What's new

Pakistan AESA Radar Hope

Ieee explorer has many research articles about all sorts of radars written by Pakistani researchers. The articles are based on their actual research work.
But there is a thread with radar antenna pics on this forum somewhere.

Im unaware of any AESA development in Pakistan

Im unaware of any AESA development in Pakistan
The ways of defense research have changed. Its no more KRL and NESCOM.
The money has been diverted to HEC and most of the defense related R&D happens at universities by P.hd students.
Like i said,try looking into Ieee explorer. You wilk see the AESA related research by Pakistanis.

The money has been diverted to HEC and most of the defense related R&D happens at universities by P.hd students.
Like i said,try looking into Ieee explorer. You wilk see the AESA related research by Pakistanis.

That's a welcoming development.

NESCOM's electronics complex was to be a research institution but funds were used by PPP for luring voters during the last elections.
The complex was built at a smaller scale and as a manufacturing facility not a research organization.
Currently it manufactures motherboards for Aselsan software based radios in use with Pakistan Army.
The motherboards are then sent to NRTC for assembling the radios.
Previously Pakistan was reiant on Imported american radios. But now makes their own albeit as Turkish ToT.

If this is true, very nice.

Dude why dont you guys think positive sometimes? I know its natural to think and spread nagitivity about your enemy. :cheesy:

U.S would provide AESA radar to UK, Australia or any other country if it wants to. The AESA radar was approved by congress because UAE was giving a big buck of 6 billion dollars, and you dont want to miss that, so congress aproved the deal.

Same goes with the Pakistan and India if they have money they will get the AESA radar if they want to. You should probably know by now that the F-16 that was being offered to India included advance sophisticated technology including meeting the requirements of IAF.

The same shit goes with Pakistan, if it has money! :thumbsup:

But i guess UAE has full right to deny or approve the deal of its type of aircraft to any nation, and dont forget the relations between UAE and Pakistan..

And NO!! UAE is not QATAR. :wall:

UAE won't allow Pakistanis any where near those F-16s without Uncle Sam's approval

how much potent will JF-17 become after installation of any radar I had mentioned in my previous post? will Vixen (its coverage area as per site seem impressive) make JF-17 enough capable that it can face any threat posed by IAF below 5th gen fighter they have?? and how much capability Zuke AESA will give if PAF had to go with it due to some reason??
I have to say this: But it all depends on the quantity and quality of training the PAF is willing to allocate to its pilots to fully exploit the capabilities of any ESA system.

Look at it this way...If all you have is experience on the single shot bolt action rifle and all of a sudden you are handed a .50 cal, how are you going to use the newer weapon ? The EXACT same ways as you have with the old weapon. You will be hesitant to use it in full auto because you are afraid of its constant recoil, which affects your aim which will lead you to convince yourself that you are wasting ammunition, and so on. Your combat tactics may never change because you will still allocate the same amount of soldiers to achieve A, B, and C objectives when, if properly trained, you will need less to achieve all three.

The lethality of a weapon lies far far less on its technical features than it is on how to maximize its capabilities, whatever they maybe.

With a ESA system, instead of waiting a few seconds for at least a couple sweeps to secure target locations, now you can do it in two or less seconds. How are you going to use this to get your flight into superior positions ? By repeated training and with increasingly difficult opponents -- like US, for example. How long can your air-air missiles be slaved into the ESA system ? The longer the better, of course, because you want the missile to have as much high quality target data as possible when its own radar finally acquire the target in the 'sure kill' zone. You do this by flying op-air as much as possible. It does not matter even if all Pakistan can afford is the lesser PESA type. Anything is better than the classical concave dish or planar type. Their days are over.

Back
Top Bottom