What's new

Pak aiming to rake up Kashmir issue, experts warn

lmaoo nope even god doesn't like traitor kashmiris :P

Yes there are many many variations, but overall, as a whole, it is the same culture and ideology!

LOLOOL :rofl: uncle you should be banned!

You're analytically skills are impeccable ! :lol:

Oh you had better hope not. I would relocate the whole population- whatever it takes. Who's going to stop us, Barack Obama? :lol:

Your compatriots can keep hoping for US/UN/UK to intervene- but we are the one's taking part in financing bailout packages in the EU and serving up some Szechuan for the yanks.:)
@Armstrong haath pair bohot marte ho tum butt sahib. Jao ZY se maafi mango- be a man- do the right thing! :angry:

ME :stop: mwuahahaaha LOL

You're analytically skills are impeccable ! :lol:

Oh please, I am just not in the mood to argue with YOU, my deaR uncle, on eid! :P

speaking of which, HAPPY EID :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh please, I am just not in the mood to argue with YOU, my deaR uncle, on eid! :P

How did I write such a grammatically messed up sentence ! :blink: :ashamed:

I don't want to argue with you either - You know they say 'little kids should be allowed to say what they want to say' :)

Khair Mubarak - Now wheres my Eidi ? :yay:

How did I write such a grammatically messed up sentence ! :blink: :ashamed:

I don't want to argue with you either - You know they say 'little kids should be allowed to say what they want to say' :)

Khair Mubarak - Now wheres my Eidi ? :yay:

Hahaha yeah I was like...is he okay, that's so not like him :P

Yeah you're right, so I shoul allow you to say whatever you want :D :D

Lmaoo ehem ehem, you're the grandpa, you should be giving me eidi :P

ME :stop: mwuahahaaha LOL

You, with what army behind you? The Marines who wouldn't want to take another crack at the surrounding region for a long time to come or the ISI which is a bit more busy tackling attacks on its own offices? We don't have it easy, I'll give you that. There are times when the terrorists get a score, we have naxals and we have other insurgencies. We lose brave soldiers and innocent citizens, we don't always come out unscratched and sometimes some of us are not on the right side. We have a leaky border up north and we have a powerful China poking us. BUT we have weathered all of this. Your compatriots like to jape that India has 27 insurgencies in its territory, an out of date number, but still despite all of that we are the one's progressing. Despite all of that we are the ones with the moolah and the pull while Pakistan has killed its economy just handling three terror organisations. 27 to 3 and just a decade of having them at your throats and you're the one's who are persistent and resilient?:azn:

Keep at it, maybe in another 65 years you'll capture another Indian post on the LOC along Drass or Batalik- although if we go at that rate we might end up gobbling another 1000 square miles and keep it or take another Turtuk. :D

AND @Armstrong is right on this one, there are many similarities and many shared cultural traits. These things can be assets but it does not take away from the fact that there are significant cultural and social differences too.

You, with what army behind you? The Marines who wouldn't want to take another crack at the surrounding region for a long time to come or the ISI which is a bit more busy tackling attacks on its own offices? We don't have it easy, I'll give you that. There are times when the terrorists get a score, we have naxals and we have other insurgencies. We lose brave soldiers and innocent citizens, we don't always come out unscratched and sometimes some of us are not on the right side. We have a leaky border up north and we have a powerful China poking us. BUT we have weathered all of this. Your compatriots like to jape that India has 27 insurgencies in its territory, an out of date number, but still despite all of that we are the one's progressing. Despite all of that we are the ones with the moolah and the pull while Pakistan has killed its economy just handling three terror organisations. 27 to 3 and just a decade of having them at your throats and you're the one's who are persistent and resilient?:azn:

Keep at it, maybe in another 65 years you'll capture another Indian post on the LOC along Drass or Batalik- although if we go at that rate we might end up gobbling another 1000 square miles and keep it or take another Turtuk. :D

AND @Armstrong is right on this one, there are many similarities and many shared cultural traits. These things can be assets but it does not take away from the fact that there are significant cultural and social differences too.

All I said was "me" and you went hard, I didn't know I intimidated you that much :rofl: jkjk

Dillinger, at the end of the day all these countries and borders are constructs. We are all one people. Can't speak for others, but I am not and have never been against india's progress, infact when my indian friend criticises india I get mad at her and same goes for Pakistan. It's not about being better than one another or competing...it's about improving lives on both sides of the border. As for the people, I disagree, there isn't much of a difference, the mentality and ideology of both countries and its people are the SAME. If we can live in the US, under the same laws together with sooo many different cultures, it is possible for india and pakistan to get along as well.

