What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

Dude on a separate & serious note when I visited Singapore a while back....we went to one of the Islands on a Cruise ! I saw F-16s & some other twin engined jet (I dunno whether it was a Flanker or some F-15 type thing) multiple times cruising over head....I swear it was only a couple of hundred meters up because I could swear that I saw an IFR Probe on one of them !

Now I don't know whether they belong to the Singapore Air Force or whether they were Malaysian/Indonesians but it was a joy to see an Air Craft fly that close !

It's always a joy.

The annual parade gave us an opportunity to view jets this close in Islamabad...last time I saw jets uo close was at the Dubai Skydiving championships. Al-Fursan (UAE aerobatics team) and some other solo guy performed, that solo guy was so close I could have touched the plan if I wanted to (seriously). Watch on youtube about it.

Dude on a separate & serious note when I visited Singapore a while back....we went to one of the Islands on a Cruise ! I saw F-16s & some other twin engined jet (I dunno whether it was a Flanker or some F-15 type thing) multiple times cruising over head....I swear it was only a couple of hundred meters up because I could swear that I saw an IFR Probe on one of them !

Now I don't know whether they belong to the Singapore Air Force or whether they were Malaysian/Indonesians but it was a joy to see an Air Craft fly that close !

I live near Air Base, walking distance, parallel to end of a runway. I always have joy of watching 'everything' land, from P-9C to F-15, Tornado to Hawks, Gulfstream to C-130, A-310 to B-747. I've also seen a Tornado cruising a couple of meters above, I've seen 'a huge number' of fighter jets landing together (Figure was over 50, way above 50). ;)

i used to be very excited for the 23rd march parade because that was the only time where we get to see so many fighter jets and also other military equipment unfortunately its not happening due to security reasons,but had a chance to visit PAF base and observe some take of and landings.My brother in law took me he is a GDP himself.I live in the US and very close to the air port so i get to see big heavy planes landing and taking off but i really wanted to see some fighter jets, so got lucky and went to the air show at Jones Beach.There were so many air crafts new,old also diff choppers but the best one was F 18 Super Hornet.Well well well can't put it into words the feeling it gave me when all of a sudden from no where F 18 made a high speed pass from the left to the right and so low on the beach.Everyone was like OMG thats cool but as the jet passed the loud crazy noise just made my day.
I got another chance of seeing blue angles performing at Atlantic City beach about 3 hrs away from me but just went for the air show.I always say to my self i will never see that kind of air show again ever the one performed by the Blue Angles.An air show based on pure skill its just amazing.I am glad made the right decision and went to the air show because Blue Angles are not performing any more because of budget cuts. Also had a chance to see black hawk very low above the Potomac river between DC and Virginia.It look very aggressive and the sound is too heavy very diff from other choppers.
Sorry i went off topic but some of you were talking about air shows, so i thought i should share my experience.

p1629-ideas-2006.html

Source: IDEAS 2006 - Pakistan Military Photos

Is PAF looking in to buy some Chinese C-130J and CN-295 alternative, and does such alternative is present now.
Also RSAF is also going to replace their C-130 with new ones. Will PAF going to buy them to support and increase the current fleet of aircraft.

How many FLIR equipped C-130's does PAF have?

Because today I saw a C-130 with serial number of either 3669 or 3699 with a FLIR at Chaklala.

I live near Air Base, walking distance, parallel to end of a runway. I always have joy of watching 'everything' land, from P-9C to F-15, Tornado to Hawks, Gulfstream to C-130, A-310 to B-747. I've also seen a Tornado cruising a couple of meters above, I've seen 'a huge number' of fighter jets landing together (Figure was over 50, way above 50). ;)

You should get some nice photos for us to share.

How many FLIR equipped C-130's does PAF have?

Because today I saw a C-130 with serial number of either 3669 or 3699 with a FLIR at Chaklala.

I asked a similar question sometime ago. The real number is classified i guess, unless you are able to photograph every single C-130 PAF has. It's only 16 of them.

I asked a similar question sometime ago. The real number is classified i guess, unless you are able to photograph every single C-130 PAF has. It's only 16 of them.

I am preety sure that all of the C-130s have FLIR pods under nose and they put it under it when they need it.

I am sure that they number might go up as RSAF C-130s would be available to PAF to purchase on lowest cost possible.

:)

Yesterday I saw this serial number for the first time.

This makes it 2 or 3 FLIR C-130's in PAF.

Yesterday I saw this serial number for the first time.

This makes it 2 or 3 FLIR C-130's in PAF.

Nabil sahab stated that the actual number is classified. But an article in a magazine/journal stated the number to be several.

However, considering the system was purchased and installed by the PAF it self in Pakistan, i wouldn't be surprised PAF goes for fleet wide installation. It's a cheap add on and the capability it provides is massive. Maybe PAF can apply the same to he CASA CN-235 as well.

I am sure that they number might go up as RSAF C-130s would be available to PAF to purchase on lowest cost possible.:)

You are late 6 RSAF C-130s are sold for below $70m in total to Turkish Air Force, Pakistan should have negotiated.

You are late 6 RSAF C-130s are sold for below $70m in total to Turkish Air Force, Pakistan should have negotiated.

Canada will retire its 6 H models in 2017, we might be able to get those for fairly cheap price.

Yes. I know that and I was wondering that what has happened to the PAF?

I really opted that PAF should contract with RSAF for the purchase of their 30 C-130s in coming 7-10 years time as aircraft as well as spares on a cost that PAF will going to pay them in NON INTEREST bearing installments.

TuAF could buy some from Australia and else where, although they are getting A-400Ms. But PAF will be in great need of these birds in coming decade too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom