What's new

Pak, Israel on way to establish diplomatic ties

there's no such thing as 'Mullah ideology', either it's Islamic ideology or it's not. Yes i come from Islamic ideology, the tiny lil section in Pak is afraid of this 'Islamic ideology, this forum reflects this tiny lil section and doesn't represent the voice of Pakistan.

nope i'd actually say it's the opposite and people like you are the tiny minorty i think it was obvious when your mullah parties got slaughtered at the elections :rofl:

Pak, Israel on way to establish diplomatic ties

ISLAMABAD – In a development that could trigger a serious political backlash against the government, Pakistan is said to have opened its camp office in Tel Aviv, while the two sides are engaged in a series of covert talks to find out possibilities to establish direct links, top-level diplomatic sources told TheNation.

Most interesting part of this episode is that a prominent politician who is also the chief of a religious party, has played vital role in bringing the two sides at a point which could lead Pakistan, following footsteps of Turkey, to recognise Israel in near future.

Sources told TheNation that Pakistani authorities including a prominent politician belonging to a religious party, have been holding talks with Israeli authorities, which took place in Paris and London recently.

When contacted by this correspondent on telephone, FO Spokesperson Abdul Basit strongly denied such reports and saying Pakistan’s policy towards Israel was very much clear and it was using no backdoor channel to establish link with Israel.

It is pertinent to mention here that Pakistani authorities, keeping in view Israel ‘s position in global scenario, have many a time met Israeli authorities on different occasions in the past. Israel and Pakistan are key allies of the US, and there have been indications of warming ties between them.

In 2005, Israel’s then-foreign minister, Silvan Shalom met his Pakistani counterpart, Khurshid Mehmood Kasuri, in Turkey, sparking protests from Islamic hard-liners in Pakistan. In September 2006,

Musharraf had said Pakistan’s government would have to recognise Israel after an independent Palestinian state was established-but not before. “We cannot do something that sidelines us from the Muslim world,” Musharraf had said at that time. Another secret meeting between former President Musharraf and Israel’s defence minister took place in Paris in January 2008.

The two states have no diplomatic ties, and their officials rarely meet. But Musharraf and Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak held a scheduled 20-minute meeting in January 2008 in Paris.

Pak, Israel on way to establish diplomatic ties | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

It seems that in its present Position i.e. suffering from the after effects of the Horrendous Floods, the USA which has given close to US Dollars 75 Million and has pledged another 125 Million or so whereas Pakistan’s Bestest Friend - China - has as yet contributed less than US Dollars Two Million, Pakistan has been prevailed upon by the USA to recognize Israel as Quid Pro Quo for getting further Aid, which Pakistan needs urgently to the tune of may be US Dollars 10 Billion.

The next few months should bring out the full picture.

As such we will have to wait and see.

Well China has just announced another donation of 7 million usd which makes total of 9 million.I am sure with time it will donate more.It was among the top 3 donors during 2005 earth quake.
TO OP: I too strongly support establishment of diplomatic relations with Israel.

Well wat have we done for the paletinian coz just by not accepting israel?
NOTHIN

We might help the palestinians in some way by accepting israel and makin progress like tukey.

We should accept israel and look for a peaceful and progressive future...

For all of you advocating acceptance of Israel;
the question is not so much of acceptance, rather more of accepting which Israel ?

Pay Attention: Israel was formed after a massive land grab in 1940s; this went on with further land grab which the arabs lost.

Israel recognizes this land as part of the country.

So if you accept Israel do you accept it as it is today ?
which means we accept that Israel can annex Arab / Palestinian land?

Or do we accept israel as it was made originally, even then the land can not be justified .

third option is to accept Israel and let arabs and jews fight it out amongst them selves; I am not sure how practical this will be.

Some one please answer this paradox ?

Well China has just announced another donation of 7 million usd which makes total of 9 million.I am sure with time it will donate more.It was among the top 3 donors during 2005 earth quake.
TO OP: I too strongly support establishment of diplomatic relations with Israel.

China really should donate more. :cheers:

The reason it's not so fast this time, is because we are also struggling with flooding and landslides in the Central provinces.

As to the current topic, I think it's a good idea to establish diplomatic relations with everyone. Communication is always a good thing, even with Governments that you oppose.

pakistan will being most beneficial from this friendship with israel.,todat israel is HUGE HOUSE power...if we(and more muslim nation) develop friendship with israel,then israel will feel less insecure and feeling more safe!! this way we can make stituation easier for palestinan brothers & sisters.

let face the truth! israel is going to live for a long time...where are million of jew going to go?

nope i'd actually say it's the opposite and people like you are the tiny minorty i think it was obvious when your mullah parties got slaughtered at the elections :rofl:

i'm not from the Mullah parties and i really don't care if they win or lose, it's just the lil tiny secular mindset that anyone who calls for Islam is automatically related to mullah parties~ Plz wake up :cheesy:

then lets see What this giant majority of seculars can do, all i see is talk talk rant rant from them. Plz move on with u'r plan to accept israel~ best of luck :lol:

Back
Top Bottom