All I said was "me" and you went hard, I didn't know I intimidated you that much :rofl: jkjk

Dillinger, at the end of the day all these countries and borders are constructs. We are all one people. Can't speak for others, but I am not and have never been against india's progress, infact when my indian friend criticises india I get mad at her and same goes for Pakistan. It's not about being better than one another or competing...it's about improving lives on both sides of the border. As for the people, I disagree, there isn't much of a difference, the mentality and ideology of both countries and its people are the SAME. If we can live in the US, under the same laws together with sooo many different cultures, it is possible for india and pakistan to get along as well.

ONLY if you're the one running Pak. Then we can make a deal. AND only if @Hyperion agrees to tell me who he really is- I need to know whether he's bald or not? :P AND I want Butt sahib shackled and locked up FAR FAR away! Then we can talk about peace.:kiss3:

Ms. ZYXW :P

I concur, but people ave to stop seeing these two states as enemies. Personally, I don't see any difference between India and Pakistan other than economic and political. The people are the same, the culture is the same and the ideology is the same.

You don't see any difference between india and pakistan :what:and about which culture are you talking ??we have some similarities but our differences are more then it.

From how many years you are living in USA?

I am sorry, I value Indian Soldiers life more... It is more precious than the life of a terrorists...

Ha ha ha....No one is looking for Pakistani friendship! Let India concentrate on the economy, everything will fall in place!

Sweet dreams:sleep:

Can we just not Revive Balochistan Isugrency
Accepted we cannot stop pakistanis from helping Kashmir Insugrency
But we can take revenge on these people

Ms. ZYXW :P

I concur, but people ave to stop seeing these two states as enemies. Personally, I don't see any difference between India and Pakistan other than economic and political. The people are the same, the culture is the same and the ideology is the same.

While sitting US obv it looks same other wise ideology way different than you can imagine,

one hint Holly COW

Sweet dreams:sleep:

ha ha ha... very good debate... @mods why are you allowing these one liners?

Anyways, Let me give you some assignment to read!

"Since 1947, Pakistan has devoted a considerable portion of its national resources to balancing India, leading Ayesha Jalal to describe Pakistan's political economy as defence oriented rather than development oriented.5 Throughout the 1950s, Pakistan spent around 4 per cent of its Gross National Product (GNP) on defence. While the impact of this high level of defence spending is in dispute, this was seen as essential by the Pakistani political elite.6 Prime Minister Khwaja Nazimuddin did attempt to reduce defence spending in the early 1950s, but his successor, Mohammed Ali Bogra, quickly reversed the decision, and defence expenditure continued to remain high.7 By the late 1960s, Pakistan's defence expenditure consumed almost 6 per cent of the GNP, while the Indian figure was about half of this. Despite bearing only half the burden, in absolute terms, India still spent between six and seven times what Pakistan spent on defence.8 In 1970, Pakistan spent 5.75 per cent of its GNP on defence, which amounted to $325 million (in current dollars); India spent 2.99 per cent of its GNP, but this amounted to $2.43 billion. By 1975, Pakistan was spending 6.28 per cent of its GNP on defence, amounting to $622 million, while India, spent 3.32 per cent of its GNP on defence, a total of $3.3 billion.9 Through the rest of the decade, Pakistan's defence burden of 5 per cent of GNP remained nearly twice as high as India's. India's defence burden increased in the 1980s, staying consistently over 3 per cent of its GNP, and Pakistan kept pace, raising its defence budget to more than 6 per cent of its GNP.10 Indian defence spending has since come down, staying mostly below 3 per cent of GNP through most of the 1990s, but Pakistan's defence budget has remained high even through the 1990s, mostly above 6 per cent of GNP."

Neorealist Theory and the India-Pakistan Conflict*-II

The author says that Kashmir was NEVER the sole dispute between India and Pakistan.... But it is Pakistan's persistent effort to balance India... "Pakistan's position is odd: it is not so weak as to need to bandwagon, but neither is it strong enough to balance India alone."

So it is just the economy....India has to concentrate on the rupee devaluation and faltering economy! Everything will fall in place.

"Without its external military alliances Pakistan's capacity to balance India was inadequate, if not negligible."

All India has to do is make it negligible even with Pakistan's external military alliances!

