What's new

Pak mangoes export to Japan from next year

Aeon

Reaction score
Pak mangoes export to Japan from next year
Published: November 23, 2010

ISLAMABAD - Federal Minister for Food & Agriculture, Nazar Gondal has said that it is extremely encouraging that Pakistani mangoes will reach Japanese markets from next season and Japan has also promised investment in dairy development and horticulture.

The Minister was talking to an eight-member delegation of Japanese agriculturists belonging to renowned Japanese agriculture Cooperative Organization (JA) being led by Yasuhiro Nakagawa, Vice Chairman JA Japan and President JA Group, Kyoto Prefecture.

“We have ample business and investment opportunities for the Japanese investors in Pakistan. We are the world’s fourth largest milk producer and technology to produce by- products from milk would prove extremely beneficial for the Japanese investors. We offer a business conducive environment and opportunities with simple procedures to enter into business deals,” said the minister.

Yasuhiro Nakagawa said that the JA Group is involved in the farmers’ security through credit and insurance policies and marketing their products. He added that the group also deals in providing the latest farm machinery, which makes it to be the biggest group of its kind in Japan.

“We are ready to shift our technology and invest in Pakistan. I have already announced in Japan before my departure that Pakistani mangoes will come into Japanese markets from the next season”, added Nakagawa. Gondal said that Pakistan has the third largest number of animals in the world that provides an excellent opportunity for value addition to milk and processing halal meat that has an enormous market the world over. We are the fourth largest exporter of dates by exporting only 13 per centof the production (0.567m tons).

It could be greatly enhanced through the introduction of modern processing and packaging technology. Technology to process and make juices from citrus and mangoes is another potential area for investment.

Nakagawa assured that he would take concrete and practical step to establish a long lasting business relationship with Pakistan. He said that the group has already established business models in dairy products in Australia and would replicate the same here in Pakistan.

Langra, Anwar Ratol are to fruits to what Toyota are to the Automobiles Industry.

Don't forget Sindhri, in my book, the King of Mangoes right beside the Langra!

The agri sector in Pakistan can pay massive dividends for the country. It remains amazingly strong despite natural disasters and the fact that the gov has hardly ever had a meaningful strategy for it. Literally, in one fell swoop, we can increase our overall agricultural output by 40-60% just by moving to drip irrigation, while cutting water usage by 70% or more. If the government merely focused on this ONE thing, we could increase our GDP by something like 20% in a year or two just due to agriculture and solve our water woes at the same time.

I see massive increase in our agriculture sector in the coming years... mangoes oh well Mangoes are reaching Canada, USA, Japan and many other countries from this/next year

We are going to witness huge export orders for the mangoes in the following years and I hope that does not take mangoes away from the approach of poor peoples in Pakistan.

Stop exporting mangoes .... :angry: :angry:

why not?

if we have increase in export... we should also have increase in production :thinktank:

It will benefit Pakistan in all departments (employment, export, foreign reserves, taxes etc)

Stop exporting mangoes .... :angry: :angry:

:lol:

I love Mangoes too:toast_sign:....but not more than my country.The export sector certainly needs some improvement.

“We are ready to shift our technology and invest in Pakistan. I have already announced in Japan before my departure that Pakistani mangoes will come into Japanese markets from the next season”, added Nakagawa. Gondal said that Pakistan has the third largest number of animals in the world that provides an excellent opportunity for value addition to milk and processing halal meat that has an enormous market the world over. We are the fourth largest exporter of dates by exporting only 13 per centof the production (0.567m tons).
It's good to see some investment coming our way.

I stayed in Japan for more than 2 years. Believe me, to make any successful food exports to Japan, it should go well with some kind of alcohol. It can be marketed it in a way "Langra with Red wine" or "Chausa with Sparkling wine". I am sure it would be an instant hit.

I love Pakistani mangoes.
And specially the "kachha aam (raw mangoe) pickle".
:tongue:

We used to have a remote farm house with hundreds of mango trees. When I was a kid I used to pluck them raw and eat till my teeth went sour. One day there was apparently a fire and most of the trees were destroyed. Those were the days.

Good news. This should be followed by further land reforms. Than only will the poor farmers reap the benefits. Good luck

I stayed in Japan for more than 2 years. Believe me, to make any successful food exports to Japan, it should go well with some kind of alcohol. It can be marketed it in a way "Langra with Red wine" or "Chausa with Sparkling wine". I am sure it would be an instant hit.

What about with Shochu.:smitten:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom