afghanistan - WHY?

Because Pakistan wish to see someone on the "Takht" in Kabul who is not an enemy - does not have to be a friend, but must not be a enemy -- And what are the kinds of policy tools available to Pakistan? Does Pakistan have a economy generating a surplus that it can put development funds in Afghanistan? Is it offering Afghanistan the opportunity to build new economies?

No, all it has is the ability to frustrate - a net negative for all concerned - In fact Pakistani policy makers do not conceive that they may make a positive contribution, and the Afghan know and resent this. The Pakistan state plays the same game in Pakistan itself - look the army kills off Islamist militants, have you ever seen bodies of those militants or have you ever seen or read the Pakistan army make a case about them and how it is successful? Because the Islamists in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad don't want to see dead islamicans, dead army personnel, well, a fancy ceremony and we can all get back to business -- all over Pakistan it is the same case, in ability to generate the positive, so if lemons is all they have.....This is the explanation for why Pakistan are where they are and for the policies they follow - I should like to leave you with this Mosharraf Zaidi quote:

Well said sir. Wish you were an Indian! I may not agree with you all the times but read your post always. Learned many things from you. Many Indians also still not understand that in this world there are something just more than religion. Specially I did not like the way Modi was put forwarded as next PM candidate of India. Once Najam Sethi said, Pakistan have tried it one way for last 64 years, so let try it another way. It can be started with Afghanistan. We can try atleast enmity like China-Japan or China-Taiwan. Not fist fight via groups and terrorism but progressive and modern.

Once Najam Sethi said, Pakistan have tried it one way for last 64 years, so let try it another way. It can be started with Afghanistan. We can try atleast enmity like China-Japan or China-Taiwan. Not fist fight via groups and terrorism but progressive and modern.

Indeed, Recall our conversation that social change is generally seen in the reordering of values in the presence of a incentive --China made incredible progress (look how VALUE LADEN) is the following :Whether a cat is black or white makes no difference. As long as it catches mice,

And now of course we have to quote Zaidi again - It lacks them because it doesn’t know why it should possess them.

What use are the world’s best classrooms, and most revered texts in the absence of a moral compulsion to use them?

See, Pakistanis find their current value system (as part of their for the lack of a better word, "moral" structure) to be one which is most useful - that it is a tool suited for their social, political, economic, environment - sad, but true -- Changie in the re-ordering of the priority assigned to particular values, can be done by a sincere and willful leadership, All such a leadership would have to do is to articulate a policy vision and implement it, people want to follow such a vision --but before such a leadership can emerge the army will have to be dealt with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom