What's new

Osmania University beef festival sparks violence

Using different utensils for different religions goes against the idea of secularism.

This Beef festival is first of its kind in India. Lets wait till some nutcases organize pork festival.

The reasons are quit different. Hindus are getting mad since they like the cow. Muslims will be mad because they don't like the pig.

You eating the pig does not matter to us.

Technically you are correct. The state spending more money to separate utensils over Muslim religious beliefs is wrong too. However in hostels money is collected from students for their food. People should get their money's worth. Otherwise you are not maintaining religious freedom by enforcing Muslims to eat pork after taking their money.

Don't worry they will get beef, but I am sure after sometime when they see their mess fees rise they will become vegetarians by choice.

Technically you are correct. The state spending more money to separate utensils over Muslim religious beliefs is wrong too. However in hostels money is collected from students for their food. People should get their money's worth. Otherwise you are not maintaining religious freedom by enforcing Muslims to eat pork after taking their money.
i think the same applies to HINDUS too, do you guys think that we are only making the MUSLIMS to pay in the hostel and HINDUS don't have to, The veg food is more costlier than Non Veg in INDIAN hostels, so take a hike my friend.
For the sake of communal hormoney both Beef and Pork should be banned in Hostels, if any of the individual wants to have these two items, they can take it some fast food chain or restaurants.

Thats all theoretical. There is yet to be a 'Pork Festival' conducted in India especially in a politically charged university like Osmania and as far as I know no religious groups have asked for the inclusion of pork in the hostel menu.

The reasons are quit different. Hindus are getting mad since they like the cow. Muslims will be mad because they don't like the pig.

you guys eating beef in your home or any other fast food also doesn't matter to us. When it comes to a College Hostel, people from every religion is studying and staying there. So preparing NON VEG in such an environment is a recipie for disaster.

This argument does not hold for India.Education in government Colleges and universities is highly subsidised.I am a student and no student can claim this while paying Rs 200/- to Rs 1000/- a month as mess charges in city like Delhi.

Dude all that rambling for nothing. If some Indians eat pork at a public place, how many Muslims pick up hockey sticks and lead pipes to go bash them?

The debate is not about eating something or doing something in "public place", its about inflicting your religious practices on someone elses daily life and choices.

Beef is prohibited for Hindus and due to that say others miss out on beef(in some places)

Muslims do their Jumma prayer on a public road, I want to use the road made by my tax money, I am missing out on my right and choice to use that particular road! Why should a Hindu wait for an hour on the road for the Muslims to finish their religious practices? But Hindus do, no questions asked.

Thats whats Indian secularism is about, managing this harmony, mutual respect.

Look at Dubai. They have mosques and right next to them have nightclubs.

I do not understand this difference in variety of madness.It seems like quite a lame effort to justify hypocrisy on your part.

Look at Dubai. They have mosques and right next to them have nightclubs.

Wrong example.It is illegal for muslims to convert to other religions in UAE.

The debate is not about eating something or doing something in "public place", its about inflicting your religious practices on someone elses daily life and choices.

Beef is prohibited for Hindus and due to that say others miss out on beef(in some places)

Muslims do their Jumma prayer on a public road, I want to use the road made by my tax money, I am missing out on my right and choice to use that particular road! Why should a Hindu wait for an hour on the road for the Muslims to finish their religious practices? But Hindus do, no questions asked.

Thats whats Indian secularism is about, managing this harmony, mutual respect.
No other words required, now the Pakistanis can go have coffee and go to office or school

Ashok you can just shut the hell up.

Here's the million dollar question.

I'm sure beef is not prohibited for all Hindus, so what if a Hindu was attacked by other Hindus for eating beef?

Ashok you can just shut the hell up.

Here's the million dollar question.

I'm sure beef is not prohibited for all Hindus, so what if a Hindu was attacked by other Hindus for eating beef?
Don't you see that we have a good constitution that protects all INDIAN, and its time for you guys to shut the hell up and leave the matters to us INDIANS. your croc tears for HINDUS is just a empty drama as you do the same with Panjabi Sikhs.

Don't you see that we have a good constitution that protects all INDIAN, and its time for you guys to shut the hell up and leave the matters to us INDIANS. your croc tears for HINDUS is just a empty drama as you do the same with Panjabi Sikhs.

You Bhartis come to a Pakistani forum, post these threads, then cry if we discuss them. What in God's name is wrong with you people?

bro i am a christian and i didnt support the govt decision to ban da vinci code. it is an individuals brain child if somebody wishes to see it they should be allowed. this is not a communist country for godsakes... everyone has their own rights and freedom. if i dont like the story of the movie i will not see and that should not mean that the movie must be banned... that is insane...

Tell that too the pastors who made a hue and cry and thatha MK who banned it.

Anyway cow is considered as one of our gods ,for instance, Tamils literally worship it on Maatu Pongal and you know it.So these things directly impinges on our religious sentiments of hundreds of millions of Hindus and we expect others to respect it.

If you want to eat beef eat in your home or go to a hotel which serves it..But organizing such 'fests" and bragging it is stretching the patience of Hindus and is taking it a bit too far.

also one more point i would like to make, till the aryan invasion in india, the native dravidians didnt have any religion. only after 5th centuary AD saivam and vainavam camr into the dravidian society.
reference: Tamil literature.

Aryan invasion theory is BS and has been scientifically disproved. Dont listen to these Dravidian nationalists too much.

Regarding Tamil literature, Tamil lang itself is supposed to gave been given by Lord Shiva through Agattiyar to us Tamils...;)

What is the final opinion ?

Then that is our internal matter....;)

You Bhartis come to a Pakistani forum, post these threads, then cry if we discuss them. What in God's name is wrong with you people?

See this is international form.If you have problem with evil bhartis you can ask administer to ban Indian IP addresses.Until then shut this claptrap of our forum.Without Indians this forum would become the source of mental masturbation for fanboi pakistanis circlejerking each other.

Regarding discussion this thread has run long enough that every aspect of debate has been exhausted.You need only to look towards previously posted material.

Back
Top Bottom