What's new

Pakistan again test-fires Babur Missile with range 700km

for sea launch the simplest as u said can be done but remember militarys dont just work that way. first as u said to just put it there well to tell u the truth babur is not controlled from MLV its controlled from a different station an MLV just takes it to a position and sets it up last launch is done remotely(remember its nuclear capable) that system is huge and to set it up on a ship a lot of modifaction is needed cuz a ship the size of OHP needs to have full control over its weapons.
secondly a sea launched CM is different from a land launched one remember the terrain of sea is ever changing and land remains the same thus terrain mapping ang guiding systems have to be different.
thire having CM on a ship gives it huge advantage u can target an enemy vessel from beyond even the stand off range ( 700 km) but to target a ship u need different seekers similar to the ons in C-802, Exocet ,Harpoon. with the ability of in flight manuvers and a concreat datalink to the firing vessel for course correcion if needed.
so u can launch Babur with little modification from an Aircraft (even than it very hard work) but sea launch system is a bit too different.
Another important point is that at sea you face moving targets and Land attack missiles are used for fixed targets.

If it were supersonic, then we could say bye bye to terrain matching.....everything has its advantages and disadvantages. No wonder west likes subsonic Crusie missiles. You can have supersonic cruise missiles for antiship role (as sea surface does offer the potential of ses skimming to a supersonic missile but that too has its own advantages and disadvantages as supersonic missile has to rise much earlier than a subsonic missile increasing its window of vulnerability vis-a-vis subsonic missile but has its advantages too.

Correct me if I am wrong but since Cruise missiles are compact compared to ballistic weapons hence they can only carry so much fuel which in supersonic mode will burn much quicker leading to shorter striking distance.

Correct me if I am wrong but since Cruise missiles are compact compared to ballistic weapons hence they can only carry so much fuel which in supersonic mode will burn much quicker leading to shorter striking distance.
well not necessarily, there are some other factors too which should be considered i.e. angle of trajectory, aerodynamics, friction, height..Supersonic missiles fly at greater heights that to some extent should allow them for a greater trajectory. If you're asking about Brahmos then the most plausible reason is MCTR.

It is very good news.:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:
nice job.

but you still need to increase the range of this missile.

700 kilometer is not long enough to cover whole india territory.

nice job.

We also have other babies for this purpose brother India is well with in our reach........ And mean while the range of Babar will b increased surely

nice job.

upgradation is going on time 2 time we made 3 test all sucessfull first 500 and Last two of 700 Km with upgrade teach soon navy version will be coming could it be?anti ship or ship-to-surface/submarine to surface

Pakistan test fires multi-tube stealth cruise missile

Pakistan test fires multi-tube stealth cruise missile - GEO.tv

Updated at: 1330 PST, Friday, October 28, 2011
RAWALPINDI: Pakistan on Friday conducted successful test fire of an indigenously developed multi-tube having stealth capabilities Cruise Missile Hatf-VII (Babur).

Babur has a target range of 700 kms, said ISPR in a news release here. The missile test was conducted to validate the design parameters of the weapon system and a new Missile Launch Vehicle (MLV).

"Babur Cruise Missile is low flying, terrain hugging missile with high maneuverability, pin-point accuracy and radar avoidance features.

"It can carry both nuclear and conventional warheads and has stealth capabilities. "It also incorporates the most modern cruise missile technology of Terrain Contour Matching (TERCOM) and Digital Scene Matching and Area Co-relation (DSMAC)."

A special feature of Friday's launch was the validation of a new multi-tube MLV during the test. The three tube MLV enhances manifold the targeting and deployment options in the conventional and nuclear modes. With its shoot-and-scoot capability, the MLV provides a major force multiplier effect for target employment and
survivability.

The test was witnessed by Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Khalid Shahmeem Wynne, Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General (R) Khalid Ahmed Kidwai, Commander Army Strategic Force Command, Lieutenant General Tariq Nadeem Gilani and Chairman National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM) Muhammad Irfan Burney, senior officers from the armed forces and strategic organizations, scientists and engineers.

The test will consolidate country's strategic deterrence capability and further strengthen national security.

The successful test has also been warmly appreciated by President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani who have congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success.

plz introduce ur self in the member club or what ever this is no place for the kind of post u wrote no hard feeling i am just telling u what i was told the first time when i did something resembling that

Back
Top Bottom