What's new

‘Pak army wants dialogue with India but with all options open’

PA is just buying time, such a waste of time. Itz a easy bet to take, we all know what the results are going to be.

If peace is established, Kashmir issue is peacefully resolved, India is our neighbour and can become a friend in the future. Fighting is in no one's favour, both nations know that very well. Diviedants of a lasting peace in S.Asia alone can cure the historic venom

You really think resolution of Kashmir issue will bring peace between India and Pakistan?

99.5% of his election planks and speeches have been about development and growth and stopping corruption. Pakistan has barely been mentioned more than a couple of times by Modi.

Pakistan is way low on his priority.

I would care less about his election planks and speeches but only when its related to Pakistan even if thats .5% according to you. No leader of my country mentions India like your leaders mention Pakistan. If Pakistan is that low on his priority why mention at all?

They dont run away at first.

First they give vague answers of 'peace' and 'prosperity' and other such nice sounding words.

Once told that India is getting both despite Pakistan, then they run away.

You need to get off from what ever you are smoking. Clearly you consider yourself to be some sort of super power, in reality you are just as third world as you consider us. Difference is while you continue to live in this la la land of yours we don't shy away from reality and as for running away, seriously open a thread and we can see who runs where.

I would care less about his election planks and speeches but only when its related to Pakistan even if thats .5% according to you. No leader of my country mentions India like your leaders mention Pakistan. If Pakistan is that low on his priority why mention at all?
Because Pakistan is a major concern to India.
Because Pakistan is the only unstable State on India's borders from which we have repeated security threats.
Terrorism repeatedly comes from Pakistani soil.

Because unlike every other neighbour of India, the Government of Pakistan can not exercise control over its Army.

I'd be worried if a prime contender for PM in India is unaware of these challenges facing him/her.

You really think resolution of Kashmir issue will bring peace between India and Pakistan?

It will have a domino effect on all other, rather trivial issues. I do think that it will build a lasting peace.

@Contrarian l Using your analogy, i should judge Indian people by the actions of Maoists, Naxals baris, IM, RSS and many other extremist organization's narrative?

You can do better than this.

Have you had attacks on your parliament, terror attacks in your financial district, Attacks on your religious centers, attacks emanating from India, conducted by Indian citizens?

In India's case we have been worst hit victims to state sponsored terrorism emanating from pakistan, thus a solid foriegn policy is needed to any prospective candidate for the top position of the country. If such attacks were emanating from bangladesh, srilanka or any other state, they would feature in election rhetoric too. It is convinent for you to forget that Narendra Modi, and all other politicains across the board have stressed on good relations with the governement of paksitan, but not at the cost of the security of nation. His rhetoric is no different from that of Atal ji's who probably was one of the biggest proponents of peace between the two nations.

Last edited:
The domino effect is real. :agree: The result would be the end of India. There will be peace then, no doubt. A different kind of peace, but still peace.

It will have a domino effect on all other, rather trivial issues. I do think that it will build a lasting peace.

l Using your analogy, i should judge Indian people by the actions of Maoists, Naxals baris, IM, RSS and many other extremist organization's narrative?

You can do better than this.
There is a difference in the analogies. For actions of Naxals, IM, RSS, illegal actions by them result in police action and prosecution. They range from Naxals being attacked, to IM being captured by India even in Nepal, to RSS people being jailed, to many others.

I dont see any prosecution by authorities in Pakistan for what extremists do in Pakistan. Your courts let them free, your judges run to KSA after giving judgements, your politicians ask for no action against these extremists and numerous such instances. That kind of thing very very rarely, if ever, happens in India.

I would respectfully disagree... Untill 1965 India and Pakistan didn't really have any huge issues. UNSC council resolution was in place, Pakistan could have easily initiated the resolution process. the intent was quite malicious and was to force India prop up an existential threat. Ayub Khan ensured that prominence of PA in Pakistani political sturcture will remain stronger than the state itself for atleast a century to come.

As far as kashmir is concerned, neither side are serious about anything, there is no comprehensive framework ever designed to resolve anything between the two state. Even the entire drama of musharaaf and singh almost signing some deal was more or less a watershed to maintain status quo.

