What's new

‘Pained’ to learn that Manmohan did not vote: Modi

IFB

Reaction score
Country
India
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday took a swipe at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for not voting in the recently concluded Assam Assembly elections.

“Today, when we are celebrating the birth anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, I am pained to learn that the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh did not vote in the Assembly elections in Assam,” Mr. Modi said, speaking to reporters at a seminar at the Pandit Deen Dayal Petroleum University here.

“Ambedkarji gave us the Constitution, and the Constitution gave us the right to vote. To know that the Prime Minister did not vote in the Assembly polls is a very saddening act, for the people of the country,” he said.

“It is even more saddening, on the birth anniversary of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar,” Mr. Modi said.

The Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur are registered voters from Assam’s Dispur Assembly constituency, where polling took place on April 11.

The Prime Minister has been a Rajya Sabha member from Assam for the last two decades.

:pop:

He was in China and scheduled to go to Kazakhstan later. Anyway sad that he did nt use his voting rights.

Do they have a mechanism to do a postal vote??

also the congress needs to clarify the Nationality Issue of Rahul Gandhi .. His GF and his real name

He was in China and scheduled to go to Kazakhstan later. Anyway sad that he did nt use his voting rights.

Do they have a mechanism to do a postal vote??

Well he could have sent his vote by "homing pigeon" from China or Kazakhstan or wherever he was.

Of course, he should have also considered giving a 'proxy' to Narinder Mody to vote on his behalf also!

also the congress needs to clarify the Nationality Issue of Rahul Gandhi .. His GF and his real name

Yaar aap log Sach me educated youth of India ho!! Such valid national issue... :Facepalm:

Kya hoga India ka!!

I dont want that Amul baby rahul gandhi to be a political ruler here....Kick him back to Italy

I understand you (and many others ofcource) do not want him to be Pm (including me). That's the beauty of democracy, isn't it? Every body is free to have their own opinion, but the majority always wins.

But I could not figure out why the poor kid (pardon me for calling him a 40 yr old kid) should be kicked back to Italy. Care to explain why he should go back to Italy- that explanation sure would be a epic post.

But I could not figure out why the poor kid (pardon me for calling him a 40 yr old kid) should be kicked back to Italy. Care to explain why he should go back to Italy- that explanation sure would be a epic post.

To bring back his Uncle Ottavio Quattrocchi...:smitten::victory:

I understand you (and many others ofcource) do not want him to be Pm (including me). That's the beauty of democracy, isn't it? Every body is free to have their own opinion, but the majority always wins.

u have the partial answer in ur own post..bolded part by me...
We don't want him to be PM..and I'm sure,if congress wins next elections,his mom,Mrs Sonia gandhi will make him a PM...
I don't wanna see it happen...
That's the reason
we don't want that amul baby ,a useless guy to be in Indian politic...
i think i don't have to explain in detail further

Back
Top Bottom