I agree...but this political war going on betwn the two states started because of and is maintained by both states. It's not th people, just the politicians. If the politicians change, instead of manipulating into hating, they can manipulate the people into getting along...as for kashmir, I don't think either side is truly happy with the status quo, but in the case of kashmir, what either side thinks shouldn't matter, all that should matter is what the Kashmiris as a whole want :)

LOL:lol:

1. It is not the politicians from Pakistani side... It is the Pakistani Army... they don't want to lose their significance for ever and most of the Pakistani history, It was ruled by army!
2. FYI, The Kashmir cause is still fresh in many Pakistani minds, There are many terrorist who are safe in Lakhvi are safe in jails as they were safe in their MIL's place! Many Anti-India terrorist cum gangsters like Dawood Ibrahim are safe in Pakistan! And many terrorist leaders like Hafiz Sayeed who hold rallies!
3. Pakistan is telling that Kashmir was the whole issue, but it isn't... The core issue is balance of power... which Pakistan could not attain till now!
4. After killing ALL Kashmiri Hindus, driving them out of Kashmir, then brainwashing the Muslim youths and sending the terrorists into India to kill unarmed civilians and changed the whole demographics... Integrity of India is much important than what some brainwashed individuals think!

1. It is not the politicians from Pakistani side... It is the Pakistani Army... they don't want to lose their significance for ever and most of the Pakistani history, It was ruled by army!
2. FYI, The Kashmir cause is still fresh in many Pakistani minds, There are many terrorist who are safe in Lakhvi are safe in jails as they were safe in their MIL's place! Many Anti-India terrorist cum gangsters like Dawood Ibrahim are safe in Pakistan! And many terrorist leaders like Hafiz Sayeed who hold rallies!
3. Pakistan is telling that Kashmir was the whole issue, but it isn't... The core issue is balance of power... which Pakistan could not attain till now!
4. After killing ALL Kashmiri Hindus, driving them out of Kashmir, then brainwashing the Muslim youths and sending the terrorists into India to kill unarmed civilians and changed the whole demographics... Integrity of India is much important than what some brainwashed individuals think!

I understand and agree very much! However, I am against putting the blame entirely on one side...everyone is equally involved and accountable! :)

I understand and agree very much! However, I am against putting the blame entirely on one side...everyone is equally involved and accountable! :)

If you are telling India is involved, then provide the proofs to US, to your all weathered friend China, Provide it to Indian Prime Minister, Drag India to International court and make the UN Security Council to condemn India's action!

If you people expect that India should do what Pakistan wants then, I am sorry it is NOT going to happen!

Pak aiming to rake up Kashmir issue, experts warn

NEW DELHI: Repeated aggressive actions by the Pakistani security establishment and irregulars with its blessings reflects a long-term strategy, and could be aimed at reviving Kashmir issue as South Asia awaits US troop withdrawal from Afghanistan next year.

Experts are beginning to see a long-term strategy behind the repeated provocative actions along the Line of Control (LoC), especially in the Jammu sector. "Going by the ISI's past track record it is certainly planned for the next five-10 years. In 2014, the South Asian scenario is set to see major changes," said former Navy chief and a leading strategic analyst, Admiral Arun Prakash, even as he warned that Pakistani security establishment could be trying to mount pressure on Kashmir.

Prakash said it wasn't impossible to revive militancy in Kashmir, and that is something that the establishment must keep in mind. Once the US pressure on Afghanistan ease, there would be huge amounts of small arms and many Taliban fighters available to be diverted into Kashmir, he said.

The bitter political fight for the 2014 national elections and the perception of government not in control are all adding to a perception of New Delhi being indecisive, some observers said.

C Uday Bhaskar, a former director of the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA), said he was concerned by the repeated incidents of Indian troops being ambushed in the region. "This is the second time such an incident, of a unit getting ambushed, in the last few months. The Army needs to assess why its troops are getting ambushed," he said.

Bhaskar said the Indian Army should have a calibrated response both against the irregulars and the regulars. "That determination should be conveyed at flag meetings," he said. "Concurrently we should reach out to Pakistan's civilian leadership. If India does anything impulsive it would play into the hands of the Pakistani Army, and it will bring it back to some kind of primacy in Pakistan, which is what we do not want. It is a tough call," he said, taking an unpopular line at a time when several experts are calling for linking bilateral engagements with the attack.

Some observers have also suggested that India needs to diplomatically engage the US, China and other global powers so that they could rein in Pakistan. "Even if presume that they were irregulars, without Pakistani establishment's blessings this was not possible," said a senior Pakistani expert in the security establishment.

Link - Pak aiming to rake up Kashmir issue, experts warn - The Times of India

I think Pakistan which is facing severe economic turmoil, terrorism and other internal issues don't want to fight with India at all, but what at most can do is to creat AAA guns and MANPADs post along side border with India and in coast too.

Where as better for India to concentrate on acquiring equipment and keeping a steady pace to become a super power....

Back
Top Bottom