What's new

Pakistan Ahead of India in Nuclear weapons technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol u wana say ur nuclear subs can carry enough amount of nuclear warhead missiles which can destroy us :hang2:

lol u wana say ur country can fire enf missles which can destroy sumthin 10 times ur own size?:hang2:

yes..we suffer from this rare disease of preferring documented facts and reports before we actually believe hearsay...

watch this video from 1:50 ur own media saying pakistan have aquired mirv from china lolzzzzzz:hang2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Although it is a deterrent, i know for a fact that Pakistan will have more nukes than India..................but there is a reason behind that, Pakistan is much smaller than India and India does not require lots of nukes to seriously damage or destroy Pakistan, whereas Pakistan requires more nuclear warheads to inflict the same kind on damage on India.
Pakistan knows that if they fire first, they will have to make it whole, nobody gets left alive, that is why we have missiles that can reach the outer reaches of Assam, whereas on a different page, when we nuke india, we effectively sign our own death warrant, and same happens should India choose to nuke us, the radioactive cloud will envelope areas possibly as far as Malaysia to the East and Iraq to the West, possibly even more, so the country to initiate the war will suffer a fate worse than the people nuked, they will die quickly, whereas the initiator population will suffer from radiation sickness, radiation burns and birth defects for thousands of years.....and the effects will not be limited to people, crops and livestock will also become contaminated. Remember Chernobyl ?
In a nutshell, either way it's a lose-lose situation.:hang2:

lol u wana say ur country can fire enf missles which can destroy sumthin 10 times ur own size?:hang2:

yeah :hang2: we have enough missiles to destroy india even with in few minutes we can bang ur capital delhi with our short range missiles ghaznavi :hang2: most deadly short range missile in our inventory

:pop:

lol u can eliminate these cruise missiles still we have bigger number of missiles based on solid fuel tech lol:cheesy:

tell me how many missiles do you have which run on solid fuel engines?

Hatf-I ,Hatf-IA,Hatf-IB ,Abdali-I,Ghaznavi,Shaheen-I,M11, Shaheen II,

these missiles run on solid fuel boosters :pop:

Hatf-I ,Hatf-IA,Hatf-IB ,Abdali-I,Ghaznavi,Shaheen-I,M11, Shaheen II,

these missiles run on solid fuel boosters :pop:

no you already told me that..I am asking you the number of missiles...which you must have counted after counting the number of indian cities that "you have covered" which run on solid fuel engines....
you are sure that Pakistan has more number of solid-fueled missiles right?
so the number please...unless it amounts to divulging state secrets to the enemy...

No doubt Pakistan has advanced missile delivery system. However I can not find any logical reasons why and how Pakistan is better than India in this regard.

India lags behind Pakistan in missiles
2 Feb 2009, 0217 hrs IST, Rajat Pandit , TNN

NEW DELHI: With active help from China and North Korea, Pakistan has surged well ahead of India in the missile arena. The only nuclear-capable
ballistic missile in India's arsenal which can be said to be 100% operational as of now is the short-range Prithvi missile.

Though the 700-km Agni-I and 2,000-km-plus Agni-II ballistic missiles are being "inducted" into the armed forces, it will take "some time" for them to become "fully-operational in the numbers required".

Defence sources said the armed forces were still in the process of undertaking the "training trials" of Agni-I and Agni-II to give them the requisite capabilities to fire them on their own.

Of the two, the progress report of Agni-I, tested for the first time in January 2002 to plug the operational gap between Prithvi (150-350 km) and Agni-II missiles, is much better. The Army has already conducted two "user training trials", one in October 2007 and other in March 2008, of the Pakistan-specific Agni-I missile.

The fourth test of 3,500-km Agni-III, which will give India the strategic capability to hit targets deep inside China, is also on the anvil now. But Agni-III, tested successfully only twice in April 2007 and May 2008, will not be ready for induction before 2012.

Then, of course, design work on India's most ambitious strategic missile with near ICBM (intercontinental ballistic missile) capabilities, the 5,000-km range Agni-V, which incorporates a third composite stage in the two-stage Agni-III, is also in progress. "We should be ready to test Agni-V by 2010-2011," said an official.

So, in effect, the missile report card is rather dismal at present. "Unlike Pakistan, our programme is indigenous. But a strategic missile needs to be tested 10 to 15 times, over a variety of flight envelopes and targets, before it can be said to be fully-operational. A missile cannot be dubbed ready just after three to four tests," said an expert.

Keeping this benchmark in mind, only Prithvi can be dubbed to be fully ready. Defence PSUs like Bharat Dynamics Ltd, Bharat Earth Movers Ltd and Mishra Dhatu Nigam Ltd, in fact, are stepping up production of the different Prithvi variants.

Army, for instance, has orders worth Rs 1,500 crore for 75 Prithvi-I and 62 Prithvi-II missiles, while IAF has gone in for 63 Prithvi-II missiles for over Rs 900 crore.

