What's new

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions.

Your "independent" verification is what? Lies of ISPR or Lies of Taliban? We both know both parties lie and do propaganda. So what do you consider "authentic"

and I thought it is supposed to be a "social forum", not just WHAT YOU CONSIDER OK.

If you can't digest the truth (like the pictures I posted, you deleted them. They turned out to be correct. Like the info I am posting about where the curfew has been lifted, for what time.. which will also turn out to be correct), I think I should just restrict myself to watching the Funny and Stupid thread... guess you people aren't ready for "independent" news.

Since you are the administrator (and I assume, owner) of this forum, I bid adieu in protest of your fucking rules. I know it wont make a difference to you. Thousands come and thousands go.. You think highly of yourself, I know that. You are also blinded by patriotism. I also know that. But not ready for the truth.

So yeah, **** it. You and your fucking hypocritical forum
Calm down yaar, the forum is like that, the truth is.... this is war and shi* happens. But we must unite and fight this head on.

they must be executed in the operations to save our judges the trouble of having them released
our judges can concentrate on taking sou motto action on traffic lights, whats in people's luggage and what did Gen Musharraf poop smelled from last night

Wouldn't it be better if information is extracted from these scum ?

Any good news? Haven't been online lately. :pakistan::smitten:

:sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper:
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:
1531913_10152219476771376_3519708255861660163_n.jpg

نَصْرٌ مِنَ اللَّهِ وَفَتْحٌ قَرِيبٌ......!!!

Last edited:
By Osama Ali:
After successful operation at Karachi airport , Pakistan Army has taken control over important cities of Pakistan including the Capital. Under the guidance of the Government Pakistan Army has launched attack on North Waziristan under the name of "Zarb e Azb". Previously PAF jets striked over North Waziristan killing 74 terrorists and after Karachi airport attack again striked in North Waziristan killing 80 terrorists including the master mind of th Karachi airport attack. The whole nation is supporting Pakistan Army troops and PAF against the terrorists and they are hopeful for the success after the operation. Pakistan Army has the ability of countering every kind of opponent as said by the armt chief General Sharif . May Allah shower his blessings upon the Pakistan Army and giving them success in the operation "Zarb e Azb" Ameen! Pakistan Army Zindabad! :pakistan:

Two US drone strikes kill at least five militants in Pakistan

d19448d6-6aaa-4359-a768-eadacf5fbca9_afp-gif_new.gif

18 June 2014

06b92233442590562d626b1625c03112fd99764f.jpg

A Pakistani solder checks a passenger van at a checkpoint in Hangu, a town in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, on June 17, 2014 (AFP Photo/Basit Gilani)

e09ed9fc353006c1f19603e44a975c1b97019803.jpg

Map locating US drone strikes in Pakistan's North Waziristan tribal area Wednesday. (AFP Photo)

4a5145ca548584a8174354aedff42b729f6caf10.jpg

Pakistani tribespeople buy fruit from a vendor during a curfew relaxation in Miranshah on June 17, 2014 (AFP Photo)

At least five militants were killed in two separate US drone strikes early Wednesday in a northwest tribal district where Pakistan has this week launched a major military offensive.

Local security officials said six missiles hit three compounds in Dargah Mandi village in North Waziristan, around 10 kilometres (six miles) west of the main town of Miranshah in an area considered a stronghold for the Al-Qaeda-linked Haqqani network.

"US drones fired six missiles which hit three separate compounds in two villages, at least five militants have been killed," a local security official in Miranshah told AFP.

The identities of those killed in the strikes were yet not clear, the official said.

The attacks took place just minutes apart. Two drones fired four missiles in the first strike, then a third drone fired a further two missiles in the second attack, the official said.

Another senior security official confirmed the strike and told AFP that a vehicle parked in one compound was also hit, adding the death toll could rise.

Washington reportedly suspended its drone programme in December to give Islamabad time to pursue a dialogue process with the Pakistani Tehreek-e-Taliban (TTP) aimed at ending a seven-year insurgency that has claimed thousands of lives.

However the nascent peace process was shattered when the Taliban launched an attack on the airport in Karachi on June 9 that left dozens dead.

The US resumed the programme last week, days after the Karachi attack, with two strikes in the same village of Dargah Mandi, killing at least 16 militants.

