What's new

Pak to ban Foreign news channels !!

This is great, how will banning news channels help?

Just coz their is a view contrary to yours it cannot be snuffed. In any case can it be snuffed ?

Information will still flow, will they want to censor the net next ?

Though true, it hardly relates to this situation. Its the cable operators who are threatening the ban.

Thank you for accepting the truth; the cable operators can be suitably motivated by only a few phone calls. ;)

Isn't this the norm the world over ? Not to make a sweeping statement but the American populace is not really known for its political acumen. There is a difference between being educated and enlightened, don't you think ?

Yes. I fully agree with this too. :D

It is funny, they watch saas bahu serials but ban BBC.

Saas Bahu Serials....Keep living in the dream you are living...If your newspaper are saying we Pakistanis love to watch Saas Bahu Serials...dont blindly trust them,,,,here no one wwatch that serials in Pakistan....Often we used to make fun of your dramasin a family gathering...and i am saying to you 100% truth and nothing more.
Some Bahus may be watching those serials....which i dont know but most of the people have now switched to a better Pakistani drama.
Man agar aik baar Pakistani dramas dekho gey gey na tu Lanat bhejho gey apney Saas Bahu serials per.

I don't understand, Who will they try to convince in Pakistan ? Who will listen or accept their doucmantry/rubbish ? lol. .. I just have one thing to say, "We ain't that dumb!"...

I agree, we must stop and ban all Indian channels. "saas and bahu kabhi thee" lol. They have destroyed our culture. Whenever by accident i flip to Indian news channels, there is always dramatic/bollywood like news.

Indian NMews channels are already banned in Pakistan...Where you are getting those channels???
Saas Bahu stuff....keep it coming atleast we have some good stuff to laugh at in family gatherings.

It is funny, they watch saas bahu serials but ban BBC.

If they ban saas bahu serials, then it's one less reason to blame India for their misfortune! we don't want that.. do we? anything that keeps the public under the burner.. keep it going!!

Of course. Keeping the local population ignorant always helps the elite maintain their hold on power in Pakistan! ;)

The local population isn't ignorant about the situation in Pakistan they know what is happening. Any local population that watches tv regularly are aware of the local politics and tv isn't the only source for information. You really don't know what your talking about.

What are the people ignorant about? Foreign interference? GoP? Laws? Policies? Economy? People in general are aware of the state.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Exactly the more foreign channels in Pakistan will reduce the control of the elites in Pakistan. What a moronic implication.

democary can't prevail if only govt views on a issue been broadcast...

comman man on street should have the idea on both side of the story...

if it's like in court room that only govt lawyer is allowed to talk....

people on street has their own mind too to can decide accordingly... ...

and if the govt or the govt agencies are on foult , only the countrymen can put pressure on them to improve...otherwise govt can block oand brainwash the countiryme which is not good for country in long run..

They can ban all the news channels they want, won't make a difference.

Pakistan people can still get foreign news access through the internet.

Though I'm not sure how much of Pakistan is wired to the online world.

They can ban all the news channels they want, won't make a difference.

Pakistan people can still get foreign news access through the internet.

Though I'm not sure how much of Pakistan is wired to the online world.

Just wait a few days.

Of course. Keeping the local population ignorant always helps the elite maintain their hold on power in Pakistan! ;)

atleast someone here has some brains, we need more people like you.

Swap Pakistan with US and your statement still holds water ;)

Americans are among the smartest people on the planet. They didn't become the world's sole superpower for nothing.

An average American has limitless avenues to expand his/her mental horizon. Same cannot be said for Pakistanis.

Come out of your shell. America is not what Hollywood tells ya.

Back
Top Bottom