What's new

Pak Mi-17 Heli crashes

Just got off the phone with my source. Major Humayun (Pilot) And Capt Zeeshan (Co-pilot) have survived the crashed. They tried to crash land the helicopter after their descent and were able to save some lives in the process. Rest of the crew embraced shahadat.

As far as the reason for crash is concerned, I won't say anything at the moment. Let's wait for ISPR to come out with the details.

God bless the Pakistan Army Aviation.

this loss should never have been happened but i am glad that pilots survived.

"Our generous US friends recently transferred 2 Afghan Army choppers which too are in debilitated condition."

Not in our inventory. PRC has 200+ Mi 17s. Get them from the chinese...

...you ungrateful wretch.:angry:

"Our generous US friends recently transferred 2 Afghan Army choppers which too are in debilitated condition."

Not in our inventory. PRC has 200+ Mi 17s. Get them from the chinese...

...you ungrateful wretch.:angry:
So, how about transferring something in your inventory or production lines? Leasing?

Mi-17 fleet has been virtually raped during the FATA operations. Our generous US friends recently transferred 2 Afghan Army choppers which too are in debilitated condition.

Judging by that statement, It's quite obvious that you don't know much about our Army Aviation. Pakistan Army Aviation currently owns more than 60 functioning MI-17's. All of them are reasonably upgraded and Aviation's EME regularly keeps their wear and tear in check. Their condition is more than just average.

Judging by that statement, It's quite obvious that you don't know much about our Army Aviation. Pakistan Army Aviation currently owns more than 60 functioning MI-17's. All of them are reasonably upgraded and Aviation's EME regularly keeps their wear and tear in check. Their condition is more than just average.

Are you sure there are 60 of them? From what I know, the number is more close to 30.:secret:

Transferring CH-47 Chinooks would be nice. Who's going to maintain them? Are your logistics in place to accomodate parts? Are your technicians trained to such?

Get it?

We'd like to transfer AH-1S but can only do so after they've been upgraded to F. Who'll pay for the upgrade and, in any case, it would take a year to do so. Sorry. Beez dat way, bro.

Same with Super Cobra- we can ship but can you maintain? No knock on your techs but it's NOT the same bird. So training is involved and our training base for such is in the states. Do you wish to send your techs back here for training especially in a war when they're knee-deep in maintaining the birds you have now? Got some NEW guys in mind for such that AREN'T committed?

Sometimes I marvel at the snap-your-fingers lunacy that prevails among many of you.:disagree:

Forgive my ignorance ..Is it near South Waziristhan or any place like that where the current offensive taking place against terrorists?

lo... a friend of mine i the mornin told me 17 helicopters of pakistan crashed... :rofl: but this thread explains it all..

may the shaheeds rest in peace... ameeen

It happened in Bajaur, not SWA. Being able to read is always an advantage

Locked I don't know the locations of Pakistan..I thought it was near SWA..anyway thanks

]Locked I don't know the locations of Pakistan[/B]..I thought it was near SWA..anyway thanks

Mate, I am a german myself, you should even better know it than me! I found it bcz i READ :disagree:

Transferring CH-47 Chinooks would be nice. Who's going to maintain them? Are your logistics in place to accomodate parts? Are your technicians trained to such?

Get it?

We'd like to transfer AH-1S but can only do so after they've been upgraded to F. Who'll pay for the upgrade and, in any case, it would take a year to do so. Sorry. Beez dat way, bro.

Same with Super Cobra- we can ship but can you maintain? No knock on your techs but it's NOT the same bird. So training is involved and our training base for such is in the states. Do you wish to send your techs back here for training especially in a war when they're knee-deep in maintaining the birds you have now? Got some NEW guys in mind for such that AREN'T committed?

Sometimes I marvel at the snap-your-fingers lunacy that prevails among many of you.:disagree:

Under estimating PAF engineers and PA techs. Check the maintenance record. Only one Cobra lost, was hit by rocket.Russian transport helicopter complete their age anyway.

ya ALLAHmay their souls rest in peace this iis the second crash of a mi 17 do u think they ar ghetting too old?

Back
Top Bottom