What's new

Over 100,000 people don’t want to live on this planet anymore

Count me in.... where do I apply for it? :smokin:

images

That would be crazy, but in the initial stages it would suck. If would take decades to set up an infrastructure for a human colony. I'm guessing they would be going the bio-dome route, but what they use for a source of energy?

Energy + water is the least of the worries.... there are underground "geological" deposits of gases + small nuclear batteries + some new generation of nuclear reactors .... I don't think there is any problem with energy sources.... most of the problems will be physiological and psychological in nature....

images

That would be crazy, but in the initial stages it would suck. If would take decades to set up an infrastructure for a human colony. I'm guessing they would be going the bio-dome route, but what they use for a source of energy?

I'm thinking of commerce..... what would the colonists trade.........what will be the currency... will they barter..... barter with what........ :cheesy:

You can take the man out of the planet, but you can't take the planet out of the man.

Any colonists will turn Mars into another Earth -- the good and the bad.

^^^^^ Yes, you are right... you can't take me out of me.... :D ^^^^^^^^

Damn Americans. Whites are always first to move out :D first they conquered every part on earth. Australia Newzealand North America Greenland even have camps on Antarctica now they will get Mars and will make their own country/planet there and then rest of the world will be queuing up for visas

actually,the company is based on Netherlands..

The original article in the first post is blocked in Saudi Arabia. Is there something odd about the "Daily Caller" website? :what:

Anyway, while it is good to explore the possibility of life or the idea of colonizing other planets, I don't think humans are going to enjoy living on Mars. In order for their standard of living to be remotely similar to Earth, we are going to have to mimic the Earth's environment down to its very core. This implies replicating not only our planet's atmosphere, but loads of other freaking species are going to have to be transported there for food & the overall maintenance of the environment.

The Earth is the perfect planet for life, for another planet to support human life, it would have to be a replica of Earth. That's why protecting our environment, & minimalizing wastage of resources or even recycling is extremely important. Besides, imagine the psychological impact on the human mind of living in an alien environment.

Count me in. I don't want to live on this planet either :crazy_pilot:

I'm buying a supermarket space there. Pretty soon I can expect the Greek and the Chinese competition to move in :D

Interesting. Some conceptual pictures:

roadmap2022.jpg

roadmap2016.jpg

roadmap2021.jpg

roadmap2024.jpg

there's just one thing i don't understand, it says on their roadmap:

One intelligent Rover and one Trailer are launched. The Rover can use the Trailer to transport the Landers to the outpost location. On Mars, the Rover drives around the chosen region to find the best location for the settlement. An ideal location for the settlement is far enough North for the soil to contain enough water, equatorial enough for maximum solar power and flat enough to facilitate construction of the settlement.

When the settlement location is determined, the Rover prepares the surface for arrival of the Cargo missions. It also clears large areas where solar panels will lie.

http://www.mars-one.com/en/roadmap2018

Rovers that are up there now are not pulling trucks, i'm not entirely sure how theirs would be able to pull the habitat's to outpost location.

#edit:

pfff, application is 45$. :woot:

I will Deffo like to give certain people a one way ticket to Mars!

Back
Top Bottom