Islamabad condemned those strikes, despite suspicions the two countries coordinated in the aftermath of the Taliban siege, branding them "a violation of Pakistan's sovereignty and territorial integrity" in a foreign office statement.

Leaked documents have shown deep cooperation over drone attacks in the past, but they remain controversial, with critics charging they cause many civilian casualties.

Some 2,171 people have been killed in drone attacks since August 2008, according to an AFP tally.

Pakistan's army launched its long-awaited military offensive -- a standing demand of the United States -- on Sunday, a week after the Karachi attack, deploying troops, tanks and jets to the area in the crackdown on the Taliban and other militants.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has urged Afghanistan's leader Hamid Karzai to help seal the border in the mountainous tribal area between the two countries to stop insurgents escaping the offensive.

Air strikes early Tuesday targeted three Taliban strongholds in the town of Mir Ali in the North Waziristan region, killing 25 of the militants, according to official statements, raising the total insurgent death toll to 201.

The figure could not be independently confirmed.

Two US drone strikes kill at least five militants in Pakistan - Yahoo News

Raheel-ISPR.jpg

COAS General Raheel Sharif during his visit to Corps Headquarters Peshawar for briefing on operation Zarb-e-Azb on Monday

This guy is tough than Kiyani which was refused to act on North Waziristan few years ago. We cleared South Waziristan, we know we can do on North Waziristan.

:pakistan:

raheel-sharif-ISPR-e1403078609284.jpg

June 18, 1:03pm

Afghan ambassador to Pakistan Janan Mosazai called on Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif at the General Headquarters, according to an ISPR press release.

Operation Zarb-e-Azb and matters of mutual interest including measures to improve security along the Pakistan–Afghanistan border were discussed during the meeting.

شمالی وزیرستان: ’بڑے حملے کی تیاریاں‘

آخری وقت اشاعت: بدھ 18 جون 2014
140618111714_internally_displaced_people_pakistan_624x351__nocredit.jpg

نقل مکانی کرنے والے لوگوں سے بھری ہوئی کم و بیش ایک ہزار گاڑیاں بدھ کو بنوں پہنچی ہیں

پاکستانی حکام نے ضرب عضب آپریشن کے چوتھے روز شمالی وزیرستان سے عام شہریوں کے انخلا کے لیے کرفیو میں نرمی کی ہے جس سے ظاہر ہوتا ہے کہ طالبان کے خلاف کوئی بڑی فوجی کارروائی ہونے والی ہے۔

اے ایف پی کے مطابق پاکستانی فوج نے افغانستان کے ساتھ سرحد پر شمالی وزیرستان میں طالبان اور دوسرے عسکریت پسندوں کے خلاف کارروائی کے لیے ٹینکوں اور جیٹ طیاروں کے ساتھ ساتھ بڑی تعداد میں فوجی تعینات کر دیے ہیں۔

عسکریت پسندوں پر دباؤ بڑھانے کے لیے بدھ کو صبح سویرے دو امریکی ڈرونز نے بھی شمالی وزیرستان میں ان کے ٹھکانوں کو نشانہ بنایا ہے۔ اطلاعات کے مطابق الصبح ایک ڈرون حملے میں شمالی وزیرستان ایجنسی کے علاقے میران شاہ کے قریب درگاہ منڈی میں ایک مکان اور ایک گاڑی کو نشانہ بنایا گیا ہے اور اس حملے میں دو راکٹ داغے گئے ہیں۔

Excerpt from:

‮پاکستان‬ - ‭BBC Urdu‬ - ‮شمالی وزیرستان: ’بڑے حملے کی تیاریاں‘‬

Registration of IDPs coming out of Mirali being done at Khajori Check post. An Army Jawan stand vigilant nearby
10356707_10152267650932663_2841964995325936029_n.jpg

Pakistan Army troops manning a post at Miranshah, North Waziristan Agency. The area has been cordoned off by troops
10390163_796768370342017_8137985037516604606_n.jpg