Navy, in turn, has ordered Dhanush missiles, the naval version of Prithvi, with a 350 km strike range, for its "dual-tasked" warships, INS Subhadra and INS Suvarna.

India wants to gatecrash into the very exclusive club of `Big-Five' countries like Russia, US and China, which have both ICBMs (missiles with strike ranges over 5,500-km) and SLBMs (submarine-launched ballistic missiles), before 2015.

The SLBM quest is specifically crucial since it's the most effective and secure leg of the "nuclear weapon triad", with land-based missiles and aircraft capable of delivering nuclear bombs constituting the first two components.

The initial range of K-15 SLBM being developed by DRDO will, however, be limited to 750-km, far less than the over 5,000-km range SLBMs brandished by the `Big-5' countries.

The plan is to go for higher strike ranges after the initial K-15 missiles are integrated into the indigenous nuclear-powered submarines being built under the secretive ATV (advanced technology vessel) programme is from times of india.

no you already told me that..I am asking you the number of missiles...which you must have counted after counting the number of indian cities that "you have covered" which run on solid fuel engines....
you are sure that Pakistan has more number of solid-fueled missiles right?
so the number please...unless it amounts to divulging state secrets to the enemy...

:cheers: yeah m sure we have more solid fuel missiles lol :azn: coz u indians started inducting solid fuel tech missiles late we started inducting it before u lol n i guess we have enough missiles to bang ur country:bounce:

Pakistan surges well ahead of India in missile technology

NEW DELHI, Feb 2 (APP): Pakistan has surged well ahead of India in missile technology as there is only short‑range Prithivi missile which is 100% operational as of now. “Times of India” in its report quoting defence sources said though the 700‑km Agni‑I and 2,000‑km‑plus Agni‑II ballistic missiles are being “inducted” into the armed forces, but it will take time for them to become fully operational.

The Indian forces are still in the process of conducting “training trials” of Agni‑I and Agni‑II to give them the requisite capabilities to fire them on their own.

The Agni‑III, tested successfully only twice in April 2007 and May 2008, will not be ready for induction in the armed forces before 2012.

The design work on Agni‑V, with 5,000‑km range is also in progress.

“We should be ready to test Agni‑V by 2010‑2011,” the daily quoting an official said.

India’s missile report card is rather dismal at present, an expert said and added the strategic missile needs to be tested 10 to 15 times, over a variety of flight envelopes and targets, before it can be said to be fully‑operational. A missile cannot be dubbed ready just after three to four tests, he said.

The daily said the Indian Army has placed orders worth Rs 1,500 crore for 75 Prithvi‑I and 62 Prithvi‑II missiles, while IAF wants 63 Prithvi‑II missiles for over Rs 900 crore.

The Indian navy has ordered Dhanush missiles, the naval version of Prithvi, with a 350 km strike range, for its “dual‑tasked” warships, INS Subhadra and INS Suvarna.

BrahMos failed as US shut its eyes in the sky?

Manoj K Das

First Published : 02 Feb 2009 02:11:00 AM ISTLast Updated : 02 Feb 2009 06:59:48 PM ISTKOCHI:

DRDO scientists have launched an investigation into the failure of the BrahMos army version missile, especially why its GPS system couldn’t link onboard computers with hovering satellites eventually crippling its guidance system and keeping it frm achieving mission objectives.

The ambit of the probe will also examine why US satellites blinked during the test window, thereby denying the missile the crucial inputs needed for its guidance.

A primary analysis of the January 20 test has shown that the missile, a special version capable of hitting hidden targets like terrorist camps, performed the flight plan but missed the target. The missile was supposed to hit a rather insignificant target hidden among obstructions at the Pokharan range.

“It had an advance seeker which was to home in on the target using GPS data obtained through US satellites.But it is a mystery why the SCAN technology failed to access the satellites,” said BrahMos sources.

The seeker, an advanced one developed to guide the missile to very insignificant targets, was a success during test flights. The seeker and the new software were tested extensively using fighter aircraft flying at top speeds.

“Once we were confident of their success, we decided to go in for the first test on the missile. But the failure is a mystery,” top sources told to The New Indian Express.The BrahMos special version, in spite of being an Indo-Russian venture, was fully dependent on US satellites. The Russian global positioning network is not usually used by Indian defence agencies for their strategic programmes. “This leads to speculation about why the entire galaxy of US satellites failed to provide signals to the missile. We need to solve the mystery of how the satellites suddenly failed over the Pokharan skies,” sources said.

The probe report is expected by Wednesday and will be submitted to the Defence Minister. Though the failure rattled the Army a bit, sources said its top brass was still for BrahMos missiles. “We will wait for the result of the February 20 tests.

