What's new

PAF to seek more Chinese aircraft, says air chief

Yeh, i fudged up. Why cant the chinese name them summat other than y-8, k-8, lol.

Read my previous post dude.

I guess I forgot to clarify JV in the sense both sides will work on it to make it reach PAF specifications, doesn't necessarily mean their has to be industrial production involved (Hence why I said MoU was signed and both PAF and China will work on the electronics and platform).

Sino-Pakistani defense cooperation has been taken to a new level with China agreeing to collaborate in the production of an airborne warning and control system (AWACS). Pakistan's air force is already collaborating with China in the co-development and co-production of the JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft. With regard to civilian nuclear energy, China, which has already helped build a 300-megawatt nuclear plant and is building another, reaffirmed its commitment to "continue to carry out such cooperation".

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/HK28Df01.html

Pakistan hopes to get around five billion dollar Chinese investment in the next five years. The only significant defence agreement was a joint collaboration to produce airborne radars called AWACS which Pakistan was keen to acquire to counter Phalcon radars being procured by India from Israel.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/nov/26jintao.htm

Now the reason I post this is that I am starting to find it very insulting the general attitude shown by some people. Guess what! There are very smart people who live in Pakistan! And they CAN get some stuff done! For example take a look at the original Super seven design and the JF-17.....

PAF is still involved in wing assembly and some other components of the K8 however due to the fact that the PAF requirements for the K8 were reduced from 80 to 30, PAC did not think it feasible to go down the line of complete assembly/manufacturing the K-8 entirely in Pakistan. Egypt does this after they receive CKD kits from China for their K-8s.

PAC decided to wait out the K-8 issue owing to the pending work for JF-17s and F-16 MLU. The 30 K-8 would be sufficient for PAF academy Risalpur and then for Fighter Conversion at Mianwali as the FT-5s are sent off to retirement. At this point in time, PAC has its hands full with the various projects on-going. K-8 assembly was rejected simply on the basis of reduced PAF requirements.

PAF is still involved in wing assembly and some other components of the K8 however due to the fact that the PAF requirements for the K8 were reduced from 80 to 30, PAC did not think it feasible to go down the line of complete assembly/manufacturing the K-8 entirely in Pakistan. Egypt does this after they receive CKD kits from China for their K-8s.

PAC decided to wait out the K-8 issue owing to the pending work for JF-17s and F-16 MLU. The 30 K-8 would be sufficient for PAF academy Risalpur and then for Fighter Conversion at Mianwali as the FT-5s are sent off to retirement. At this point in time, PAC has its hands full with the various projects on-going. K-8 assembly was rejected simply on the basis of reduced PAF requirements.

What about the F-7's that are going to be phased out they can use those for training?

Yeh, i fudged up. Why cant the chinese name them summat other than y-8, k-8, lol.

Read my previous post dude.

It's simple,Malay, for your interest only:

Y8

Y=yu=Yujing (early warning), "Y" equals to the "E" for EWR (Early-Warning Radar).

Yun8

Yun =Yunshu (Transportation) , "Yun" equals to the "T" or "Trans" for Transport)

and Y8 is based on Yun8 transport.

K8

K for Karakoram. the boundary mountain between Pakistan and China.
K8 was originally China's L-8 in L-series IFSTA (Integrated Flight Test Simulate Aircraft). used as trainer.

then a joint production by PAF and China's Hongdu Avaition Industry since 1986.

L=Lieying (falcon), equals to a "F" for falcon in English,China now has the latest L15 in service.

replace L by K, to mark the first Sino-Pak aircraft collaboration by Mount.Karakoram (stands figuratively for high friendship), and the JV gave it a name "Karakoram Falcon".

Back
Top Bottom