The hostility is more deep rooted than just kashmir on both sides and is evident from the lack of intent on solving anything. Both nations are expecting to gain the upperhand in the future and will let issues hang. The only pragmatism on both sides selfishly comes when it is about making money. Everyone is up for trade but no one gives a crap human suffering

Good idea keep on backing state assets aka 26/11 style :disagree: and perhaps there will not be another PNS Mehran attack :lol:

You got to wonder why most of the worlds terror plots from 7/7 to the Paris killer had training or direct links to jihadis in Pakistan but they still like to play good terrorist and bad terrorist game :crazy: in the end it will be more Pakistanis getting blown to bits though as once they are unleashed they will no longer be controlled by the state and form their own aims.

Last edited:
I disagree. There have been no more than a couple of mentions about Pakistan in what has been the most grueling campaign anyone has undertaken. Hardly a priority.

You can disagree all you want, Statements from Modi proves my point. fact is Modi is as obsessed with Pakistan as his predecessor were. If Pakistan is that low on India's priority list as said by your fellow country man, why bother mentioning it in the 1st place?

That is why I said a solution that India is interested in. What you have stated is the standard Pakistani wishlist, not something that India would much care for. Fear of possible wars, economic benefits are not really things that India alone should be concerned with. Cost is another non-issue, the army will have to still be deployed somewhere. Peace won't mean disarmament. Nothing I have seen suggests any logical reasoning for a change in the Indian position. As usual Siachen doesn't get touched even. The point here is for those Pakistanis who keep suggesting that talks are necessary to offer up any theoretical position that could even remotely interest the party that has the "upper hand". Wishes & dreams are not about to cut it.

What i stated was not a wishlist but a thought to ponder upon.You asked me a question about benefits and i gave you a logical answer. You disagree with that, fine by me but let me say this A Pakistan's wishlist would not include making the entire region autonomous but rather under Pakistan control as most of Pakistan's rivers flow from Kashmir. That is not what I said. Your army is in a state of war in Kashmir, that will not be the case once core issues are addressed. Moreover addressing core issues has nothing to do with disarmament. It will be foolish to think otherwise but again India would have less to worry about and instead focus more on economic development of its people, matching that of China. India is still nowhere near a developed world. Stop living in fantasy world.
And I did not brought in Siachen because my reply was focussed on the advantages of addressing core issues and not because Pakistanis run away. If issues like Kashmir can get settled how long will it take for matters like Siachen to get sorted out.

Because Pakistan is a major concern to India.
Because Pakistan is the only unstable State on India's borders from which we have repeated security threats.
Terrorism repeatedly comes from Pakistani soil.

Because unlike every other neighbour of India, the Government of Pakistan can not exercise control over its Army.

I'd be worried if a prime contender for PM in India is unaware of these challenges facing him/her.

Here you are contradicting yourself. On one hand you say Pakistan is hardly .5% of India's agenda and than you say Pakistan is a major concern to India. First make up your mind either we are a major concern to India or we are not than we can move on to other issues of what we are.

Last edited:
Here you are contradicting yourself. On one hand you say Pakistan is hardly .5% of India's agenda and than you say Pakistan is a major concern to India. First make up your mind either we are a major concern to India or we are not than we can move on to other issues of what we are.
Let me try to make this crystal clear for you.

The number 1 concern of India and in India is the economy and development on which these elections have been fought.

As being the prime contender for the post of PM, the candidates have to give their opinion on a variety of topics.
Amongst those variety of topics includes the issues of security of India and Indians.
Foremost amongst that is the issue of Pakistan. Pakistan is the prime source of instability in India - from elections to having a country where the Army does not work under the elected Government of Pakistan.

For a variety of reasons Pakistan is the single biggest foreign issue of concern to India.

I am sure that you have gone to a foreign country or observed elections in different countries. This is exactly the same.

Have you had attacks on your parliament, terror attacks in your financial district, Attacks on your religious centers, attacks emanating from India, conducted by Indian citizens?

In India's case we have been worst hit victims to state sponsored terrorism emanating from pakistan, thus a solid foriegn policy is needed to any prospective candidate for the top position of the country. If such attacks were emanating from bangladesh, srilanka or any other state, they would feature in election rhetoric too. It is convinent for you to forget that Narendra Modi, and all other politicains across the board have stressed on good relations with the governement of paksitan, but not at the cost of the security of nation. His rhetoric is no different from that of Atal ji's who probably was one of the biggest proponents of peace between the two nations.

And 71 was done by aliens from mars :disagree: India had nothing to do with it. What about Sarbijeet Singh, I believe he was here to spread the message of love right and those blasts were for diwali celebration. You are a Think Tank, act like one.

Back
Top Bottom