What's new

Pak Navy test-fires missile from warship

Currently china has no sea based cruise missile and Pakistan does not have a sea based ballistic missile.
So what ever Pakistan tested on Friday cannot be an 'off the shelf' from china.

Currently china has no sea based cruise missile and Pakistan does not have a sea based ballistic missile.
So what ever Pakistan tested on Friday cannot be an 'off the shelf' from china.

Hazreen-e-Majlis, Gustakhi Mohaf :D albeit, the subject not being my Qila, but i believe the 801/802 are both sea based cruise missile systems. ?? !!

C.801 ANTI-SHIP CRUISE MISSILE
TYPE - SHIP LAUNCHED ANTI-SHIP MISSILE AKA HY-5 AND YJ-8
WARHEAD - 220 LB. (100 KG) CONVENTIONAL
RANGE - 22 MILES
WING SPAN - 4 FEET
LENGTH - 21 FEET
WEIGHT - 1,588 POUNDS
ENGINE - SOLID PROPELLENT BOOSTER/ROCKET SUSTAINER
GUIDANCE - ACTIVE MONO-PULSE RADAR HOMING SEA SKIMMER
GPS SUPPLIED BY ROCKWELL
SPEED - MACH .8 AT SEA LEVEL

I think we only know half the story.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's Navy successfully test-fired a series of missiles and torpedoes Friday in what it called a message to “nefarious” forces — an apparent reference to longtime rival India.
While the two nuclear-armed neighbors have taken slow steps toward restarting peace talks, they also have a history of using weapons tests as a form of diplomatic saber rattling.
The missiles were launched from aircraft, submarines and ships in the Arabian Sea
. It was not immediately clear if the weapons were capable of carrying nuclear warheads.
Both countries regularly test their missile systems, and usually notify each other ahead of such launches in keeping with a diplomatic agreement.
But Friday's launches were followed by a navy statement saying the tests showed the navy's commitment to “defending the motherland.” It added: “This strike capability would also send a message of deterrence to anyone harboring nefarious designs against Pakistan.” Such statements have been rare in recent years, as the two nations have struggled to keep their peace process limping along. Late last month, India and Pakistan held their first official talks since the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks, which India blamed on the Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba.
It was not clear whether the statement was an intentional attempt to stir the diplomatic waters, but similar wording has been used in the past to send warnings to New Delhi.
Other Pakistani officials refused to expand on the navy statement.
Indian officials could not immediately be reached for reaction. However, Indian Home Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram said at a Friday speech in New Delhi that Pakistan has been a “very difficult neighbor” since independence from Britain in from 1947.
He added, though, that “war is not an option.” “We must talk when we can, at other times we have to simply be vigilant and alert,” Chidambaram said.
India and Pakistan have fought three wars since they gained independence.
The two countries began talks aimed at resolving their differences over the Himalayan region of Kashmir and other disputes in 2004. India put the peace process on hold soon after the Mumbai attacks.
Pakistan is trying seven men on charges they planned and carried out the Mumbai attacks, which left 166 people dead, but the militant network blamed for the assault continues to operate relatively freely in Pakistan.

Pakistan Navy test-fires missiles in Arabian Sea | ArabNews

Interesting.

Submarine?
ships?
and aircraft?

kia baat ha.

aik to bata dete. :(

Hazreen-e-Majlis, Gustakhi Mohaf :D albeit, the subject not being my Qila, but i believe the 801/802 are both sea based cruise missile systems. ?? !!

C.801 ANTI-SHIP CRUISE MISSILE
TYPE - SHIP LAUNCHED ANTI-SHIP MISSILE AKA HY-5 AND YJ-8
WARHEAD - 220 LB. (100 KG) CONVENTIONAL
RANGE - 22 MILES
WING SPAN - 4 FEET
LENGTH - 21 FEET
WEIGHT - 1,588 POUNDS
ENGINE - SOLID PROPELLENT BOOSTER/ROCKET SUSTAINER
GUIDANCE - ACTIVE MONO-PULSE RADAR HOMING SEA SKIMMER
GPS SUPPLIED BY ROCKWELL
SPEED - MACH .8 AT SEA LEVEL

Sea skimming anti ship and land attack cruise are different types of missiles...
China does not have any installed,up and running land attack cruise missile like Tomahawk.
Or i couldnt find one.

Plus C-80x cannot be used as nuclear deterrant...for that china relies on SLBM.
While Pakistan dies not have any water craft large enough to launch an SLBM and does need SLCM for nuclear deterrant,which china cannot offer at the moment.

Sea skimming anti ship and land attack cruise are different types of missiles...
China does not have any installed,up and running land attack cruise missile like Tomahawk.
Or i couldnt find one.