The missile is still the best to hit a defined and designated target like an enemy depot or an airport. The wait-and-watch is only regarding the advanced version of BrahMos,” sources told to The New Indian Express

let me throw a big LOL to the MIRV capabilities in the last page

i cant stop laughing seeing the tall claims on print media show me a MIRV test i can learn something from it i dont know anything about MIRV just keep hearing it on forums .....

a big lol again

let me throw a big LOL to the MIRV capabilities in the last page

i cant stop laughing seeing the tall claims on print media show me a MIRV test i can learn something from it i dont know anything about MIRV just keep hearing it on forums .....

a big lol again

then take this big lol 2 :rofl:

Pakistan Pushes To Improve Missile Strike Capability
By Usman Ansari
Published: 17 November 2008

6b756ee6615e845ec0b8c736f1baf97b.jpg

ISLAMABAD - Pakistan is continuing efforts to increase the range, accuracy and lethality of its ballistic missiles while gradually switching from liquid- to solid-fueled propellants.

According to P.I. Cheema, head of the Islamabad Policy Research Institute think tank, who last year co-edited "Ballistic Missiles and South Asian Security," these efforts are sparked by the Indian threat.

"The driving force behind the program is basically India," he said. "Basically, throughout the Indo-Pak standoff, Pakistan has always been striving for parity or a qualitative edge, given the disparity we have in terms of numbers. Continuous improvisation is required to ensure the system works and remains valid, so you have to continuously update your systems."

A ballistic missile arsenal is necessary to maintain a national deterrent. The close geographical proximity of India and Pakistan would also make surprise attacks with conventionally armed missiles highly effective.

It is widely believed Pakistan obtained at least some missile-related know-how from abroad to initiate its efforts. The solid-fueled Chinese M-11 and liquid-fueled North Korean No Dong, plus associated technologies, are widely regarded to have formed the building blocks of the Pakistan program.

This has resulted in the Ghauri and Shaheen series of medium- to intermediate-range ballistic missiles. The established development/deployment pattern has seen the simpler liquid-fueled Ghauri series initially fielded, followed by the more advanced, solid-fueled Shaheen.

Liquid-fueled missiles require a longer logistics train (due to having to separately transport the fuel) and take hours to fuel, but they have performed a vital stopgap function. In this way, the 1,500-kilometer range Ghauri-I formed a stopgap until supplemented by the 750-kilometer range Shaheen-I, and then replaced by the 2,300 kilometer Ghauri-II.

With the deployment of the 2,500-kilometer Shaheen-II, development has shifted to the proposed 3,500- to 4,000-kilometer range Ghauri-III, which will be eventually replaced by the envisioned 4,000- to 4,500-kilometer Shaheen-III.

Strike at a Safe Distance

Pakistan needs such ranges so it can strike any targets within arch-rival India at a safe enough distance from the Indo-Pak border.

These increases in range have been achieved by using more efficient fuel or rocket motors, reducing the weight of the payload and simply incorporating additional stages. More ambitious advances involve the quest to increase accuracy by moving away from inertial navigation guidance systems to ones like GPS, and possibly developing multiple warhead technology.

According to defense analyst Usman Shabbir, the main force behind advances in the missile program is the National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM) defense conglomerate and its subsidiary, the National Defence Complex (NDC).

"NESCOM has been quietly and steadily refining its missile designs with special emphasis on more precision and greater range and warhead capacity," he said. "Work on MIRV [multiple independently targeted re-entry vehicle] warheads is ongoing and might be fielded in the near future on the Shaheen-II ballistic missile system.

"NESCOM is also working on new guided missile projects and in some cases helping other Pakistani research facilities with theirs. One such example was the recently tested air-launched cruise missile RAAD, developed by AWC [Air Weapons Complex] in collaboration with NESCOM," Shabbir said.

Pakistan has also developed a range of solid-fueled battlefield and short-range ballistic missiles to target high-value targets such as airfields, headquarters, troop concentrations, and ammunition and supply depots. The 290-kilometer-range Ghaznavi closely resembles the Chinese M-11 (of which Pakistan is said to have received a number in the early 1990s), and there is a possibility it is a variant of the same missile.

The 180-kilometer-range Abdali, however, is a development of Pakistan's initial indigenous efforts to develop a missile capability, the Hatf-1/1A, dating from the 1980s. These missiles can be armed with a range of conventional or nonconventional warheads.

Though the liquid-fueled missiles will eventually be retired, they may yet form the basis of a satellite-launch capability. They are ideal for such purposes because of the comparatively higher thrust they deliver.

However, Arshad Siraj, the secretary of Pakistan's national space agency, the Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission, said, "At this point in time, there is no such program, though it of course would be in the long-term planning of any space agency to have this capability. Perhaps this will happen, but definitely not within the next 10 years."

This is within the timeframe of retiring the Ghauri system and developing it to launch satellites. ■

E-mail: uansari@defensenews.com.:pakistan:

ahhhhhhhhhhhh bashing war.you guys need lassi with samosy for cool.yaar are you serius to kill all of us?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom