What's new

Opposition Rally in Dhaka - Potential Turning Point in Bangladesh

We are nobody's backyard. India has always been a Muslim backyard and it will always remain so. Just enjoy a few years of respite while you can, till we recuperate.

Why dont you guys decide first if we are evil yindoo baniyas :devil: or muslim backyard ? :lol:
So lame :tdown:

Its ok.

If you feel embarassed. you can change your flags.

Yeah if u don't like the message, just shoot the messenger. Don't know how are u guys different from the allegedly fascist AL.

Mudslinging aside, extremist ideas will destroy BD. Look at the level of paranoia in the extremists' posts above.

Check Kalu_miah's fundas in new world order thread. Far off from reality and still goes on ranting .. I think we should do this... I think... (you do?). He sound's same as M_saint. Both are self centered egomaniacs.

Why dont you guys decide first if we are evil yindoo baniyas :devil: or muslim backyard ? :lol:
So lame :tdown:

Yeah if u don't like the message, just shoot the messenger. Don't know how are u guys different from the allegedly fascist AL.

Check Kalu_miah's fundas in new world order thread. Far off from reality and still goes on ranting .. I think we should do this... I think... (you do?). He sound's same as M_saint. Both are self centered egomaniacs.

Why, you don't like what I say? The problem is Hindu's believing the crap that Muslims are on a world conquest, solve your funda problem first before blaming others. We are just trying to save our a** from delusional morons.

:lol: Why so serious? chill!

I was just pointing to the fact that MSaint has been screaming, groaning and moaning, as he claims^^ (and complaining to JI bosses maybe?), in anticipation of some doomsday scenario painted in his post. I feel embarrassed when other BDs post such crap.

if you do not agree with him counter his post logically but do "NOT" restore to personal attacks which you have no rights of whatsoever as everybody is entitled to their point of view be it pro-secular or pro-Islamic for that matter

Mudslinging aside, extremist ideas will destroy BD. Look at the level of paranoia in the extremists' posts above.

Paranoia coming from a hardliner awami league supporter is nothing but a sad irony.

South Asia is India's backyard and whatever happens here concerns us...cry me a river but we have legitimate stake in BD affairs.

mate just to set the record straight regarding your misconception of South Asia being your backyard well cant say about others, but Pakistan is also in South Asia & i as a stranded Pakistani (bihari) can assure you that Pakistan is definitely "NOT" your backyard, Pakistan is literally to big & on top of that
a "nuclear power" to be your backyard

Do the minorities in Bangladesh support BNP? If not then why?

if you do not agree with him counter his post logically but do "NOT" restore to personal attacks which you have no rights of whatsoever as everybody is entitled to their point of view be it pro-secular or pro-Islamic for that matter

dude, don't get so emotional.

Read his post. The part you highlighted is actually what he implied. And how is speculating who he complained to a personal attack? LoL.

Paranoia coming from a hardliner awami league supporter is nothing but a sad irony.

Oh you're back. :D

Sorry, I'm no AL supporter.

You know what, right now we're getting our a$$ r@ped by one party. Every 5 years, we change the current r@pist with the one waiting for their turn.

That's how I see it. You guys love it. I don't. :P

Not an auspicious sign

THE capital Dhaka bore a surreal look on March 12. For four days the government had employed every mechanism at their disposal to stop people from entering Dhaka and on the day of the opposition’s alliance grand rally, the pressure was mounted further, as the police, the Rapid Action Battalion and the Border Guards Bangladesh hand-in-hand with activists of the ruling party-backed Bangladesh Chhatra League, Juba League, Sramik League and even Noujan Sramik League, in red uniform, frisked, harassed and chased people out of the city or restrained them from reaching various places in the city. Ordinary people suffered boundlessly as all forms of public transport almost disappeared, while opposition activists were subject to violent attacks and harassment as they tried to reach their destination at Naya Paltan to attend the rally. The government further clamped down on the rally itself by restricting its boundary, time and even its sound arrangement.

And yet, about five lakh people attended the rally, which was a culmination of the opposition alliance’s march to Dhaka, in the process blatantly defying both the geographical boundary and time limit set by the government. With the level of autocratic muscle exercised by the government, especially on Monday, the success of the rally clearly marks both a political and moral defeat for the government. It also to an extent lends credibility to the opposition’s opposition to, and ordinary people’s serious doubts about, having free and fair national elections under an elected government. After all, Monday turned out to be a spectacle of the length to which the state’s agencies can be employed to restrain people’s democratic rights, and how a political government can bind together the state’s forces and party’s forces in the same assembly. It would also be fair to say that the government, rather willingly and in full consciousness, treated ordinary people’s well-being with clear disdain, for the sake of suppressing political opposition. It was a slap on the face of people’s verdict, a verdict that usually decides their fate in power come election time.

On the other end, the success of Monday’s rally despite the heavy duty suppression can only make the opposition quarters grow in confidence and even, maybe, become more defiant. With the government at one end autocratic and repressive, and the opposition increasingly defiant, it can create a horror scenario for the ordinary people, suggesting that the controversial issue of the non-party caretaker government would be eventually resolved in the streets, instead of peaceful negotiation across the table.

While it is unbecoming of any democratically-oriented mind to lend support to any form of unelected government for any period of time, the fact remains that the opposing forces in the country have absolutely no faith in each other and, rightly so, if only the events of Monday are taken into account, leaving everything aside. Therefore, it falls upon the democratically-oriented social forces to create pressure on the political forces to come up with an acceptable formula for the transfer of power. Otherwise, the sufferings of the ordinary people on Monday, and the days leading up to it, would prove to be only the tip of the iceberg compared to what they can suffer if the opposing political forces remain rooted to their present stand and posture in the days to come.

New Age | Newspaper

If the above is true, it leads me to believe you're some sort of big shot in BD's political arena. So you're opinions here must be highly biased.

And if you're not a big shot, then the above leads me to believe you have a very distorted sense of self-importance - and so you're opinions must be unrealistic as well.

Either way, what the hell was that^^?! :woot: 20+ PhDs not being able to anticipate centuries of slavery, and you did?? :woot:
Are you the shallowest of shallow, hybrid Apolyptic appearing with a changed name after being shoved at the bottom in another thread? I commented over there that your aptitude, perceptual ability were like a mere 5th grader on the complex subject like Geo-Politics and again you proved that you were no better. Read Chomsky, Mahmudur Rahman, Romando, Masud Majumder, Pep Escobar, Abidullah Jan, Henry CK Lieu, Abul Mansoor Ahmad and Farhad Mazhar's write ups to find out that one doesn't need to be a 'Big Shot' to enlighten half educated, Peps Quake politicians of BNP.

Secondly, your personal attack leads me to believe that your revengeful mind can't generate goodies for BDian's well-being but Hasina's type of vendetta.

And finally, a PHD holder in a certain discipline could be extremely stupid in another one that doesn't cover the spectrum of his knowledge, understanding. I found out that 20+ of them didn't have intellectual depth of a bit of Kalu, Idune or MBI Bhai's one in Geo-Strategies. That was what compartmental education had brought to us, hope U would get my drift on it by this time.

Back
Top Bottom