Plus C-80x cannot be used as nuclear deterrant...for that china relies on SLBM.
While Pakistan dies not have any water craft large enough to launch an SLBM and does need SLCM for nuclear deterrant,which china cannot offer at the moment.

No NO my brother
DH-10 is a LACM
DH-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CJ-10 is something like Babur at present with multi tubes variant
CJ-10 (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting.

Submarine?
ships?
and aircraft?

kia baat ha.

aik to bata dete. :(

Yaar Logou.......PTV was showing footage of the missiles firing in it's news last night....surprised none of you guys can dig it up. !!

J-10B no money to buy.
Qing class no money to buy.
JF-17 upgrades,no money to arrange.

Yourself being a resident Pakistani unlike us the expats,has the responsibility of voting in an honest government.
If that happens,enough money will be available to buy all the goodies.
Until then lets have a party of speculations,join in.

No money to buy thanks to the dictators and corrupt democrats who were more in for securing their places, always creating a paranoia .... Voting a right person doesnot always get justified ..There were also people like bhutto towards whom people saw with hope but don't forget he also had the role to play in fall of dhaka .... And the army who always had the blind support of this nation ; not even a single person out of them who came to power did anything good to this nation....

Where votes are sold for a cup of tea, a plate of biryani or coz some party has entertained the rural people with refurbishing of houses, providing stuff like TV, refrigerators

Where there is un-employment and jobs are given near election to get votes and poor people don't have any other choice to accept and vote. where literacy rate is so low and people don't even know what their vote amounts for .There only one like mine vote doesnot hold any value

Its not about the individual rather a nation as a whole ,an individual can change himself but not the nation on his own alone...When i look at the faces of these people it unwillingly make me think "damn! these people doesnot deserve to get good"

Until you can't change the whole structure from bottom to top and doesnot educate masses no-ones vote gonna make any difference.... feudal will vote feudal, businessman will vote for businessman , radicals will vote for radicals and the poor public will vote for those who will best manipulate them during election

Everyone has looted this country except those who have not gotten a chance .....This country is like an orphan ; to whom everyone cares just to grab the good things it has ....

May it be the politicians or top hierarchy of military everyone gets part of their chunk ; except the very rare fews and those few are always at the mercy of the former

And it remains unsubstantiated whether it was a C-802 to begin with or not !

I believe it was confirmed. Otherwise Israeli MOD POL-MIL Bureau Chief Amos Gilad wouldn't want to make a fool of himself by raising an issue with the Chinese Govt without proper proof.

----------------------------------------- EXPORT CONTROLS: CHINA URGED TO DO BETTER ----------------------------------------- ¶7. (C) The admiral said that China will increase its supervision over its export control mechanism. Gilad and Kornbluth complained that during Israel's war with Hizballah, an Israeli naval vessel was hit by a C-802 anti-ship missile supplied by China to Iran, and Israeli citizens were hit by cluster-tipped Katyusha rockets supplied by the Chinese. Gilad and Kornbluth acknowledged that China's export policy prohibits the export of weapons to terrorist groups, but urged China to do better to control its exports. Their Chinese interlocutors responded that (a) they only sell to Iran weaponry of a defensive nature; (b) China does not sell weapons to Hizballah; and (c) "The arms market is open. Whoever has money can obtain any weapons that they want." The Chinese MFA interlocutors said that they had not yet received any formal written request from the Israelis on the matter. Gilad said that he will prepare a paper for the Israeli ambassador to deliver to the MFA.

Readout Of Israel Mod Pol-mil Bureau Chief's Visit To China

I believe it was confirmed. Otherwise Israeli MOD POL-MIL Bureau Chief Amos Gilad wouldn't want to make a fool of himself by raising an issue with the Chinese Govt without proper proof.

Readout Of Israel Mod Pol-mil Bureau Chief's Visit To China

Even if true, Those missiles provided by iran were the replica or so called the iranian version of C-802 so the impact can't be compared with the original version...replica may not always be better and we know iran has the tendency to exaggerate their developments

Exactly.....
The article says.

''At present, only the Second Artillery Corps and the People’s Liberation Army Air Force
(PLAAF) have a LACM capability (the air force’s variant is known as the CJ-10A).
Although the PLAN has anti-ship cruise missiles (ASCM), its vessels do not currently have the means to attack ground targets — a surprising weakness for a power with
growing ambitions.''

Point being.
Whatever PN fired on Friday cannot be tactical/nuclear deterrant if its chinese made.
Cannot be land attack,but can be 'shore attack' if its chinese.

But if its nuclear deterrant,and land attack,it has to be Pakistani,or if chinese then 'inhouse' heavily modified.

Back
Top Bottom