Refugees from NWA fighting anxiously await news of family

BANNU: In the dusty, sun-baked streets of Bannu, thousands of people who have fled a major military offensive in the North Waziristan tribal district wait anxiously for news of loved ones left behind.
Many speak of civilian casualties in the air strikes which were mounted before the formal start of the operation on Sunday. Others questioned the utility of an offensive which was telegraphed to militants weeks in advance, allowing them to slip away. The bustling walled town of Bannu, some 10 kilometres from the border with North Waziristan, is accustomed to sudden influxes of civilians fleeing the regular eruptions of violence in the tribal areas which are havens for militants.
Rents in the town have soared along with the temperature as local landlords and hotels take advantage of the latest flow of refugees, who began coming in late May following air strikes. Raza Ullah, 10, fled Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan, along with seven family members. But his father, a tribal elder, was left behind. “We have had no contact with him since the launch of the operation, we are worried about him,” he told AFP. “Father was urging us to leave as soon as possible. I miss my school and schoolfriends.”
Pakistan Army has said around 200 militants have died since a long-awaited offensive began on Sunday, a week after an all-night siege on Karachi airport claimed by the Taliban. It has been impossible to verify the toll independently or the identity of those killed. Hundreds of tribesmen crowded around a bus-stop in the town’s main bazaar Tuesday, hoping their loved ones would arrive soon by the lone road that links Bannu to the tribal zone. Laver Khan, a trader from Datta Khel village, fled to Bannu five days ago and rented a house for his 25-strong family.
Now another 75 people from his village have also taken shelter in the cramped house, he said. “They (authorities) should have given us a chance to vacate our areas,” Khan said. The army has imposed a curfew and issued shoot-on-sight orders for anyone leaving their homes in the fighting zone. “I haven’t contacted them since days, I am worried what is happening there,” he said. Haji Saleem Khan, a 60-year-old from Shawa village who owns a transport business, said he visited Bannu’s taxi-stand every day to find out whether the road to the tribal area had opened to civilian traffic.
He said he plans to take a taxi to collect his relatives as soon as the curfew is lifted. But Saleem questioned why tanks, troops and jets were bombing the area when the fighters there had already left. “Why did they begin this operation so late? Most of the militants has already fled, those leaving behind are non-combatants,” he told AFP. Like many others, Saleem also suggested that the air strikes were not as surgical as the military claimed. “They killed women and children in the air strikes, I myself took out dead bodies from under the rubble,” he said.
Zahidullah Khan, 31 from Mir Ali, said he would prefer drone strikes – a controversial view in Pakistan where the unmanned US aircraft are highly controversial. “A US drone hits its target accurately and does not cause other damages but jet fighters smash everything,” Khan told AFP. An AFP reporter in Bannu said landlords had doubled their rents and hotel-owners had increased rates fivefold to take advantage of the influx. Some 62,000 people are believed to have fled North Waziristan ahead of the operation, according to government figures, though many consider the true figure to be far higher. The government is building camps just outside Bannu, but in the blistering summer heat — 47 degrees C on Monday – refugees are avoiding them because of the lack of shade, electricity and running water.
Muhammad Rashid Dawar, a 42-year-old labourer, said he could not afford to rent accommodation and did not want to go to a camp, instead taking his wife and six children to a school that was closed for summer. He said he decided to leave in late May following air strikes. “There was a huge bombardment, the whole village shook like an earthquake. “I saw women and children buried under the wreckage of their houses and I knew it was time we must go.”

