What's new

Pak Increases Defence Budget by 10-15%

That is a great idea in theory, but will never work in practice Sir @Arsalan .

The problem is the lack of credibility over any government figures, not just the defense budget, no matter what level of detail is employed. The defense budget, for example, does not include the military pensions or the nuclear programs, or arbitrary "end-of-year" adjustments via ad hoc grants. The debt interest and principal payments are not properly disclosed. The inflation figures are a joke. That is the real issue. And if we want the truth about our national finances, there are other much better places to start.

However, I will remind you of the famous movie line about wanting the truth but not being able to handle it.

What do u think is the actual defence budget of Pakistan including pensions, nuke program, etc.?

I m asking just an estimated fig or maybe % of gdp, if u can provide...:undecided:

Last edited by a moderator:
Salaries and pension of Defence sector:

DefenceRelatedSalaries.jpg

MilitaryPension.jpg

Nuclear Program related budget (mostly for civilian programs)

SizeofPSDO.jpg

http://www.finance.gov.pk/budget/Budget_in_Brief_2013_14.pdf

Salaries and pension of Defence sector:

DefenceRelatedSalaries.jpg

MilitaryPension.jpg

Nuclear Program related budget (mostly for civilian programs)

SizeofPSDO.jpg

http://www.finance.gov.pk/budget/Budget_in_Brief_2013_14.pdf

This means that Pakistan spends roughly 20-25% of its total budget on military plus around 50% on Debt interest repayments.

Hardly anything left of the general public in the budget.

Although I think that the increase in defence budget is nominal considering rise in infliation n fall in rupee coupled with the loose internal security situation in ur country n terror attacks.

But if some major reforms r not brought in, i don't know where u guys would be heading....

This means that Pakistan spends roughly 20-25% of its total budget on military plus around 70% on Debt interest repayments.

Although I think that the increase in defence budget is nominal considering rise in infliation n fall in rupee coupled with the loose internal security situation in ur country n terror attacks.

But if some major reforms r not brought in, i don't know where u guys would be heading....

How did you reach to this conclusion........my dear....just check few previous pages of this thread....... only 408 billion will be paid in debt servicing......so my dear what will be % of debtservising out of 3,591 billion total budget.........????

This means that Pakistan spends roughly 20-25% of its total budget on military plus around 50% on Debt interest repayments.

Economy probably is the only part PMLN is very good at.

i dont expect anything else from them like actions against drones or stopping of wot..but i do expect them to bring the economy back to its original growth of 7% before the start of WOT in 2004

How did you reach to this conclusion........my dear....just check few previous pages of this thread....... only 408 billion will be paid in debt servicing......so my dear what will be % of debtservising out of 3,591 billion total budget.........????

those 408billions will be paid through national bonds.
please visit the Official budget thread.and a guy named hasnain has posted a complete detail of it

Multiple anti terrorist operations presently running, army deployed in multiple sectors - the increase in cost and budget is surely justified -

what I am more interested is the $6 Million allotted to ISI for one specific mission - what's the mission? :D

those 408billions will be paid through national bonds.
please visit the Official budget thread.and a guy named hasnain has posted a complete detail of it

loanrepayment.jpg

though I will visit that thread as well but I believe you will also try revisit your understanding..........

Multiple anti terrorist operations presently running, army deployed in multiple sectors - the increase in cost and budget is surely justified -

what I am more interested is the $3 Million allotted to ISI for one specific mission - what's the mission? :D

to create rift among modi and advani..........:devil:

to create rift among modi and advani..........:devil:

If so then waste of money, Advani has already gone bonkers - you guys fed him something contagious when he visited Pakistan last and claimed Jinnah to be secular leader :D

Is this a reward for the Pakistani Armed Forces for allowing the country to be bombed by drones attacks every day since June 18, 2004?

It is army, who is being bombed more than civilians and only if you know, army need permission of President of Pakistan, for shooting even a bird.

In new setup, provincial govt. is responsible for peace in respective province.... and army will come only if they send request to centre but than it has to be declared emergency.

Simple way is PTI buy anti aircraft gun from darra and ask police to shoot it down.

Another indirect way is, long march for blocking the subsidy on fuel, food and weapons going to Afghanistan....

If we can long march for restoration of one eyed iftikhar than we shall also raise voice against the transit aid.

i drew my conclusion on the basis of Table 15 of Chapter 5 about Current Expenditures, the one posted by u marking Pension payments.

N there its written that PKR 1153 billion will be allocated for Interest repayment(both foreign n domestic) n PKR 366 billion will be paid on Foreign debt principle repayment.

But ur statement about PKR408 billion is also true but that would include only Principle Debt repayment of both Foreign Long term(PKR366 billion) + other short term loans(balancing fig.).

Now u can add both interest n principle(1153 + 408 = 1561 billion) to see that nearly 50% of the total Budget(PKR3.5 billion) is allocated for Debt repayment only.

MilitaryPension.jpg

Idk about that i drew my conclusion on the basis of Table 15 of Chapter 5 about Current Expenditures, the one posted by u marking Pension payments.

N there its written that PKR 1.153 billion will be allocated for Interest repayment(both foreign n domestic) b PKR 366 billion will be paid on Foreign debt principle repayment.

So i think ur statement about PKR408 billion might also be true but that would include only Principle Debt repayment of both Foreign(PKR366 billion) + other short term loans(balancing fig.).

Now u can add both interest n principle to see that 50% of the total Current Expenditure(PKR3.2 billion) is allocated for Debt repayment only.......................

These are only the proposed budget figures, which are wrong by a mile and an half by the end of the year.

Rough figures: Two thirds goes to debt, one quarter goes to defense, leaving just under 10% for everything else. Anybody who pretends otherwise does so intentionally.

Inflation has been 100% but the adjustment is only 10%?
Indians shall stop wetting the pants, defence budget is actually lowered.

These are only the proposed budget figures, which are wrong by a mile and an half by the end of the year.

Rough figures: Two thirds goes to debt, one quarter goes to defense, leaving just under 10% for everything else. Anybody who pretends otherwise does so intentionally.

If thats the cases, i hope Nawaz could come up with some better tax reforms else 5 years down the line it won't matter as whoever come to power(PTI/PPP/PLMN) but Pak's economy would be nearly bankrupt.

I mean what wonders one could expect with 10% of budget allocation for all the development n domestic expenditure....:undecided:

Back
Top Bottom