What's new

Our economy best in S Asia: Governor

Don't shoot from the hip as is the habit of the BNP fan boys like you. Take a look here:

image002.gif

The BAL took over in 2008. Check out that sexy red line on the graph. So how is it that the economy was doing much better when the BNP was in power as you have mentioned? It started going downhill instead since 2006 and inflation zoomed under the BNP. They were concentrating more on fundamentalism and encouraging the Mullah brigade and busy fanning communalism and sectarian violence for political gains instead of concentrating on the economy. Period!

Saifur Rahman was the Finance Minister of Bamgladesh during the last BNP term. He is regarded as the best economic brain of the country. BNP has mismanaged many things, but it was Saifur Rahman's policies that saved the country from being ruined by some self-centered elements within BNP.

You have put forward a very weak logic to prove that AL in power is the only criteria that has propelled Bangladesh to success. I would not debate many of AL successes, though. A small country with a big population and void of natural resources needs a very long time indeed to accumulate monetary CAPITAL, this you will have to understand. BD lacked this important component, because in the beginning BD had nothing to sell abroad in the 1970s. Jute had already lost is glitter in the face of headon competition with chemical fiber.

BD started with a few hundred million dollars of yearly export. Then a few companies/individuals started to sew clothes in makeshift workshops. This stitching of garments has mushroomed gradually to a mammoth industry that is propelling the economy of the country. Remittances from BD citizens working abroad have also added new muscles to the economy. With it add also our home produced natural gas. Just by luck BD did not have to import a big q'ty of fuel because of the presence of gas.

You have to understand human effort is an essential component of our growth. We did not stop working hard because of bad political climate created by BNP or AL. Both these parties did/doing bad as well as good things. Yesterday, BNP was heavily criticized for nepotism and corruption. Today, it is the turn of AL. However, read the information below to know that GDP was also growing fast during BNP time. Click the link below to see the chart and know what were the growths during BNP time. Where did you get your graph? Hope it is not fabricated.

Bangladesh GDP Growth Rate

Bangladesh GDP Growth Rate:

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Bangladesh expanded 6.30 percent in 2011/2012 fiscal year. Historically, from 1994 until 2012, Bangladesh GDP Growth Rate averaged 5.6 Percent reaching an all time high of 6.7 Percent in June of 2011 and a record low of 4.1 Percent in June of 1994. The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate provides an aggregated measure of changes in value of the goods and services produced by an economy.

Bangladesh is considered as a developing economy which has recorded GDP growth above 5% during the last few years. Microcredit has been a major driver of economic development in Bangladesh and although three fifths of Bangladeshis are employed in the agriculture sector, three quarters of exports revenues come from garment industry. The biggest obstacles to sustainable development in Bangladesh are overpopulation, poor infrastructure, corruption, political instability and a slow implementation of economic reforms. This page includes a chart with historical data for Bangladesh GDP Growth Rate.

The growth rates are all cooked up, the inflation is much higher. Its all cooked up. The banking sector is in crisis, the share market is a joke and the inflation is above 12%.. Hindu Bangladeshis have sold the country for their benefits.

*cough cough*

Why getting all worked up like that? Anyway, don't get personal. And no I don't support BNP - the only political party I ever loved and admired is India's Congress, a party based on Gandhi's ideals. =)

The chart is wrong. The highest GDP growth rate was around 6.7% or close to that value, and it was achieved when BNP was in power.

It's just general knowledge for everyone in BD, including BAL and its fanboys. So you, as a foreigner, look pretty stupid making all those claims based on "some chart" you discovered doing Google search.

There is no Congress based on Gandhi's ideal...even it wasn't so during independence back in 1947.

The growth rates are all cooked up, the inflation is much higher. Its all cooked up. The banking sector is in crisis, the share market is a joke and the inflation is above 12%.. Hindu Bangladeshis has sold the country for their benefits.

So it's not the politicians rather Hindu Bangladeshi...have you had your today's yava dose?

I don't understand.. why, why this BAL fanboyism by some Indians? If you cared to look at the statistics, Bangladesh economy grew the fastest ever during BNP's last tenure.

PS: Let's keep this thread to "congratulating BD's economic growth". Take the political crap somewhere else.

I guess its just a ploy to annoy you guys.And it seems to be working:tup:
Most of you guys hate BAL,right:lol:

It is not AL or BNP that causes BD to develop. These political witches are always there to stab at the back of economy. They take undue advantage of the weakness of a Nation that has not yet been able to establish a strong law enforcement system. Politicians want a BD that will enrich only them and not the people.

Rather, it is the sweat of people that is building a new Bangladesh. I quote what another poster Chinese-Dragon has said,""Bangladesh is doing well, because of the enterprising character of the Bangladeshi people."" I agree to and endorse this opinion.

True but diffrence is that BNP encourage local business whereas Al sufficate them to death. Beside other good reasons, Bd enjoy prosperity during BNP because it's friendly tie with Muslims world and People Republic China. So overall, BNP is better than Awami scum leauge.

There is no Congress based on Gandhi's ideal...even it wasn't so during independence back in 1947.

Exactly! I put that bit in to demonstrate how stupid people sound when they talk about politics and economics of another country! I hope the wannabe statistics guy learns from it. :)

Smart. :coffee: As long as you guys don't pretend to be brain dead and are doing it on purpose, I have no complaints, al all! :)

who gives a ****...they are as corrupt as any BNP. when ever BAL come into power, they would enact policy to increase price of everything, and import many thing. This year until election will be very heated this time.

The growth rates are all cooked up, the inflation is much higher. Its all cooked up. The banking sector is in crisis, the share market is a joke and the inflation is above 12%.. Hindu Bangladeshis have sold the country for their benefits.

Hindu Bangladeshis run the politicians. Whats yava dose?

Whats that supposed to mean? Care to explain?

Back
Top Bottom