What's new

Out of court: Indian films ban petition withdrawn

yeh too bad Spring Onion is having a tilak 24/7 on forehead and bharotis are big admirers of Spring Onion :D

Can I ask Pakistanis a serious question?

Why do you guys watch Bollywood movies?

Seriously?

Shit. Bollywood is even allowed in enemy state but is still unofficially banned in brother state. :undecided:

For your sanity, keep it that way.

Seriously?

we watch hollywood, bollywood whats the big deal?

Those who understand urdu watch Indian movies and almost 99% of Pakistanis who have access to cable, TV, any other mean of watching movies do understand urdu.

Those who like horror, action, martial arts, fiction, light romantic themetic movies, we go for watching Hollywood, also some good art movies along with occasional bollywood ones one or two.

Seriously?

I think I have been told 100 times that pakistani watch bollywood because they understand the lanaguge. Why they dont watch tamil, bengali, malyalam etc

Pakistani watching bollywood dont mean its quality entertainment. You guys are obsessed with such topics

LAHORE:
The Lahore High Court on Monday dismissed the petition against exhibition of Indian films in Pakistan after lawyers from both sides said they had come to an agreement.

The lawyers told the court that the Film Producers Association and Cinema Owners Association had reached an agreement under which 50 per cent Pakistani cinemas would exhibit only local films. They said the professionals associated with the national film industry would benefit from the income generated from exhibition of local films.

They also said that both parties (cinema owners and film producers) would take steps against illegal exhibition of Indian films.

The petitioner, Mubashar Luqman, a private television show host, had told the court that he hoped the issue of smuggled Indian films would be resolved in term of the agreement reached between cinema owners and film producers.

He told the court that he wanted to withdraw the petition. He said he would file a fresh petition against exhibition of Indian soap operas, advertisements, stage shows, game shows and other Indian programmes in Pakistan.

Justice Muhammad Khalid Mahmood Khan recorded the statements and disposed of the petitions as withdrawn.

Out of court: Indian films ban petition withdrawn – The Express Tribune

was that a joke???
I thought they would have gone all the way through.....
The ban lasted for only 2hindi movies namely raj kumar and bullet raja....
The cinema owners seroiusly did not want to miss on the revenue of Dhoom 3....
Im pretty sure that Dhoom 3 is going to break all the records hold in pakistan....
Already shedule and time table for Dhoom3 and bookings r open all across Pakistan....
Happy xmas....:). ppl were unfortunate to not to watch rajkumar in cinemas. and you should be really thankful to mubasher for banning bulletraja.

Back
Top Bottom