BANNU: In the dusty, sun-baked streets of Bannu, thousands of people who have fled a major military offensive in the North Waziristan tribal district wait anxiously for news of loved ones left behind.
Many speak of civilian casualties in the air strikes which were mounted before the formal start of the operation on Sunday. Others questioned the utility of an offensive which was telegraphed to militants weeks in advance, allowing them to slip away. The bustling walled town of Bannu, some 10 kilometres from the border with North Waziristan, is accustomed to sudden influxes of civilians fleeing the regular eruptions of violence in the tribal areas which are havens for militants.
Rents in the town have soared along with the temperature as local landlords and hotels take advantage of the latest flow of refugees, who began coming in late May following air strikes. Raza Ullah, 10, fled Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan, along with seven family members. But his father, a tribal elder, was left behind. “We have had no contact with him since the launch of the operation, we are worried about him,” he told AFP. “Father was urging us to leave as soon as possible. I miss my school and schoolfriends.”
Pakistan Army has said around 200 militants have died since a long-awaited offensive began on Sunday, a week after an all-night siege on Karachi airport claimed by the Taliban. It has been impossible to verify the toll independently or the identity of those killed. Hundreds of tribesmen crowded around a bus-stop in the town’s main bazaar Tuesday, hoping their loved ones would arrive soon by the lone road that links Bannu to the tribal zone. Laver Khan, a trader from Datta Khel village, fled to Bannu five days ago and rented a house for his 25-strong family.
Now another 75 people from his village have also taken shelter in the cramped house, he said. “They (authorities) should have given us a chance to vacate our areas,” Khan said. The army has imposed a curfew and issued shoot-on-sight orders for anyone leaving their homes in the fighting zone. “I haven’t contacted them since days, I am worried what is happening there,” he said. Haji Saleem Khan, a 60-year-old from Shawa village who owns a transport business, said he visited Bannu’s taxi-stand every day to find out whether the road to the tribal area had opened to civilian traffic.
He said he plans to take a taxi to collect his relatives as soon as the curfew is lifted. But Saleem questioned why tanks, troops and jets were bombing the area when the fighters there had already left. “Why did they begin this operation so late? Most of the militants has already fled, those leaving behind are non-combatants,” he told AFP. Like many others, Saleem also suggested that the air strikes were not as surgical as the military claimed. “They killed women and children in the air strikes, I myself took out dead bodies from under the rubble,” he said.
Zahidullah Khan, 31 from Mir Ali, said he would prefer drone strikes – a controversial view in Pakistan where the unmanned US aircraft are highly controversial. “A US drone hits its target accurately and does not cause other damages but jet fighters smash everything,” Khan told AFP. An AFP reporter in Bannu said landlords had doubled their rents and hotel-owners had increased rates fivefold to take advantage of the influx. Some 62,000 people are believed to have fled North Waziristan ahead of the operation, according to government figures, though many consider the true figure to be far higher. The government is building camps just outside Bannu, but in the blistering summer heat — 47 degrees C on Monday – refugees are avoiding them because of the lack of shade, electricity and running water.
Muhammad Rashid Dawar, a 42-year-old labourer, said he could not afford to rent accommodation and did not want to go to a camp, instead taking his wife and six children to a school that was closed for summer. He said he decided to leave in late May following air strikes. “There was a huge bombardment, the whole village shook like an earthquake. “I saw women and children buried under the wreckage of their houses and I knew it was time we must go.”

A day ago I watched program of Reham khan and the reporter from Bannu said that people of Bannu are not so "welcoming" to the IDPs from waziristand, she was saying that unlike Mardan, charsada , naushehra area which showed alot hospitality to Swat IDPs, it seems that people of Bannu have totally different culture calling IDPs as terrorist supporters and charging them three times more than usual rent for accomodation. Your Lukki area is also near around, is there a big difference between hospitality between peshwar valley pashtuns and Bannu area pashtuns. This is what I got from Reham khan's program of 16th june.

A day ago I watched program of Reham khan and the reporter from Bannu said that people of Bannu are not so "welcoming" to the IDPs from waziristand, she was saying that unlike Mardan, charsada , naushehra area which showed alot hospitality to Swat IDPs, it seems that people of Bannu have totally different culture calling IDPs as terrorist supporters and charging them three times more than usual rent for accomodation. Your Lukki area is also near around, is there a big difference between hospitality between peshwar valley pashtuns and Bannu area pashtuns. This is what I got from Reham khan's program of 16th june.
I dont know about this aspect of bannu, i would ask around. The IDP camp is set up in FR bannu which is populated by wazir tribes. In addition to FR bannu, domail tehsil is also populated by wazir tribes. In bannu city, you would observe large number of waziri faces. Wazirs look down upon meek bannuchis and bannuchis resent waziri strength and domination. In ayub khan times, in 60s, wazirs occupied bannu and begin to expel bannuchis, but were saved by timely help from marwat tribe. So there is some bad history between them. People of mardan, swabi , buner etc are usually of same stock as swat.
As for as lakki is concerned, wazirs have bought lands there and people have no problem with it. A member here, @Hyperion has also bought zameen in lakki.

pakistan army is risking its soldiers lives by land mines etc by operating non armored vehicles?

vZMEeY0.jpg

zPov8OH.jpg

ZhGSj0A.jpg

Back
Top Bottom