Osama Bin Laden's hideout carved out of Pakistan Military Academy: Book

sanddy

Reaction score
Osama Bin Laden's hideout carved out of Pakistan Military
Academy: Book

compoundosama2_843219q.jpg

WASHINGTON: In a fresh damning
disclosure, a new book has claimed
that Abbottabad house where al- Qaeda chief lived was carved out from Pakistan Military Academy compound and its powerful army chief may have been briefed beforehand on the 'kill Osama mission'.

Leading from Behind: The Reluctant President and the Advisors
Who Decide for Him, penned by
eminent American journalist Richard
Miniter, which has hit the stands,
claims that land of the Abbottabad
compound, where Osama bin Laden lived with his family, was carved out from the elite military academy
compound.

The book also claims that army chief
General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani may
have been briefed by the US on its
operation to kill bin Laden, some five months in advance.

"Pakistan's army chief of staff may
have been briefed in December 2010, five months before the nighttime raid on bin Laden's concrete castle. Far
from taking a risk, there are
indications that a cover story had been developed with the Pakistani
military and that (Barack) Obama had their tacit consent for the mission,"
claims Miniter, a former reporter with
The Wall Street Journal and The
Washington Post.

Bin Laden was killed by US Navy SEALs inside his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan in May 2011.

The book also says a colonel in the
Pakistan's spy agency ISI had
provided vital help to the CIA in
tracing bin Laden.

"A colonel in Pakistan's feared
intelligence service, the Inter-Services Institute or ISI, provided vital help in locating Bin Laden when he walked into the CIA's Islamabad station in August 2010," says the book.

"In a never-before-reported account, Pakistan was more involved in the bin
Laden operation than Obama's team
admitted. When the CIA revealed that an ISI colonel had contacted the CIA in Islamabad and offered information about bin Laden, a debate followed,"
it says.

I really can't comment on the book you mentioned but it is next down the list am going to read, however am in the middle of another book 'Manhunt: From 9/11 to Abbottabad' by Peter bergen , and the accounts in his book are very much different from what you have mentioned, the complex was close to the academy but not that close that it can be carved out of PMA, and these were fields around the compound, they had neighbours, 2 days ago even hamid Mir on Capital Talk mentioned that these two renowned authors are creating very much confusion among the people by giving two different versions of a story.

P.S : on 11 September 2012 , another book ' No Easy Day' is to be released by former Navy Seal ( ST6 ) and he claims about the first hand account, i will be waiting for this too.
Also I will be back tomorrow once I finish the book by Peter Bergen and share what I found in it.

I don't believe it. NO WAY the U.S. tells pakistan ANYTHING. That would have blown the whole thing. And NO WAY a pakistani Colonel just 'walks into' a C.I.A. station without pakistan knowing it. Those places are watched 24/7. I smell B.S. !!

Can anyone clarify:

The book says it cost USD 1 million to build the house/compound and it was having no telephone lines no internet and so on. What was so special about the house that it cost USD 1 million to build?

Can anyone clarify:

The book says it cost USD 1 million to build the house/compound and it was having no telephone lines no internet and so on. What was so special about the house that it cost USD 1 million to build?

The walls were really high I guess. The smallest wall was 10 feet.

Osama Bin Laden's hideout carved out of Pakistan Military
Academy: Book

compoundosama2_843219q.jpg

WASHINGTON: In a fresh damning
disclosure, a new book has claimed
that Abbottabad house where al- Qaeda chief lived was carved out from Pakistan Military Academy compound and its powerful army chief may have been briefed beforehand on the 'kill Osama mission'.

Leading from Behind: The Reluctant President and the Advisors
Who Decide for Him, penned by
eminent American journalist Richard
Miniter, which has hit the stands,
claims that land of the Abbottabad
compound, where Osama bin Laden lived with his family, was carved out from the elite military academy
compound.

The book also claims that army chief
General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani may
have been briefed by the US on its
operation to kill bin Laden, some five months in advance.

"Pakistan's army chief of staff may
have been briefed in December 2010, five months before the nighttime raid on bin Laden's concrete castle. Far
from taking a risk, there are
indications that a cover story had been developed with the Pakistani
military and that (Barack) Obama had their tacit consent for the mission,"
claims Miniter, a former reporter with
The Wall Street Journal and The
Washington Post.

Bin Laden was killed by US Navy SEALs inside his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan in May 2011.

The book also says a colonel in the
Pakistan's spy agency ISI had
provided vital help to the CIA in
tracing bin Laden.

"A colonel in Pakistan's feared
intelligence service, the Inter-Services Institute or ISI, provided vital help in locating Bin Laden when he walked into the CIA's Islamabad station in August 2010," says the book.

"In a never-before-reported account, Pakistan was more involved in the bin
Laden operation than Obama's team
admitted. When the CIA revealed that an ISI colonel had contacted the CIA in Islamabad and offered information about bin Laden, a debate followed,"
it says.
:lol: knew it, US always wants to be the hero

If Kayani was in the know and assisted , why only prosecute the poor Doctor.........

The walls were really high I guess. The smallest wall was 10 feet.

ever been to that area, every house with a compound has 10' Walls. there are either open houses with no boundry walls or 8 to 10 feet walls

Can anyone clarify:

just a propoganda by US, I dont know how they have been evaluating the property market value but it doesnt cost then that

Back
Top Bottom